Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If we were playing in the Europa league, I think we would have a chance to keep Maguire for another season, but he proved this season gone by and the WC, that he wants to test himself, I wouldn't begrudge him with a move to Manchester United provided we get the money.

Why would they want to come to Leicester? I think the likes of Mawson and Lascelles will be on our radar.

Money and the chance to use us as a stepping stone to a 'bigger' PL team ala Mahrez and soon to be Maguire. It's there too see. (+Kante)

• Like 3

Just now, davieG said:

Money and the chance to use us as a stepping stone to a 'bigger' PL team ala Mahrez and soon to be Maguire. It's there too see.

Mawson and Lascelles will be thinking that for sure.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Money and the chance to use us as a stepping stone to a 'bigger' PL team ala Mahrez and soon to be Maguire. It's there too see.

Was just thinking this, its a good signal for incoming players knowing that they could be scooped up by top team once proven here... overtime we will have better quality players anyway

4 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

If this guy goes I want to see Musa Mendy and Slimani out the door asap too. Its ok selling your best players but get rid of the crap whilst you’re at it too. 

I guess it’s because no one wants to pay what we need to get to minimise our losses ....... it’s easy to sell players that people want - funnily enough !

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Dorsett also saying Maguire wants to go...

And so what. He has 4 years on his contract. We have several players we want out of the door and they too have contracts.   Just tell them to go do one.  Why is it Manchester Clubs try to fvck our seasons?

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

And so what. He has 4 years on his contract. We have several players we want out of the door and they too have contracts.   Just tell them to go do one.  Why is it Manchester Clubs try to fvck our seasons?

Because in order to stay competitive, they're desperate to apply the Bayern Munich business model:

Accumulate as much big names and talent from clubs in the same league (or from abroad) as you can in order to weaken your opposition.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Losing Maguire with an adequate replacement is fine. Losing him without is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Get the next man in before we sell. Otherwise, don't sell.

We are still after another CB anyway so you can imagine the melt down if we get one ....    He’s off !!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Losing Maguire with an adequate replacement is fine. Losing him without is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Get the next man in before we sell. Otherwise, don't sell.

Yeah like we did with Danny Benchwarmer?  But a sound strategy until you add in the Rudkin/Recruitment Team factor.

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

its business not personal

Just now, st albans fox said:

Depends on the quality of who we buy ..... third choice CB or starter ???

We’ve got plenty of third choices ...   Morgan, Elder, Johnson, Fuchs, Amartey, Knight ....   no, we need quality then we can maybe go 3 at the back ...    Drag was the one that got away ...    would have been ideal.

• Like 1

If we are looking for a real top class youngster who is going to be a star, we should look at 20 year old Chris Mepham at Brentford. Bournemouth offered £10 million last month but were turned down. If Maguire goes, getting him in and a more established CB could be possible with change too.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

9 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

He’s not going anywhere, in John Regan I trust... :thumbup::scarf:

I have never heard of this Regan fellah, but I hope your trust in him pays off.

• Like 1

Man Utd transfer news: Harry Maguire source responds to Old Trafford claims
HARRY MAGUIRE’s potential move to Manchester United has continued to gather pace but reports of the Leicester star wanting to join the Red Devils are wide of the mark, according to sources close to the defender.
By STUART BALLARD
PUBLISHED: 12:14, Sat, Jul 28, 2018 | UPDATED: 12:24, Sat, Jul 28, 2018

Maguire has emerged as Manchester United’s top summer target after starring for England at the 2018 World Cup.

Jose Mourinho is keen to bolster his centre-back options, but United will reportedly have to stump up close to £80m for Leicester to consider selling him.

Reports emerged last night suggesting Maguire had indicated a desire to move to Old Trafford.

However, the 25-year-old’s representatives have refuted those claims.

Speaking to Express Sport, a source said: “Maguire and his representatives have made no comment so far on wanting to join Manchester United.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Man Utd transfer news: Harry Maguire source responds to Old Trafford claims
HARRY MAGUIRE’s potential move to Manchester United has continued to gather pace but reports of the Leicester star wanting to join the Red Devils are wide of the mark, according to sources close to the defender.
By STUART BALLARD
PUBLISHED: 12:14, Sat, Jul 28, 2018 | UPDATED: 12:24, Sat, Jul 28, 2018

Maguire has emerged as Manchester United’s top summer target after starring for England at the 2018 World Cup.

Jose Mourinho is keen to bolster his centre-back options, but United will reportedly have to stump up close to £80m for Leicester to consider selling him.

Reports emerged last night suggesting Maguire had indicated a desire to move to Old Trafford.

However, the 25-year-old’s representatives have refuted those claims.

Speaking to Express Sport, a source said: “Maguire and his representatives have made no comment so far on wanting to join Manchester United.”

You mean the reports that he wants to leave are wrong and probably a load of codswallop :o ...     who’d have thought ....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You mean the reports that he wants to leave are wrong and probably a load of codswallop :o ...     who’d have thought ....

I did ask the other day on here if anyone had a link to where he was quoted as saying he was interested but nothing came of it.

Daily Mail had this headline

Harry Maguire is convinced he will move to Old Trafford in the next two weeks, but Manchester United's defenders are reluctant to make way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psychonaut said:

If this guy goes I want to see Musa Mendy and Slimani out the door asap too. Its ok selling your best players but get rid of the crap whilst you’re at it too. 

BOGOF