Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Well depends on whether you want to be a Southampton or try for something better.

I accept that the more successful we are the more we will have players 'bigger' clubs will want.

My point was about people say £80mill wow lets take the cash ,luverly, jubberly afer all we made £71mill by our short journey in the Champions League so £80mill is not something to get excited about because it's just that money without any thing attached to it.

We all know how difficult it is to find decent quality players and get them to sign for 'little ol Leicester' but we shouldn't make it easy and let people think we can be seduced easily with big money.

Sexy brunette girl holding dollars on a white background â Stock PhotoRyan Gosling

In the interest of balance sorry I couldn't find a suitable gay/transgender images.

If you have ever played Cock or No Cock you would know that even the top one could have an 8 incher.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If you have ever played Cock or No Cock you would know that even the top one could have an 8 incher.

In which case I've covered the transgender.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Why on earth would anyone what to join this bloke?!?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44995530

Exactly what I came on to post.  He would be very short sighted to go there right now.  Jose would restrict his freedom and throw him under the bus the first time he concedes a goal from bringing it out from the back.

On 27/07/2018 at 18:50, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes mate, if you ever go to turkey pay in that not euro’s 

I thought lira was the old Italian currency? It was about 300 billion million lira to the pound from memory.

Possibly your post has flown completely over my head here. 

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If we can get in a replacement in time before selling then I'd happily take this. He's never worth £60m never mind £80m.

I agree with this caveat. I just think we'd be absolutely robbed (transfer fee AND wages) if we already had the Maguire money in the kitty. Both player and club we had to deal with could play hardball with us and they, not us, will really hold all the aces in that situation.

Edited by Max Wall

6 hours ago, KJT said:

You are right that he got a 4 or 5 deal with us, but we want player's who are also committed mentality in the head long term to us and not thinking about other teams

Those players don't really exist do they?

Some are more loyal than others but a huge wage rise and playing for a top 4 team tends to turn most players heads.

That doesn't mean they will agitate for a move but they'd be inhuman for it not to register with them.

Can someone quote me the bits from Maguire saying he wants to leave, or the bits where any of the journalists cite actual quotations or evidence?  I am lazy and cannot be bothered to read this entire thread but I want to get angry and start panicking so would be most appreciative if someone can give me a valid reason too.  Thanks in advance.  X

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The fact Maguire signed a 4year deal means nothing apart from the fact we can get more money for him. Like I said, Mahrez signed a contact (my question is was it 4 years) and he's left.

We've all followed football long enough to know that statement is absolute fact.

If we want to keep him (and keep him performing well) we have to hope that he wants to stay this season. If he doesn't want to, it's a giant leap of faith to say it won't affect his performance whether that's for a couple of games or all season.

He seems level headed and, if he's still with us in two weeks, we have to hope that's what he wanted all along.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Can someone quote me the bits from Maguire saying he wants to leave, or the bits where any of the journalists cite actual quotations or evidence?  I am lazy and cannot be bothered to read this entire thread but I want to get angry and start panicking so would be most appreciative if someone can give me a valid reason too.  Thanks in advance.  X

No quotes available as you well know grumble ....    even the papers now say Jose thinks he is unlikely to get him ...    :thumbup:

Just now, Countryfox said:

No quotes available as you well know grumble ....    even the papers now say Jose thinks he is unlikely to get him ...    :thumbup:

God damn it, I just sharpened my pitchfork specially and been cultivating some mouth foam for a good half hour.  X

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

I don't mind us being a "selling club" when teams have to pay world record fees to get our centre half. The reality is that players coveted for the best part of £80m don't want to play for Leicester when 7th and the outside chance of a cup is a great season.

I'm more than happy to sell Maguire if we make Man Utd's pips squeak and have a replacement in the wings.

Only four clubs conceded more goals than us last season so statistically at least we really wouldn't miss him that much. He also almost pays for that new training ground himself which will see the club prosper for 50+ years.

I asked this before (not of you) but don't you think the stance of both the targeted replacement player and their club will change if we sell HM without another player in?

It would be an obscene amount of money for him but I'm just pretty sure we'd have to pay an obscene amount for a replacement. That's my major concern I suppose.

23 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I asked this before (not of you) but don't you think the stance of both the targeted replacement player and their club will change if we sell HM without another player in?

It would be an obscene amount of money for him but I'm just pretty sure we'd have to pay an obscene amount for a replacement. That's my major concern I suppose.

That's why you have to get an agreement in place with a club and the player and then go for your targeted replacement, thats if the club don't mind the risk of having the replacement and then the buying club change their mind or try to play hardball.

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

That's why you have to get an agreement in place with a club and the player and then go for your targeted replacement, thats if the club don't mind the risk of having the replacement and then the buying club change their mind or try to play hardball.

The problem is, the Silva/Drinkwater debacle makes me dubious.