Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'd take £65m + Jones or Smalling personally. We won't be able to build our team around Maguire long term IMO. IF he carries on with the same rate of progression it's simply a matter of time before another big club comes back for him. We'll just end up how we did every window with Mahrez. 

We'll definitely lose him next summer, should he progress like he did until now. However I do think that he isn't going anywhere this season no matter how much is put on the table. It's too late to start searching.

2 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Whether he goes in this window or not, this is the beginning of the end of his time at Leicester even if he signs a contract extension. 

These big clubs know how to manipulate these situations and will know that even if they don't sign him now they've got the wheel's in motion by forcing us to offer a new contract. 

Come January or next summer they'll simply come in again with another offer knowing that we won't/can't offer improved terms again, and they will be able to dangle the financial carrot in front of his and his agents eyes. Knowing that we'll have exhausted our avenues for keeping him, the emphasis will fall on the player to force the move and we'll simply end up with another Mahrez situation if we try and play hardball. 

We can't win this game unless we are prepared to lift the lid on the wage structure, or go all out to try and establish ourselves as a top 4 side by bringing in the calibre of player's that will guarantee us such status

Problem being FFP doesn't allow you to do so even if you wanted to gamble. Your only allowed to increase your overall wages by so much per season. 

I believe this descision,will define and determine  Puels,the owners and LCFC plus the fan wishes,

and ambitions,for the future...He goes then Motivation and belief,will implode,he like Vardy and Mahrez before,

Maguire as become a Talisman and terraces hero.A representative of Leicesters future potential,

to Do we want to dare again..! or at least show we want to try...

It suprises me ,how many City Fans,question or doubt his quality and potential!,because of

their insistence imo OTT Over-analysing mistakes and errors.

Edited by fuchsntf

We need another CB even if Maguire stays.

so to loose him to Manure this close to deadline day I don’t think we would have enough time to replace him and get a 2nd quality CB in.

Morgan and Evans don’t fill me with much hope that they would be good enough for a full season together.

I really hope he stays but the media are pushing it that much I can’t see him staying and feel we won’t get his true value.

Anything less then 75m would be a joke but the big clubs are renowned for their bullying.

Plus any CB we look at this close to the deadline day will know we have money if we sell him and bump up the price knowing we are desperate.

Dont want him to go and like to build a young hungry team around him but I think his gone.

We will see how ambitious the owners are if they sell or not. 

Honestly, I’m neither fazed or upset by which ever way this deal goes. If he decides to stay, great, we’ve got a GOOD but not amazing defender on our books to build the team around. However, if he decides to leave for the reported £70m price tag, that’s excellent business.

I don’t think he is up there with the best defenders in the Premier League yet and to get that type of money for him would be good. I do think he still has a lot to learn and does make simple errors. On the other hand, does he have the potential to get there? Sure, why not. But £70m for Maguire I think would be a good price.

Having said that, the aspects that do irk me is the limited amount of time we have to get a replacement (much similar to the Mahrez situation in January) and the reputation and message surrounding the club that it would produce. Also, the amount of United fans assuming that they could simply buy him without any sort of resistance is highly irritating. 

The solution that seems the best option is for a cash plus player deal, but United’s centre back options do not give me a lot of confidence at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Stay calm,

man u have bid

we've said he's not for sale at any cost,

they'll push and we push back.

Harry Maguire is going nowhere, I had a pleasant tingling in my forehead earlier that can only mean that he's staying. 

Let the twitter brigade make up and regurgitate, let the bookies lengthen his odds to stay, place bet and get rich.

The surgery is open at 9am, Please call for an immediate appointment.

Lascelles for 20 odd million would be a good replacement. We could get Smalling and some cash which wouldn’t be bad as well.

I think Harry has his head turned, it’s a shame that we could lose him after only one season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

I will be in a minority but I'd take 65m for Maguire. Then try and get mawson, smalling or gibson. 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

£65m-£70m is enough to get in one, maybe two, good centre backs from Europe. It's just whether there's time. We'd need a replacement in first.

3 hours ago, PoshhFox said:

If it’s a £65m offer I would sell. That’s an insane amount for him.

He is our best player though

I've gone from, 'under no circumstances', about 6 hours ago to 'Gee, that's an awful lot of money for him' 

The problem is, as @Fox92 says, there's so short a time left for replacements. Couple that with the fact that we'll be screwed by whoever we deal with for a replacement and it becomes a massive risk. Quoting figures in an hypothetical case is a fallacy but, for the sake of simplicity, I will. If we have to sign a replacement after Maguire goes, you just know we'll get a £20m pound player but end up paying £45m for him.

If we could sign someone before Maguire puts pen to paper at Utd, I'd be hugely tempted to take the money. That just isn't going to happen though. I think we have to keep him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mad biker said:

What makes you remotely think his head has been turned ? there has been absolutely nothing said that indicates this has there ?

SkySports making stuff up to help Man Utd unsettle a player from a team that they play first. One comment from Maguire to say he's ambitious has helped Man Utd indirect tapping up. What they never say is that he's very happy at Leicester. 

Hate Sky, hate them with a passion as I hate Man Utd too. Too controlled by Man Utd. Don't have sky for that reason. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mad biker said:

What makes you remotely think his head has been turned ? there has been absolutely nothing said that indicates this has there ?

Percy says Maguire is "intrigued" at a possible move.

Maguire has liked a tweet saying that Man Utd has approached us.

That's it for concrete stuff so far, read as much or as little into it as possible.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

SkySports making stuff up to help Man Utd unsettle a player from a team that they play first. One comment from Maguire to say he's ambitious has helped thean Utd indirect tapping up. What they never say is that he's very happy at Leicester. 

Hate Sky, hate them with a passion. Too controlled by Man Utd. Don't have sky for that reason. 

You've jumped to some rather large conclusions there

Had his head turned ? I've got no evidence yet that a bid has been made and if it has I don't think

Leicester or United would disclose the figure … so am sceptical where this £65 million figure has come from.

Anyway it's too late in the window now to consider selling him whatever amount United may offer.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Percy says Maguire is "intrigued" at a possible move.

Maguire has liked a tweet saying that Man Utd has approached us.

That's it for concrete stuff so far, read as much or as little into it as possible.

Guess he's intrigued as to how the f*** Phil Jones is a professional footballer