Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

If he goes we'll need 2/3 more CBs, we need at least 1 more anyway as I'm totally underwhelm by what I've seen of Evans.

• Like 1

Assume this a tactic to flush Alerweirald out from Spuds.

Maguire doesn’t really fit the Mourinho signing mould, being both English and young. 

Honestly can’t remember the last English player he signed (Ashley Cole?)

I hope we do sell Maguire.

The thing is, even with Maguire in the team (and even if we sign DeBruyne, M'bappe, Iniesta, Messi and Salah)  - as long as Claude Puel is in charge we will still be as dull as ditchwater, and win nothing.

So sell Harry and put aside the fee (+ the Mahrez money + any monies from Ndidi, Schmiechel and Vardy), wait for the inevitable parting-of-the-ways, appoint a proper manager and give him a quarter of a billion transfer fund to kickstart the drive for Premier League dominance.

Seemples!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

The thing is, even with Maguire in the team (and even if we sign DeBruyne, M'bappe, Iniesta, Messi and Salah)  - as long as Claude Puel is in charge we will still be as dull as ditchwater, and win nothing.

So sell Harry and put aside the fee (+ the Mahrez money + any monies from Ndidi, Schmiechel and Vardy), wait for the inevitable parting-of-the-ways, appoint a proper manager and give him a quarter of a billion transfer fund to kickstart the drive for Premier League dominance.

Seemples!

We've been dull since 2016. Love how fans blame puel for us being awful to watch when we were just as bad if not worse before he arrived. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

75m is fine for me, get Vida in to replace him.

75 million is way below what we should be demanding. 75 million VVD base figure and he's as good as him.Plus he was one of the stand out performers at world cup so there should be a world cup premium of let's say 10million, not unrealistic, and he's English so helping them out in the chanpions league so that's should be extra as well, another 10 million not unrealistic.

So that is 95 million as the bast start. I would add on 1 million for every 20 appearances, 250k for every champions league appearance, various more millions for any trophy won in which he played etc and a 50% of any future fee they might get for him should they sell him at any time. So 125 million including add ons is not unrealistic in today's market.

Plus they are the richest club in the world just about so can afford him and I'd personslly stick a premium on the fee just for that.

If Man utd want to talk along these lines then fine otherwise tell them to go away.

Expect we'll sell him for 66million though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

Assume this a tactic to flush Alerweirald out from Spuds.

Maguire doesn’t really fit the Mourinho signing mould, being both English and young. 

Honestly can’t remember the last English player he signed (Ashley Cole?)

According to some on here he's McGuire.. Obviously of Scottish ancestry! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I don't want this to sound like I'm slagging off Danny ward, but please remember, since we got 60m for mahrez we have bought Liverpool's 4th choice goalie.

****ing great business to get another 65m for harry. Maybe we could get nile ranger.

It is not good business to sell Harry Maguire. Even for 200m as nobody will want to join us cos we're selling our best players.

We will be remembered for our premier league win, not for making enough money to have the same size bank balance as ****ing Burnley have due to them not spending any of the tv money since they got promoted.

Grandson, let me tell you about the year we won the premier league and our adventures in the champions league. Ok old man, but if I let you can you tell me about how much money Burnley had and all the players they sold who then went to teams that challenged for silverware.

Get a grip people. Oi slabhead, loves ya but you signed a big contract. We'll increase it and let you move on but not until you have helped us move forward.

8 hours ago, Max Wall said:

We've got some distance to go to get him.

I ****ing hate autocorrect (phones and people ?)

Can’t believe anybody on here would like to see him go. Even though he’s only been here a year I was so proud watching him perform for England at the World Cup. Also imagine him being in the box for Maddison’s set pieces. Can see that being a lethal combination 

23 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We've been dull since 2016. Love how fans blame puel for us being awful to watch when we were just as bad if not worse before he arrived. 

100%. I much prefer Puel's bland football than us never having the ball because as soon as we got it it would be booted aimlessly up the pitch. How anyone found that exciting is beyond me.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Seemples!

Surely you mean Championship dominance?

59 minutes ago, davieG said:

If he goes we'll need 2/3 more CBs, we need at least 1 more anyway as I'm totally underwhelm by what I've seen of Evans.

With the exception of perhaps a couple of players I’ve been underwhelmed with all of them. I prefer to make judgement once I’ve seen him in the first team line up and in a competitive game or two.

3 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

With the exception of perhaps a couple of players I’ve been underwhelmed with all of them. I prefer to make judgement once I’ve seen him in the first team line up and in a competitive game or two.

Most of them have at least looked keen yes even Morgan but Evans looks totally disinterested, slow in mind and body. Yeah he may change once we start the real stuff but if he doesn't then it's probably too late. Besides it's not just that a starting 2 of Evans & Morgan, I prefer Morgan based on current performances is frightening and will need avoiding at all costs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Has he been immense though? 

