Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I'm sure plenty of Southampton fans said similar when Liverpool raided them for several players and look what happened to them.

The money as we've shown is no guarantee to further success.

VVD did a the original  Mahrez and refused to play for Southampton, claiming he was injured but miraculously OK we transferred to Liverpool.

We don't what a player who does not want to be here, we want players who want to commit to us long term

1 minute ago, KJT said:

VVD did a the original  Mahrez and refused to play for Southampton, claiming he was injured but miraculously OK we transferred to Liverpool.

We don't what a player who does not want to be here, we want players who want to commit to us long term

Er.. I thought Maguire signed a 5-year Contract last summer. Is that NOT committing long-term to LCFC?  Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Er.. I thought Maguire signed a 5-year Contract last summer. Is that NOT committing long-term to LCFC?  Or am I missing something?

Mahrez signed a new deal?

• Like 1

Just now, KJT said:

You are right that he got a 4 or 5 deal with us, but we want player's who are also committed mentality in the head long term to us and not thinking about other teams

We also want players that are ambitious, hopefully to be satisfied with us. Any decent player will always be looking to better their position as would any working person but those ambitions and desires have to be managed to best serve the interests of the club, especially when those players have committed long term to us. No one's saying it's easy and it never has been but we should at least try or be seen to be trying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm pretty sure man u aren't even after Maguire but are loving the fact that they can unsettle one of our players just before we play them.

Didn't Mourinho slag him off during the WC, he's the past master at it. I see he's currently saying Liverpool should win the league with their signings.

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

For Man City?  I believe he did.

No need to be sarcastic. The fact Maguire signed a 4year deal means nothing apart from the fact we can get more money for him. Like I said, Mahrez signed a contact (my question is was it 4 years) and he's left.

29 minutes ago, KJT said:

You are right that he got a 4 or 5 deal with us, but we want player's who are also committed mentality in the head long term to us and not thinking about other teams

I agree, we should absolutely develop a way to read players minds and anyone who even dares to dream of playing at a higher level should be reprimanded immediately.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KJT said:

And why do you think Harry isnt committed? There has not been 1 report from any of the twitter rumours or press pages, thats a direct quote from the man himself.

The ONLY real post i read which was was based on an interview from the man himself, stated he is happy at Leicester but has ambition. 

I don't see the ambition part as a problem, if he didnt have any, he would most likely have stayed at Hull. All footballers have ambition. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

And why do you think Harry isnt committed? There has not been 1 report from any of the twitter rumours or press pages, thats a direct quote from the man himself.

The ONLY real post i read which was was based on an interview from the man himself, stated he is happy at Leicester but has ambition. 

I don't see the ambition part as a problem, if he didnt have any, he would most likely have stayed at Hull. All footballers have ambition. 

Rob Dorsett on Sky seems to be the initiator of the 'He wants to go to Man U' rumours

SKY SPORTS reporter Rob Dorsett has been told Harry Maguire wants to move to Manchester United.
By JACK WILSON
PUBLISHED: 10:00, Sat, Jul 28, 2018 | UPDATED: 11:35, Sat, Jul 28, 2018  

However, despite Dorsett's claims, sources close to the Leicester defender deny those reports.

United face a serious battle to land Maguire from Leicester and will have to shell out in the region of £80million to get him.

This would be more than the world-record £75m Liverpool spent on prising Virgil van Dijk from Southampton last season. United boss Jose Mourinho is desperate to make Maguire his fourth summer signing after landing Fred, Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant.

And it's Dorsett's understanding that Maguire wants to move to Old Trafford.

Speaking on the Sky Sports Transfer Talk podcast Dorsett explained: "We know he does want to go to Manchester United.

I just simply can’t even if Manchester United come back with a world-record bid

Rob Dorsett

"He does want to go to Old Trafford. That’s been made pretty categorical to me in the last couple of days so you know that plays into the thinking of Leicester a little bit.

“I can’t see them letting him go, I just simply can’t even if Manchester United come back with a world-record bid, more than the £75m Liverpool paid for Van Dijk.

