Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

50 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I wish I could tell you that Leicester fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that.

I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really... Get busy living, or get busy being relegated. 

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

£75m is also small change when considering the value of Premier League TV rights, positional prize money and further future windfalls if we made European qualification.

I'm sorry but in no uncertain terms is £75m 'small change'. I agree we'd send out a negative message by selling Maguire but that'd soon disappear if we got a world record fee for a centre-back. Let that thought sink in.

Is Maguire the difference between us finishing Top 4 or not right now? No. We have to be realistic, everyone has a price and we will never be in a position as a club to reject a record offer.

• Like 1

People can criticize Puel all day long for his management style and 'boring persona' ( and I have been one of them..) but I actually think if there is one type of player that could really grow and develop under Puel. it would be a ball playing CB.

So Maquire had a great world cup. In a back 3. We look like we might be heading in that direction.. so if there is a manager who can turn ' a few good games' into 'regular high quality' for a ball playing CB in a back 3  I think it could  be Puel..

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

I'm sorry but in no uncertain terms is £75m 'small change'. I agree we'd send out a negative message by selling Maguire but that'd soon disappear if we got a world record fee for a centre-back. Let that thought sink in.

Is Maguire the difference between us finishing Top 4 or not right now? No. We have to be realistic, everyone has a price and we will never be in a position as a club to reject a record offer.

1.) The £75 million will be structured so has less ‘immediate value’.

2.) The cost of finding a replacement and placating further squad members uneasy with the departure through contract negotiations could negate a lot of the perceived financial benefits.

3.) Staying in the Premier League is worth at least £100 million - disrupting the clubs preparations for the season in this way would put this at greater risk.  

The financial upsides of a ‘bumper fee’ should not be viewed without considering other concequences. 

7 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

1.) The £75 million will be structured so has less ‘immediate value’.

2.) The cost of finding a replacement and placating further squad members uneasy with the departure through contract negotiations could negate a lot of the perceived financial benefits.

3.) Staying in the Premier League is worth at least £100 million - disrupting the clubs preparations for the season in this way would put this at greater risk.  

The financial upsides of a ‘bumper fee’ should not be viewed without considering other concequences. 

Well we could make a case that every transfer has less value than the overall total because of the 'immediate value' of the deal. Football clubs can sign replacement players and have targets based on potential players leaving (or should have) - just because our transfers over the past year or two have largely been underwhelming it's no reason to turn down a massive offer.

I think we've all go rose tinted spectacles on after the World Cup. Maguire is a good defender but what makes him stand out are his ball-playing skills (particularly appealing for the big clubs) but he switched off plenty of times last season. His market value is at its peak right now based on the current market (i.e. what we could go out shopping with). He's a good player with the ability to be excellent, possibly world class (who knows).

But there's also nothing to suggest the players would be uneasy with his departure. Moves to clubs like United don't come along very often whether we want it to happen or not and 99% of our squad would jump at the same chance. I guess its hard to look objectively when its so emotive but that's the reality.

Just like he's not the difference between us finishing in the Top 4 or not, I don't think Maguire is the difference between relegation or not (I think someone like Vardy is to us). £75m is serious cash and a world record fee for LCFC is insane. Genuinely, I can't believe I've written that.

For what it's worth, I think he'll stick around. I'm not big on betting but I've stuck £50 on him staying @ 6/5, though reading my post back I'm now doubting why he'd stay!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

he ultimately went for 60 million, we only delayed getting our pants pulled down, we may as well have stopped and took the bumming. I wish I could tell you that Leicester fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that.

Nobody knows how much we got for him and what future bonuses we may get as it was not disclosed, so I wouldn't presume that we had our pants pulled down. Your quote of 60m is best guess media talk. There was slso talk of 69 + bonusus elsewhere for a while. Our owners refused the sale initially, one reason being that if sold, halfway through a season, we wouldn't be able to replace him at that time, so tough titty Man City. These were not the actions of a club having their pants pulled down.

Man City have made big noises in recent months about not paying 'through the nose' big fees anymore so, if Marhez was sold for an extortionate fee, there's a good chance that they wouldn't want it to be made public knowledge. The point is ... nobody knows apart from both parties concerned which is good business, they don't lose face and our competitors don't know how much we have to spend.

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Nobody knows how much we got for him and what future bonuses we may get as it was not disclosed, so I wouldn't presume that we had our pants pulled down. Your quote of 60m is best guess media talk. There was slso talk of 69 + bonusus elsewhere for a while. Our owners refused the sale initially, one reason being that if sold, halfway through a season, we wouldn't be able to replace him at that time, so tough titty Man City. These were not the actions of a club having their pants pulled down.

Man City have made big noises in recent months about not paying 'through the nose' big fees anymore so, if Marhez was sold for an extortionate fee, there's a good chance that they wouldn't want it to be made public knowledge. The point is ... nobody knows apart from both parties concerned which is good business, they don't lose face and our competitors don't know how much we have to spend.

15mill went to the club we got him from.

49 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

saying we would be relegated without maguire is OTT we did play 3 seasons with out him you know

Does it matter? The posters saying that have already told us we are relegated because we've sold the greatest player that Leicester have ever had.

I think we'll finish top 7. Am I mad?

Popular bookmakers BETVICTOR have installed Leicester City as the 3/1 favourites in the race to sign Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof this summer.

Whilst there have not been any reports linking the Swede with a switch to the King Power Stadium, United's alleged interest in signing Harry Maguire has surely influenced BETVICTOR into making the Foxes favourites for the centre-back's signature.

According to a report from the Daily Mail, the Red Devils are weighing up a £65 million bid for Leicester's Maguire, but the Foxes are keen to keep hold of the England international.

If United were to offer the east Midlands outfit the services of Lindelof plus cash for the 25-year-old, however, Claude Puel might just be interested in doing business.

The Sweden international moved to Old Trafford from Benfica in the summer of 2017, for a fee believed to be worth in the region of £31 million, but he struggled to establish himself as a first-team regular for Jose Mourinho's side.

That doesn't mean to say that he hasn't still got a lot to offer at the very highest level, though.

Lindelof would be a solid acquisition for Leicester, and his arrival at the King Power Stadium would more than help soften the blow of Maguire's exit.

Whether Mourinho would be prepared to give up on the 24-year-old so soon after signing him, though, remains to be seen.

So a Man Utd reject would be seen as solid acquisition for lttle old LCFC to compensate for losing Maguire.

We certainly know our place..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Does it matter? The posters saying that have already told us we are relegated because we've sold the greatest player that Leicester have ever had.

No. Pessimistic. We’ll do better than 7th

13 minutes ago, FIF said:

Completely f**king nuts, but I love you all the same. Keep it up FIF.