Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Maguire seems a decent bloke, down to earth type. Look at Man Utd under Mourinho. Dour, tense and dull football. Not the usual way for them. So, would Maguire want to play for Mourinho in that atmosphere? I wouldn’t...and we don’t need cash just to build our team for European footy on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It's only my opinion but it seems to me that there isn't really any credible source (I could be wrong) linked to Maguire wanting out. Proper pros don’t publicise stuff like that.

True, but not all footballers have these kinds of morals. I do agree however that Harry seems to be a decent bloke.

It also looks like the usual obvious pattern you see with Clubs trying to unsettle players by using their links in the media, in the hope they'll force a move if a bid is made. They don’t need to do that - they have agents for that.

Again I agree but I think this happens as well as.

There is a lot of big club bias in the media that don't believe we are worthy of such a player. Combine that with the easy story they can report and you have the motivation for this to be plastered on every website going. The media have to publicise something and with yanited involved there are plenty of willing clickers.

I'll get me coat.

Harry Maguire clearly loves it here and has said so on many occasions to my memory You know him personally then? What do you expect him to say? 

I't's based nothing more than my own opinion and I've had a beer> I think you'll find that having a beer will forgive you most errors.

Our owners are very wealthy and will want to improve our side, not detract from it. I would hope this is true!

Most importantly, he has 4 years left on a five year contract. Indeed

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

We are in danger of becoming a feeder club. Don’t sell. 

Ultimately, that's what we are. There is a very established food chain in football that it is incredibly hard to break, especially in the modern game where money is king. In that chain, ManUre are simply higher up than us. Yes, our owners are ambitious but they haven't got the financial resources, or at least aren't willing to spend what it would take, to get us far enough up the chain to compete with the likes of ManUre for players, even if that were possible anyway, which is doubtful. Let's face it, even when we won the league we still lost our best player to a so called big club that hadn't even qualified for the next season's Europa League, let alone Champions League.

The secret for us is to sell players for good money at the right time and get better, cheaper replacements. This is of course incredibly hard. The likes of Sevilla, Monaco and Dortmund can do it but they have massive advantages over us: they all qualify for Europe every year; Dortmund have one of the biggest, most atmospheric stadiums in Europe; and Monaco/Sevilla are great places to live and in Monaco's case offer tax breaks. It's no surprise therefore they can always attract the best young talent to replace superstars they've sold to clubs further up the food chain. 

Sorry, this sounds depressing but it is reality. 

• Like 2

I'd take £65m + Jones or Smalling personally. We won't be able to build our team around Maguire long term IMO. IF he carries on with the same rate of progression it's simply a matter of time before another big club comes back for him. We'll just end up how we did every window with Mahrez. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Could you link me to actual quotes then?

Because the only thing I have seen was basically ‘happy at Leicester but everyone wants to develop their career.’ No actual quotes suggesting he’s actively trying to leave. 

The only clubs Maguire shown affinity for are the Sheffield clubs. Wednesday he supported as a boy and United because they brought him through. 

I wouldnt claim its his dream to stay with Leicester. However last summer he could have gone Tottenham but chose Leicester for regular football. By playing regular football, he becomes a first choice England player. The same consistency of appearances he can’t call upon at Manchester United. 

He was happy to turn down the lure of Champions League football for game time. So the attraction to United with their current squad and awful playing style isn’t  that huge. If Spurs have been interested before, they will be again. He has time on his side. No need for the tantrums yet. 

To add making the general point, there’s no way Man U are happy to offer £65 million for Maguire but not to do so with the far more experienced and complete alderweireld

And a lot older. 

Theyre looking at Big H as their future captain, a leader for years to come. 

And if youre after quotes it will be difficult as almost everything in the media is twisted and turned. He has, apparently, expressed interest in Man Utd.  

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

With the way inflation is going, presuming he continues to play well; after next summer he’ll be worth north of £100m which is scary to think about

And that inflation will apply across the board to every other player too. We will hit a crisis point with it all, but I’m not sure we are quite there yet. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

$ky and $kybet are wankers the prices are up and down like a prostitutes knickers.

Infact id probably get better value out of some prostitutes knickers.

I say!! ..I didnt know they wore knickers,and the curtains had other usage!!!! 

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And that inflation will apply across the board to every other player too. We will hit a crisis point with it all, but I’m not sure we are quite there yet. 

The way I see it is we can invest that into the infrastructure of the club rather than focusing purely on replacements, if we can recognise that early on we’ll do alright for the future ? 

11 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'd take £65m + Jones or Smalling personally. We won't be able to build our team around Maguire long term IMO. IF he carries on with the same rate of progression it's simply a matter of time before another big club comes back for him. We'll just end up how we did every window with Mahrez. 

In 3yrs we are taking the title again...so Maguire stays...!! 

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Won’t stop the lunatics continuing to ‘take over the asylum’ on here though ! 

Maguire isn’t going to force though a move after one season and we aren’t going to sell for lots of reasons. 

Incidentally, remember riyad apparently wanted to leave in the summer after we won the league but wouldn’t force through a move by asking for a move so signed a new deal.  Just because harry signs a new contract in the next week or so, doesn’t mean he wants to spend the rest of his career here ! It’s just business! 

Feels worse than I can ever remember lol

3 hours ago, ronnup said:

‘he might play Champions league, title race etc and be at one of the biggest clubs in the world if he went there but if he went there it could be a bad move for him’

have a word with yourself 

so it was a good move for Luke Shaw going there then right............

Couple of weeks ago I thought this deal had no chance, I’m a bit worried now as the money being offered is ridiculous, problem is that Maguire seems to want the move now. All the feckin Man U twonks down here who have never seen them play live will be making even more snidey digs...:(

Just now, NewquayFox said:

Couple of weeks ago I thought this deal had no chance, I’m a bit worried now as the money being offered is ridiculous, problem is that Maguire seems to want the move now. All the feckin Man U twonks down here who have never seen them play live will be making even more snidey digs...:(

where does he actually say that

• Like 1