Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

I don't want this to sound like I'm slagging off Danny ward, but please remember, since we got 60m for mahrez we have bought Liverpool's 4th choice goalie.

****ing great business to get another 65m for harry. Maybe we could get nile ranger.

It is not good business to sell Harry Maguire. Even for 200m as nobody will want to join us cos we're selling our best players.

We will be remembered for our premier league win, not for making enough money to have the same size bank balance as ****ing Burnley have due to them not spending any of the tv money since they got promoted.

Grandson, let me tell you about the year we won the premier league and our adventures in the champions league. Ok old man, but if I let you can you tell me about how much money Burnley had and all the players they sold who then went to teams that challenged for silverware.

Get a grip people. Oi slabhead, loves ya but you signed a big contract. We'll increase it and let you move on but not until you have helped us move forward.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Honestly, he’s a very good player and no doubt one of the best ball playing centre backs in the league but you can’t argue that he hasn’t had his troubles last season. Whether that’s been because he has been next to Wes is yet to be seen but I think the more reasonable amoungst us will recognise that that next season we won’t get anywhere near the price that we could now.

As for replacing him with someone with his ability it depends really doesn’t it. If it’s on defensive ability he is replaceable for me, Vida for one looked fantastic at the World Cup.

If we have anything about us we would have anticipated this and thought of who we could bring in for him should he go.

Big if though seeing as how we havr known mahrez will be leaving for the last 2 years.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Percy says Maguire is "intrigued" at a possible move.

Maguire has liked a tweet saying that Man Utd has approached us.

That's it for concrete stuff so far, read as much or as little into it as possible.

I don’t know which tweet he liked but he could of liked it due to the fact it said leicester have said that he is not for sale?

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I don't want this to sound like I'm slagging off Danny ward, but please remember, since we got 60m for mahrez we have bought Liverpool's 4th choice goalie.

****ing great business to get another 65m for harry. Maybe we could get mile ranger.

We've got some distance to go to get him.

Edited by Max Wall

8 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I don’t know which tweet he liked but he could of liked it due to the fact it said leicester have said that he is not for sale?

He's unliked the tweet now, must have been told off by someone

it was this one

Anything north of 60 million pounds and he can go. His stock is as high as it will ever be. Like I said before, He's a very good footballer but not a very good defender (if that makes sense:dunno: ).

He has his shortcomings but his upside and offensive prowess are in high demand for this era of football. The club will never help increase his value significantly because our platform isn't high enough. We are atm in a period of transition and Puel IIRC said that he's looking to give the youngsters a chance so there bound to be some growing pains.

Add that the fact that we don't have European football so international exposure in such competitions is out of the question.  If he already set his mind to move, I would rather sell him as early as yesterday instead of giving him another year to refine his game and then leave for the same price quoted (if not less) next season.

Honestly it all reeks of agent games to me. New contract under discussion. The new wage offer touted about two weeks ago was 75k, now figures of 100k+ and even 140k are being mentioned. I find that thought rather uncomfortable. Vardy, Mahrez and Kasper absolutely earned their 100k wages. Maguire's performances for us prior to the World Cup would not have justified anything above 80k. He really isn't at that sort of level yet, even his WC performances weren't all that amazing, it's all been mostly the local cult hero and meme effect. Our wage bill is already bursting at the seams and we're struggling to get new players in because of it. An additional 40-60k pw on top of his new contract offer that we might be forced into giving him could pay for that new RW. It's such a shame that Man Utd would be more than willing to give him 140k to sit on their bench.

Guest ttfn

From Maguire’s point of view, why in God’s name would you want to play for Mourinho? 

I feel like we’ve all become immune to the repeated offences Mourinho commits that in any other line of work would have him blacklisted. If I was a professional footballer I’d be doing everything in my power to avoid Mourinho.

If Maguire wants to move to a bigger club he can do so in 12 months’ time and avoid Mourinho who’ll have once more fallen out with everybody.

Without having the staying power to read the whole topic where is there an actual quote saying Maguire wants to go to MU. I've been following this reading various links but not seen anything other than unsubstsbtiated he said stuff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Without having the staying power to read the whole topic where is there an actual quote saying Maguire wants to go to MU. I've been following this reading various links but not seen anything other than unsubstsbtiated he said stuff.

yeah you're right, i think he will go if hes offered it, but the best thing would be for him too stay and thats not being biased, he needs another season or so, talented players have moved to big clubs prematurely and not been ready for it so many times, even tho he has the quality, it has happened a lot.

14 minutes ago, Choppalcfc said:

yeah you're right, i think he will go if hes offered it, but the best thing would be for him too stay and thats not being biased, he needs another season or so, talented players have moved to big clubs prematurely and not been ready for it so many times, even tho he has the quality, it has happened a lot.

I never said he would go?

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

From Maguire’s point of view, why in God’s name would you want to play for Mourinho? 

Thi$ i$ a very valid point and I’m $truggling to $ee and rea$on$ why he would want that.

• Haha 3

I thought what it said in the paper yesterday that we were demanding £80m yesterday is about right, if he goes we can say it was for a record fee so the club doesn't lose face, I think that's why it may have come down to £75m. It's sad to see that it's literally impossible to keep hold of good players if you create them in the premier league, it seems to look more and more difficult to break into that top 6 every year.

We need to keep him for at least another season, last year he looked very good in a back 4 with an over the hill Wes and Simpson - don’t criticise me I love them as much as all of your but they’re well past the level they were when we won the league - and a young left back who seemed to get beaten every time a winger ran at him. With Perrera, Evans and hopefully a much improved Chilwell along with a more settled midfield in front of him I think Slabhead will be immense this coming season then sell him for £100m in 1-2 years time and let him have his dream of champions league football and trophy winning.

Whatever ridiculously high transfer  fee would be considered ‘good business’ I don’t give a shit. It’s not my money, and I don’t think the owners are down to their last billion yet either. And I don’t care if this moment of selling him would be the optimum, and is less, when he eventually does leave.

Maguire may have his limitations, but right now I think he’s essential for us as a club. Not just as a player, but for the disruption it could cause so close to the new season.

And the message sent out by another big player gone would be massive, and contradict the owners constant message of ambition to become a bigger club. I’m sure they won’t let him go at the moment.

Profit received for a player isn’t as big an issue for Leicester now. If we slipped to just a selling club, there could be a lot less money made in The Championship. It seems naive to think that wouldn’t be a possibility. Just remember the year after we won the league, where the impossible could have happened again.

One issue though is with the player. Obviously he’s ambitious and his head has been turned. But he’s not Harry Mahrez I don’t think, and hopefully won’t affect the mood around him in the same way.

So I hope that our owners send this short, but polite message to Man Utd.  **** OFF.

Then Harry heads in the winner first game of the season and we all sing ‘You’re getting sacked in the morning’ with more emotion than normal.

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 3

We absolutely need to keep him.  We spent the last third of the last season bang in relegation form and we are starting this season (so far) with a worse team with less goals in it and certain players even more over the hill than last year. 

It's alright saying selling him for 70 million or so but who do we bring in that wants to come here? We look unambitious as f**k and that will reflect on any potential players we might buy. 

If we are hampered by not being able to pay out any more wages even though we have money to burn in terms of transfers then we should have ripped up the contracts of players we don't need anymore.