Admittedly, he has been at fault on more than one occasion but I wouldn't hesitate to say that he is the best CB on our books and I don't think that we would be able to replace him with equal or better quality if he was sold. He was voted player of the year for a reason and if you want to turn around and say "Well that was only because everyone else was so bad", then if anything he deserves the plaudits he's getting for being able to come into a struggling team and still look like a decent player. He still has a ways to go of course but I think he has time on his side. Decision-making and defensive positioning is something that can be improved on through experience, the footballing attributes he has just can't though. Morgan, (as good as he has been for us) would just never develop into a player that can shift the ball around like Maguire can. Moreover, if Maguire was surrounded with more quality then obviously that would also make him look better.

Practically speaking, what's the point of selling him and trying to find a similar replacement? What then, the replacement CB has a decent season and he's off the following transfer window? And that would be if we were lucky, we would most likely get someone that was pants or a player that ends up spending the season out injured/signed 14 seconds too late. Hopefully he can form a better partnership with Evans this season and if we have a midfield which doesn't change every few weeks then that should help as well with regards to the protection in front of them. 

• Like 1

God, its amazing how utterly desperate the media are for Maguire to leave Leicester. Woe betide one of England's stars of the World Cup plays for "lil' old Leicester City." They just cannot stand it.

World Cup hype + English premium + need to feed the Man Utd fandom = insufferable coverage of this speculation

Edited by Footballwipe

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

God, its amazing how utterly desperate the media are for Maguire to leave Leicester. Woe betide one of England's stars of the World Cup plays for "lil' old Leicester City." They just cannot stand it.

World Cup hype + English premium + need to feed the Man Utd fandom = insufferable coverage of this speculation

Or, they just need to cook up a story because on the whole, it's been a pretty shite window?

Does anyone on here seriously have faith in our DoF and Recruitment Team being able to replace him within the balance of this window? 

If we do capitulate and sell, and then go with Wes, Benny and Evans, we cannot feel sorry for ourselves if come next January, we will require another great escape.   This is all about taking another stand and holding players to contracts.   

1 hour ago, reynard said:

75 million is way below what we should be demanding. 75 million VVD base figure and he's as good as him.Plus he was one of the stand out performers at world cup so there should be a world cup premium of let's say 10million, not unrealistic, and he's English so helping them out in the chanpions league so that's should be extra as well, another 10 million not unrealistic.

So that is 95 million as the bast start. I would add on 1 million for every 20 appearances, 250k for every champions league appearance, various more millions for any trophy won in which he played etc and a 50% of any future fee they might get for him should they sell him at any time. So 125 million including add ons is not unrealistic in today's market.

Plus they are the richest club in the world just about so can afford him and I'd personslly stick a premium on the fee just for that.

If Man utd want to talk along these lines then fine otherwise tell them to go away.

Expect we'll sell him for 66million though

The problem is he won’t be here long term unfortunately unless we start signing names and showing major ambition (beyond the already significantly ambitious moves we’ve made) we won’t retain players that teams like Man Utd want. We’re doing a lot of good already in terms of ambition, but I think we always need to show more.

• Like 1

Sell him while his stocks high he had a half decent World Cup but he hardly came up against the worlds best and he was part of a defence that conceded a goal against Panama! Harry is great at bringing the ball out of defence and a huge threat from set pieces but I don’t think he’s a great defender if he stays he’ll have an average season and be worth about £20m next summer.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Does anyone on here seriously have faith in our DoF and Recruitment Team being able to replace him within the balance of this window? 

If we do capitulate and sell, and then go with Wes, Benny and Evans, we cannot feel sorry for ourselves if come next January, we will require another great escape.   This is all about taking another stand and holding players to contracts.   

Any team would have problems replacing top rated players at this stage of the transfer window, Mourinho's having problems recruiting for Man U that's why he's after Maguire thinking he can get him cheap compared to Alderweireld.

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Any team would have problems replacing top rated players at this stage of the transfer window, Mourinho's having problems recruiting for Man U that's why he's after Maguire thinking he can get him cheap compared to Alderweireld.

Doens't the European window close later than ours now, abroad is your best bet really as they will have more time to get replacements in.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Doens't the European window close later than ours now, abroad is your best bet really as they will have more time to get replacements in.

Yes I think it does but I thought that was only one way as in they can buy from us but we can't buy from them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Still does not change my opinion. Sell and we are creating our own destiny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oadby.fox said:

Admittedly, he has been at fault on more than one occasion but I wouldn't hesitate to say that he is the best CB on our books and I don't think that we would be able to replace him with equal or better quality if he was sold. He was voted player of the year for a reason and if you want to turn around and say "Well that was only because everyone else was so bad", then if anything he deserves the plaudits he's getting for being able to come into a struggling team and still look like a decent player. He still has a ways to go of course but I think he has time on his side. Decision-making and defensive positioning is something that can be improved on through experience, the footballing attributes he has just can't though. Morgan, (as good as he has been for us) would just never develop into a player that can shift the ball around like Maguire can. Moreover, if Maguire was surrounded with more quality then obviously that would also make him look better.

Practically speaking, what's the point of selling him and trying to find a similar replacement? What then, the replacement CB has a decent season and he's off the following transfer window? And that would be if we were lucky, we would most likely get someone that was pants or a player that ends up spending the season out injured/signed 14 seconds too late. Hopefully he can form a better partnership with Evans this season and if we have a midfield which doesn't change every few weeks then that should help as well with regards to the protection in front of them. 

I agree with all of that but has he been immense?