Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

21 hours ago, davieG said:

His price just went up :P

Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham in £50m transfer war for Leicester City’s Harry Maguire

Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are all interested in signing England international defender Harry Maguire, according to the Daily Star.

The Premier League quartet, who all sit in the top six of the top-flight standings this campaign, have all been linked with a £50m fight for the signature of the Leicester City star this summer.

The 25-year-old, who has four international caps for the Three Lions, has scored two goals and provided three assists in 39 appearances in all competitions for the Foxes so far this season.

Maguire, who arrived at the King Power Stadium back in June following his switch from Championship side Hull City, in a deal that could rise to £17m, has caught the eye of the division’s big guns after an impressive debut term at Leicester.

North London rivals Arsenal and Spurs are understood to have had £40m enquiries rejected by the Foxes during the previous January transfer window, with the Foxes desperate to hang on to the centre-back’s services, who is expected to feature for England at this summer’s FIFA World Cup finals in Russia.

I’m sure Leicester would want more than £50m for Harry Maguire the Sun is such a ? newspaper makes up its own stories at times just to fill that pile of ?!!

We know the owners won't sell so unless he does a Drinkwater and hands a transfer request in then I can't see him leaving. We have only lost 2 (soon to be 3 with Mahrez) of our top players since winning the league and 1 a had a release clause and one asked for a transfer (2 if you include Mahrez). Just hope Wilf and Harry don't follow the example set my Danny Benchwarmer. 

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

We know the owners won't sell so unless he does a Drinkwater and hands a transfer request in then I can't see him leaving. We have only lost 2 (soon to be 3 with Mahrez) of our top players since winning the league and 1 a had a release clause and one asked for a transfer (2 if you include Mahrez). Just hope Wilf and Harry don't follow the example set my Danny Benchwarmer. 

That's only an example though. Look at how Kante has been at Chelsea.

If Ndidi left I rekon he'd be a starter in any of those top 6 clubs. My biggest concern is trying to keep Ndidi.

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

Surely Maguire will want to go as he would start for prettty much any team in PL.

£60m seems to be the going rate for outstanding defenders.

i can only see Man Utd or Man City offering that 

Good on the ball he maybe but his not an outstanding defender for me.

Does he have the tools to be a great CB, yes of course, but at the moment he makes to many mistakes for me.

Huth maybe a clonger, but he a far better out and out defender than Harry in his prime.

The fact he is English and decent on the ball increase his value. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

That's only an example though. Look at how Kante has been at Chelsea.

If Ndidi left I rekon he'd be a starter in any of those top 6 clubs. My biggest concern is trying to keep Ndidi.

Come on take those blue tinted glasses off he would get near to being a starter for Man City, Spurs or Man U! 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Good on the ball he maybe but his not an outstanding defender for me.

Does he have the tools to be a great CB, yes of course, but at the moment he makes to many mistakes for me.

Not sure how you can judge him properly. He's part of a unit of four and he's not got much help.

Imo you would see a different Harry with a better partner. 

15 hours ago, sylofox said:

Not sure how you can judge him properly. He's part of a unit of four and he's not got much help.

Imo you would see a different Harry with a better partner. 

I judge he on how he performs as a individual, for me he make to many errors judgement to be a great defender at the moment. However for a CB he still young and will improve. 

As for you point about being a unit, the back four in the great escape season was woeful, Huth turn up and made the whole unit better, basically the catalyst for our survival. Huth made Morgan look PL class, with his organisation skills, leadership, Harry is hands down the best ball playing CB we have ever had my time, but just need to be a better at the ugly part if the game for me.

I would like to see him play in a three, gives him more protection and allows him to have more freedom, that why it will be interesting to see him in the world cup for England. 

Edited by coolhandfox

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I judge he on how he performs as a individual, for me he make to many errors judgement to be a great defender at the moment. However for a CB he still young and will improve. 

As for you point about being a unit, the back four in the great escape season the unit was woeful, Huth turn up and made the whole unit better, basically the catalyst for our survival. Huth made Morgan look PL class, with his organisation skills, leadership, Harry is hands down the best ball playing CB we have ever had my time, but just need to be a better at the ugly part if the game for me.

I would like to see him play in a three, gives him more protection and allows him to have more freedom, that why it will be interesting to see him in the world cup for England. 

Huth came in and organized the back four that's why it worked. We don't have anyone at present organising our back four. Put a leader next to Mags you will see an immediate improvement.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Huth came in and organized the back four that's why it worked. We don't have anyone at present organising our back four. Put a leader next to Mags you will see an immediate improvement.

But people want Dragovic and he isn’t a leader ?

Our defensive issues are deeper than just having a leader at the back who can organise the others. 

27 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Our defensive issues are deeper than just having a leader at the back who can organise the others. 

I agree its not just a leader we are 3 players short at the back now. But with what we have atm if one could lead and organize we would be stronger.

Dragovic may not be a leader but he's quicker and reads the game well. That in turn takes some pressure off of Mags.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

I agree, however people are claiming Harry is a top draw defender. I'm my book, you can't be a great defender if you need someone to lead you and tell you where to go.  Top drawer defenders lead those around them, organise the back 4. 

Harry is a decent defender who very good ability on the ball, and being English that a unusual thing which make him worth a decent amount! 

Just think to many people label him as a great defender, which he isn't.

However with more experience he has the tools to be a great defender! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

No, but the whole team looks leaderless at time.

As we showed in the Title winning season, with good management and leadership, the whole can been greater than the sum of its parts! 

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, however people are claiming Harry is a top draw defender. I'm my book, you can't be a great defender if you need someone to lead you and tell you where to go.  Top drawer defenders lead those around them, organise the back 4. 

I'm not saying Harry needs a leader. Harry gets caught out because Wes needs the leader.

How many corners the last two seasons have resulted in a goal because Wes has let his man go.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I'm not saying Harry needs a leader. Harry gets caught out because Wes needs the leader.

How many corners the last two seasons have resulted in a goal because Wes has let his man go.

Maybe, I'd have like to have seen Harry with Huth, but that seem unlikely to happen.

As for corners, it's not just Wes, the whole defensive setup starting with Kasper is a shambles, and has been for the last 2 seasons.

In fact we are just terrible at corners at both ends of the park

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

we put dragovic next to him and they wer great. Then walks back in Morgan.

I still think we should go for Chris Smalling. Josè clearly does'nt want him yet plays him every week. Him and Harry I think could be a good pairing. My only doubt is and am I right in thinking they both play the left side of cb (im sure some of you will correct me). If not then imo sign him up. And if Puel wants to build around Harry then give him the captaincy.

On 18/04/2018 at 16:43, Lovejoy said:

We did. It was called Dragovic. 5 clean sheets in 6 off the top of my head.

Of they 5 clean sheets they only started 2 games together. Benny started against Fleetwood twice, we should have conceded in both games as well.  Morgan started against Huddersfield and we looked comfortable.

Of the 6 league games Dragovic started we won 1, drew 2 and lost 3.

Whilst I'd love to see more of them together, and I liked Dragovic, the facts don't half seem to get a bit distorted about how we played with him in the team compared to others.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Of they 5 clean sheets they only started 2 games together. Benny started against Fleetwood twice, we should have conceded in both games as well.  Morgan started against Huddersfield and we looked comfortable.

Of the 6 league games Dragovic started we won 1, drew 2 and lost 3.

Whilst I'd love to see more of them together, and I liked Dragovic, the facts don't half seem to get a bit distorted about how we played with him in the team compared to others.

Very annoying that you keep popping our fantasy bubbles :)