Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

I honestly feel that he is not quite ready for one of the 'bigger' clubs.

He has been quality for us but he has made a few mistakes, they go a under the radar here in the media but were he at one of the Manchester clubs or Arsenal they would definitely have been picked up on.

He's 25, I think one possibly two more seasons here would be best for him, and that is not me being biased, I don't think anyway.

• Like 3

Can't see us selling 2 key players in the same transfer window (assuming Mahrez goes)

The owners aren't daft, they will have seen what can happen to an 'established' club when they sell one or two too many players down at Southampton.

Same goes for Ndidi.

• 2 weeks later...

Why was the announcement “Maguire delighted with double swoop” posted on LCFC.COM and then removed within seconds? (Didn’t even get a chance to load it properly before it disappeared)

Edited by SheppyFox

31 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Why was the announcement “Maguire delighted with double swoop” posted on LCFC.COM and then removed within seconds? (Didn’t even get a chance to load it properly before it disappeared)

Maybe it said something that could be misinterpreted or clumsily put 

43 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Awards ceremony? I think they meant clean sweep or double award? 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I do love Maguire, but if someone is prepared to pay £50/60m, we must be tempted to talk.

image.png.f6bbab3b99e324166a00b25e5bdc3a26.png

We'd be foolish to even contemplate talking before the WC, his value will be much higher afterwards unless he has some utter clangers.

If we sell Maguire we are buggered unless we can get top notch replacements. Huth gone, Morgan and Simpson on the slide!. it looks like we will have to find at least two or three class defenders at once. we should be looking to bring them in now. it needs to be a priority!.

29 minutes ago, Beechey said:

We'd be foolish to even contemplate talking before the WC, his value will be much higher afterwards unless he has some utter clangers.

Win win then. Either an inflated price or we keep him.

Personally though if he is to go rather now than later. Finding one CB could be hard but to find a pair. Nahjhh fvck it he stays.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

We should be building around Maguire, Ndidi, Vardy and Ihenacho, sod selling any of them.

Not that easy, everyone has a price, Neymar, Coutinho, even clubs like Barc and Liverpool had no choice in the end. 

Everyone is a selling club, maybe with the exception Real Madrid or Manchester City.

If Man City really want him he will go, they didn't want Mahrez enough to pay our asking price, but maybe they will with Maguire.

Some great memories throughout the season. Does anything beat this? ?? Enjoy your summer ☀️ #LCFC pic.twitter.com/9Tu8MRH…
3 days ago · Twitter
Extremely proud and fortunate to have played every minute of every game this season. Fingers crossed for the same next year. ???

Certainly doesn't seem to be thinking of moving elsewhere at the moment. I think a reason he joined us was the fact he would be pretty much a guaranteed starter each week. That has undoubtedly helped him get into the England squad. 

He is 25, got a contract here until 2022 and we have no pressure to sell due to how financially stable we are now. 

I'm pretty confident he will still be with us next season. I think he is destined for a big move eventually but not this summer. 

21 minutes ago, STUHILL said:
Some great memories throughout the season. Does anything beat this? ?? Enjoy your summer ☀️ #LCFC pic.twitter.com/9Tu8MRH…
3 days ago · Twitter
Extremely proud and fortunate to have played every minute of every game this season. Fingers crossed for the same next year. ???

Certainly doesn't seem to be thinking of moving elsewhere at the moment. I think a reason he joined us was the fact he would be pretty much a guaranteed starter each week. That has undoubtedly helped him get into the England squad. 

He is 25, got a contract here until 2022 and we have no pressure to sell due to how financially stable we are now. 

I'm pretty confident he will still be with us next season. I think he is destined for a big move eventually but not this summer. 

Its been a mutually beneficial relationship.  Also, he knows the owners wont let him out after the epic failure of the hashtag Free Mehrez movement :ph34r:

Love having players stuck with us against their will lol

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

yeah but £50m-£60m is a great deal, admittedly not sure if I trust we could replace him adequately. 

He will probably be worth twice that if he continues to develop. Only just 25 and already could be starting for England this summer in a World Cup

We don't need the money, especially with the impending windfall of Mahrez's sale. He isn't making any noise about leaving, so why sell? 

Keep him and sign someone who he can build a solid CB partnership with next season. 

• Like 2