Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Not reading too much into it. A very clever tweet, non committal to any team. His agent has probably advised that as if he is getting new contract and hash tagging lcfc the it shows he is happy etc. This looks neutral and therefore can keep asking for more money where as new season #lcfc says I’m staying and therefore he doesn’t need a new contract or one with a huge rise as he appears happy. I could of course be talking rubbish but just a thought! :dunno:

Personally hope he signs a new contract ASAP. Only 13 days to hold onto him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Everyone gets at least 15% sellon when selling to us. Why didnt we put one on Kramaric or Kante.

Because Rudkin hasn't got a clue what he is doing and wouldn't know what a sell on clause is.

• Like 1

Man Utd transfer news: Harry Maguire deal must break Liverpool record - Sky Sports man
MANCHESTER UNITED will have to pay more than the £70m Liverpool did for Virgil van Dijk to secure the signing of Harry Maguire.

By Luke Gardener / Published 28th July 2018

That’s the opinion of Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett who has had his say on the Red Devils approach.

Maguire impressed for England at the World Cup this summer, alerting Jose Mourinho to his talents.

And the United boss is ready to test Leicester on the centre-back before the transfer window closes on Thursday, August 9.

“Huge, absolutely huge,” Dorsett said of a potential deal on Sky Sports News.

Man Utd transfer news: How Leicester defender Harry Maguire could fit in at Old Trafford

Rob Dorsett, Sky Sports reporter
"It could be one of the biggest of the window. Let’s put it into context. John Stones, £50m. Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, £70m.

“So if it went through at £65m, which I don’t think Leicester are interested and categorically they’ve told us they’re not, that would put him as the second highest defender of all time.

“Let’s put it in stark terms: if Manchester United want Harry Maguire, they’re going to have to break the world record.

“They’re going to have to play more for a central defender than has ever been paid before.

“They’re going to have to go more than the £70m that Liverpool paid for Virgil van Dijk.

Liverpool signed Virgil Van Dijk from Southampton for a record £75m
“It’s huge. It could be a massive, massive deal.

“But let’s put it into context, Leicester at the moment, categorically, ‘he’s going nowhere, we don’t need the money, four years on the deal, we don’t want to sell’.”

United start their Premier League campaign against Leicester on Friday, August 10.

Guest Markyblue

Sky talking about pickford to Chelsea. He's on a 4 year contract. He's already at an ambitious team .the owner is a billionaire.they don't need to sell.= he's not moving. Maguire to man Utd same scenario =He's going. Sky sports are t....ers.

42 minutes ago, davieG said:

Man Utd transfer news: Harry Maguire deal must break Liverpool record - Sky Sports man
MANCHESTER UNITED will have to pay more than the £70m Liverpool did for Virgil van Dijk to secure the signing of Harry Maguire.

By Luke Gardener / Published 28th July 2018

That’s the opinion of Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett who has had his say on the Red Devils approach.

Maguire impressed for England at the World Cup this summer, alerting Jose Mourinho to his talents.

And the United boss is ready to test Leicester on the centre-back before the transfer window closes on Thursday, August 9.

“Huge, absolutely huge,” Dorsett said of a potential deal on Sky Sports News.

Man Utd transfer news: How Leicester defender Harry Maguire could fit in at Old Trafford

Rob Dorsett, Sky Sports reporter
"It could be one of the biggest of the window. Let’s put it into context. John Stones, £50m. Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, £70m.

“So if it went through at £65m, which I don’t think Leicester are interested and categorically they’ve told us they’re not, that would put him as the second highest defender of all time.

“Let’s put it in stark terms: if Manchester United want Harry Maguire, they’re going to have to break the world record.

“They’re going to have to play more for a central defender than has ever been paid before.

“They’re going to have to go more than the £70m that Liverpool paid for Virgil van Dijk.

Liverpool signed Virgil Van Dijk from Southampton for a record £75m
“It’s huge. It could be a massive, massive deal.

“But let’s put it into context, Leicester at the moment, categorically, ‘he’s going nowhere, we don’t need the money, four years on the deal, we don’t want to sell’.”

United start their Premier League campaign against Leicester on Friday, August 10.

Dorsett also saying Maguire wants to go...

We need centre half’s ? We should be adding ?

Why sell our best players a week before the deadline? 

Media darling, keep him to piss them off? 

Sky won’t be happy until we’re relegated.. We are painted as a freak . A nothing club ?  

Wolves ffs painted more ambitious than us? 

:jawdrop:

Sky are relentless.... no quotes , no envidence. 

Edited by crisp packet

If i’m maguire’s agent then even if I’m told he won’t be sold and will be offered a new deal, I’m leaking stuff about him wanting to go to Man U. (Or whoever )

just helps a little bit on the negotiations - U lot need to take things in a little more relaxed fashion. Most of what you read is made up or posturing (from both sides I might add - we may have a figure we are prepared to sell at with a replacement in place) - harry is good but he isn’t bobby Moore !

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Sky talking about pickford to Chelsea. He's on a 4 year contract. He's already at an ambitious team .the owner is a billionaire.they don't need to sell.= he's not moving. Maguire to man Utd same scenario =He's going. Sky sports are t....ers.

Everton had Stones and Lukaku who they didn't want to sell, both went eventually as will Pickford if the price and interest is real.

IF we have identified a suitable, high quality replacement that would be here in time, I'd let him go for £75 million minimum. He's good but not as great as people make out. The downside would be that some would see it as a negative statement about our intentions. But if he is determined to go (don't know about that) then better to checkout with a big sum and a high quality replacement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

We need centre half’s ? We should be adding ?

Why sell our best players a week before the deadline? 

Media darling, keep him to piss them off? 

Sky won’t be happy until we’re relegated.. We are painted as a freak . A nothing club ?  

Wolves ffs painted more ambitious than us? 

:jawdrop:

Sky are relentless.... no quotes , no envidence. 

Wolves don't have a player that the big clubs are prepared to pay serious money for.

The reality is £60m+ players don't want to spend the best years of their career at Leicester. This isn't a bad thing, If we could squeeze £80m out of Man Utd we still have a pick of fine centre halves around the world to replace him. Only four teams conceded more goals than us last year in the PL, Maguire is a fine player but that's great business for us.

If we were playing in the Europa league, I think we would have a chance to keep Maguire for another season, but he proved this season gone by and the WC, that he wants to test himself, I wouldn't begrudge him with a move to Manchester United provided we get the money.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Wolves don't have a player that the big clubs are prepared to pay serious money for.

The reality is £60m+ players don't want to spend the best years of their career at Leicester. This isn't a bad thing, If we could squeeze £80m out of Man Utd we still have a pick of fine centre halves around the world to replace him. Only four teams conceded more goals than us last year in the PL, Maguire is a fine player but that's great business for us.

Why would they want to come to Leicester? I think the likes of Mawson and Lascelles will be on our radar.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

If we were playing in the Europa league, I think we would have a chance to keep Maguire for another season, but he proved this season gone by and the WC, that he wants to test himself, I wouldn't begrudge him with a move to Manchester United provided we get the money.

Why would they want to come to Leicester? I think the likes of Mawson and Lascelles will be on our radar.

When I said "fine centre halves" I wasn't talking about Ramos but more like the lad from Getafe or any centre half in an inferior league or an average team in a big league. There aren't many players in world football who wouldn't jump at the chance of signing for Leicester.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

To be playing week in week out in the prem earning bigger salary than they can where they currently are ??

the ‘best’ in Europe won’t come here but the level below certainly would. I would prefer a Lacelles or mawson if we could get either - evans can help them mature further. 

• Like 1