Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

34 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Problem with this is that Boro will play hardball and want a ridiculous amount for him because they know we now have the cash if Maggy goes, as well as Mahrez, in the same window.

Edited by buzzer_b

1 minute ago, NewquayFox said:

Couple of weeks ago I thought this deal had no chance, I’m a bit worried now as the money being offered is ridiculous, problem is that Maguire seems to want the move now. All the feckin Man U twonks down here who have never seen them play live will be making even more snidey digs...:(

He's as good as gone! 

Slab head has been turned! 

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

where does he actually say that

It’s been said he wants to play at the highest level, but every player wants that surely?

I just hope he now doesn’t do a Mahrez and kick up a fuss, pushing for the move. He needs to respect the club and his contract he’s signed if Utd don’t meet our valuation.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

There’s no way he’s a £65 million + defender. Had a very decent season last season and a great World Cup - I love watching him play for us - but he’s not that good. 

The problem we have is that realistically we’d struggle to replace him with a player of equal or superior quality and the same skill set (specifically comfort in possession) no matter how much money we’ve got to spend.

We’ve already got a big problem in that we can’t replace Mahrez with somebody of equivalent quality. If we do that twice in one window with two of our most important players we’re booking a one way ticket to a relegation struggle.

Don’t sell at any price.

Just now, buzzer_b said:

It’s been said he wants to play at the highest level, but every player wants that surely?

I just hope he now doesn’t do a Mahrez and kick up a fuss, pushing for the move. He needs to respect the club and his contract he’s signed if Utd don’t meet our valuation.

of course every player wants to, just the way people read it doesnt mean he wants to move

hell i want to be a millionaire..........lol

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

of course every player wants to, just the way people read it doesnt mean he wants to move

hell i want to be a millionaire..........lol

I don’t think he’s actually come out and said he wants the move, just the norm saying he wants to play at the top. Just the normal crap a player is bound to say.

Somebody quote me if I’m wrong.

We need to sign another Robert Huth type Centre Half to replace Maguire if he does go (sincerely hope not) but unfortunately we will never get that lucky again, not sure who fits the bill....

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I don’t think he’s actually come out and said he wants the move, just the norm saying he wants to play at the top. Just the normal crap a player is bound to say.

Somebody quote me if I’m wrong.

tbf you are spot on with it there, its the typical footballer word to say other than the word "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

2 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

We need to sign another Robert Huth type Centre Half to replace Maguire if he does go (sincerely hope not) but unfortunately we will never get that lucky again, not sure who fits the bill....

No we don't - we are trying to create a team who's able to keep the ball successfully, not just tw** it all the time. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Problem with this is that Boro will play hardball and want a ridiculous amount for him because they know we now have the cash if Maggy goes, as well as Mahrez, in the same window.

I'm going to hope that we're already in advanced negotiations with other clubs for a replacement. Man Utd's bid being announced to the media wouldn't have come out of nowhere.  I imagine that discussions would have been ongoing with Man Utd before their offer leaked to the press.

If not then it's worrying about how we're running our club. 

Stay calm,

man u have bid

we've said he's not for sale at any cost,

they'll push and we push back.

Harry Maguire is going nowhere, I had a pleasant tingling in my forehead earlier that can only mean that he's staying. 

Let the twitter brigade make up and regurgitate, let the bookies lengthen his odds to stay, place bet and get rich.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why does Maguire want to leave Leicester for United? The answer, more money, champions league football, bigger stage, better players etc etc.

So Surely all those factors would mean smalling wouldn't want to leave Man united for Leicester City?

I would imagine if Maguire goes, smalling wouldn’t get in the Man U team, therefore he probably would consider moving on so he could get 1st team football

7 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

I'm literally gutted that we consider selling. Thought times had changed but maybe not.

Sad times as no faith in puel or rudkin to get the right replacement. 

Good job neither are involved in the scouting then.

• Like 2