“I think Leicester will say no but what happens then with a potentially unhappy player going forward? Well we wait to see."

But despite United's interest, the Foxes have no intention of selling the England star and still hope he will sign a new deal at the King Power Stadium.

"They don’t need the money. They’re very wealthy owners anyway," Dorsett said.

“They’re nowhere near Financial Fair Play. They’ve got cash to spend. They don’t want money in for him, they want to keep the stars.

“The difficulty Leicester have is in attracting players."

• Like 1

Rob Dorsett is talking out his ar*e I highly doubt Maguire’s been getting off his nut in  Ocean Beach whilst whatsapping Dorsett telling him it’s his dream to play for a miserable Portuguese has been

Edited by Mehrez
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

Rob Dorsett on Sky seems to be the initiator of the 'He wants to go to Man U' rumours

It's... it's almost as if Sky were fabricating a report they know has very little mileage in it in order to get people to place bets on an outcome they know isn't particularly likely to happen. If only there was some way they could turn that to their advantage...

In related news, Mourinho himself said in an interview after the Liverpool game (source) that he thinks he's only likely to get one of his targets before the end of the window. If the players mentioned are accurate, I can't see Maguire being the one he goes for. Varane would be a no-brainer if Madrid are willing to sell, and would probably cost around the same as Maguire - if Madrid are going to make a push for Neymar this window (and there's no way they're letting Ronaldo go without replacing him with a huge name), they may need to offset some of that money.

If Varane's not an option, I can still see Aldeweireld being an easier target to chase than Maguire - he's clearly on the outside at Spurs, and although I doubt he'll be flogged on the cheap, I'm pretty sure he's going to cost a lot less than Maguire's being banded about at - I reckon if you threw £35m+ at Spurs, they'd probably at least think about it, and whilst I think Maguire has more upside in the right team (and I certainly don't think that the current Man U side is the right team!), I don't think he's £30m better than Aldeweireld...

Edited by TeePee

Just now, Gerard said:

I don't mind us being a "selling club" when teams have to pay world record fees to get our centre half. The reality is that players coveted for the best part of £80m don't want to play for Leicester when 7th and the outside chance of a cup is a great season.

I'm more than happy to sell Maguire if we make Man Utd's pips squeak and have a replacement in the wings.

Only four clubs conceded more goals than us last season so statistically at least we really wouldn't miss him that much. He also almost pays for that new training ground himself which will see the club prosper for 50+ years.

Well depends on whether you want to be a Southampton or try for something better.

I accept that the more successful we are the more we will have players 'bigger' clubs will want.

My point was about people say £80mill wow lets take the cash ,luverly, jubberly afer all we made £71mill by our short journey in the Champions League so £80mill is not something to get excited about because it's just that money without any thing attached to it.

We all know how difficult it is to find decent quality players and get them to sign for 'little ol Leicester' but we shouldn't make it easy and let people think we can be seduced easily with big money.

Sexy brunette girl holding dollars on a white background â Stock PhotoRyan Gosling

In the interest of balance sorry I couldn't find a suitable gay/transgender images.

Only rumours at this stage but more are indicating hes staying, however if he puts in a transfer request ala Mhrez it could get messy. We dont seem ready for the start of the season eg Maguire/Evans not played together yet, without dashing about looking for Harrys replacement

Im sure he will get an offer of a salary increase but doesnt need contract extension as he already has 4 years on current one. Ithink players should stick to the agreed terms ie Harry has to stay

You just can't keep a player if his heads been turned, so the best you can do is demand a record fee. If the club have this rite they should have spoken to Harry or his agent to confirm his interests, if those are that he wants the move then they should have told him what it would take for him to get that move in this window and that should be £80m and a suitable replacement lined up, no ifs or buts, that way if it doesn't happen Harry will know that's down to United's failures and not ours. 

I think the fans are weary over the Mahrez debacle, do we really want a half hearted player throwing his toys out of the pram? Best just to trust those in charge.

• Like 1