Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Just now, UniFox21 said:

You've jumped to some rather large conclusions there

Not massively. Why is there more articles about Man Utd than any other team on their website through out the season? Why in any of the article does it not mention that Maguire is happy at Leicester? Why is it more aimed in Man Utd's favour?

I can't believe how many people would sell him, even if it was for £70 mil. He has been immense in his first year with us and I think he has the ability and right kind of attitude to just keep getting better. 

If we want to do anything progressive whatsoever at this club, then we will have to hang onto players like him for at least 2/3 years in order to try and push ourselves up the table. Otherwise we will just go round and round in circles. 

4 minutes ago, mad biker said:

I remember hearing an interview with him, might just be my old fartism, where he said he was exited to see how far LCFC can go and was pleased to be part of it.

He has now seen how far we can go by looking at the transfers we have made this summer

• Haha 1

Just now, fox_favourite said:

Not massively. Why is there more articles about Man Utd than any other team on their website through out the season? Why in any of the article does it not mention that Maguire is happy at Leicester? Why is it more aimed in Man Utd's favour?

I'd say it's majorly due to how popular the team is, a lot of glory supporters follow Man Utd, hence Sky tap into that by posting every story possible. A lot of it is as this window has been fairly quiet compared to others, stiring this up as "England star of small club wanted by a big club" gets more people on the site

14 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I can't believe how many people would sell him, even if it was for £70 mil. He has been immense in his first year with us and I think he has the ability and right kind of attitude to just keep getting better. 

If we want to do anything progressive whatsoever at this club, then we will have to hang onto players like him for at least 2/3 years in order to try and push ourselves up the table. Otherwise we will just go round and round in circles. 

Has he been immense though? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He has now seen how far we can go by looking at the transfers we have made this summer

Again I may be a bit of a twat but I am very pleased with our recruitment SO FAR so can`t see any of our current 4 million strong squad being upset with our signings, I just think that all the Maguire crap is journo`s making mischief !

Guest Col city fan
23 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Spot on!

I can’t believe how many so-called City ‘fans’ would sell our best player and a future England captain.

Who would we replace him with any where near his ability?

He has a superb World Cup, feel like that's artificially inflated how good he was for Leicester. 

65 million I'd take, he might go the way of Michael Keane, touted as the next best English defender at Burnley, goes Everton and looks average at best all of a sudden, and that's next to Ashley Williams who's legs have gone. 

£47 million profit in one year would be ridiculously good. I don't think he'll ever be England captain either Kane has that very long term and is a year younger. 

30 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I second this completely. We really need to be building on our team, not letting the top performers go.

We've let Mahrez go without any clear successor that's going to be anywhere near his level.

Though I doubt that Maguire will have the same attitude that Mahrez did, if he doesn't get his way.

I expect us to drop him a nice big fat contract on his big head and hope to keep him pinned down for a couple more seasons (who knows, he might be worth even more then if he put's in an equally great performance in the 2020 euros).

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on!

I can’t believe how many so-called City ‘fans’ would sell our best player and a future England captain.

Strange you say that as most of the season you slagged him off quite a bit

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

BREAKING: Jon Rudkin sells Maguire in £1 million deal plus exchange for Phil Jones. Punishment being delivered by Vichai... 

IMG_20180726_224355.jpg

That looks too much like Jacob Rees-Mogg... But guess it would explain why f all is happening with Brexit 

I would try and push them for a bit more money, but even at 65m I think it’s good business to sell.

Maguire has been great, I love him. Seeing those step overs from a centre back in the box against United was epic - something I will never forget.

but realistically, it’s really good business from us.

it would enable us to strengthen in a few areas.

we could bring in Mawson, a left back and a winger for not much more than we would get for maguire.

its a head and heart battle for me. Heart says keep him, head says sell him.

if we do keep him he needs to be captain.

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Strange you say that as most of the season you slagged him off quite a bit

Typical Babylon hyperbole, written for effect.

I pointed out his limitations and his rawness. And said when he hadn’t played particularly well. That’s not ‘slagging’ off a player you tool.

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on!

Honestly, he’s a very good player and no doubt one of the best ball playing centre backs in the league but you can’t argue that he hasn’t had his troubles last season. Whether that’s been because he has been next to Wes is yet to be seen but I think the more reasonable amoungst us will recognise that that next season we won’t get anywhere near the price that we could now.

As for replacing him with someone with his ability it depends really doesn’t it. If it’s on defensive ability he is replaceable for me, Vida for one looked fantastic at the World Cup.

If we have anything about us we would have anticipated this and thought of who we could bring in for him should he go.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly, he’s a very good player and no doubt one of the best ball playing centre backs in the league but you can’t argue that he hasn’t had his troubles last season. Whether that’s been because he has been next to Wes is yet to be seen but I think the more reasonable amoungst us will recognise that that next season we won’t get anywhere near the price that we could now.

As for replacing him with someone with his ability it depends really doesn’t it. If it’s on defensive ability he is replaceable for me, Vida for one looked fantastic at the World Cup.

If we have anything about us we would have anticipated this and thought of who we could bring in for him should he go.

If we sell both Mahrez and Maguire in the same transfer window, our ability to progress as a club seriously vying for success and trophies, becomes a joke.

We would simply be a selling club.

I still doubt we’ll sell him though personally.

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

If we sell both Mahrez and Maguire in the same transfer window, our ability to progress as a club seriously vying for success and trophies, becomes a joke.

We would simply be a selling club.

I still doubt we’ll sell him though personally.

I agree that I don’t think he will go and I think part of this is to get a new contract but regarding being a club seriously vying for trophies, we have ****ed up our biggest ever opportunity to do that so it’s already a joke.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So we've gone from this in April and May:

"I’m not convinced that defensively he’s as brill as many of our lot make out."

"he’s been shown by more than one sprightly striker, to turn about as quickly as an aircraft carrier. And he’s also not fantastic in the air for a tall bloke."

"Too many people (including our own fans) have banged on about how goodMaguire is too quickly. He’s slow and isn’t brilliant in the air."

"For all the love forMaguire , we concede too many goals down the middle"

To being our best player an future England Captain. That's some going by Harry.

Drops mic

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Typical Babylon hyperbole, written for effect.

I pointed out his limitations and his rawness. And said when he hadn’t played particularly well. That’s not ‘slagging’ off a player you tool.

I’d be gutted if he goes even though I was perhaps his harshest critic last season. 

Apparently it’s sacrilege to call out a popular player having a poor game. Just look at Man City away last season. Got ran ragged. But a couple of goals and a few forward surges and his primary job gets overlooked. 

Hopefully he stays and starts playing how most people thought he played in every game last season. 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d be gutted if he goes even though I was perhaps his harshest critic last season. 

Apparently it’s sacrilege to call out a popular player having a poor game. Just look at Man City away last season. Got ran ragged. But a couple of goals and a few forward surges and his primary job gets overlooked. 

Hopefully he stays and starts playing how most people thought he played in every game last season. 

I have no problem people pointing out his issues, I've done it myself just today. But then I didn't go from saying he's not as good as everyone makes out, to saying he's our best player and future England captain.

Guest Col city fan
37 minutes ago, Bert said:

Exactly. I feel perfectly ok and able to point out a player’s limitations whilst still claiming he’s going to go on to become a star. In fact, he has done alreadwill go on to become England’s skipper I think.

Babylon’s posts bore me to fookin tears these days. He’s forever trying to catch people out. I think it’s an illness to be honest. Going back through old threads to make a point is just sad....:D

Edited by Col city fan