Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

We shouldn't sell this window. With FFP playing a part in our finances, we are sorted this summer after selling Mahrez. If we were to sell Maguire next summer then we're sorted then as well. We all know the club doesnt need the money as such due to our owners, but we do need money to fall in line with FFP and if my understanding is correct, you can't roll money earnt this summer over into buying players next summer. 

Personally think he will shoot himself in the foot going to United. Harry, for all his World Cup heroics is still rather raw. To play at the top level, you can’t make mistakes or get binned almost immediately. If United had a settled centre back they were looking to pair with Harry I would say let him go. However, just looking at their squad, he would most probably go in as head man. I think he needs two maybe three seasons to get to that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He's quite clearly got a proposal through from Suzie the Fox! 

I do not see Harry as being Suzie’s type.  She is more Hispanic than Yorkshirepudding.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Personally think he will shoot himself in the foot going to United. Harry, for all his World Cup heroics is still rather raw. To play at the top level, you can’t make mistakes or get binned almost immediately. If United had a settled centre back they were looking to pair with Harry I would say let him go. However, just looking at their squad, he would most probably go in as head man. I think he needs two maybe three seasons to get to that. 

I don't see your logic in that our decision on whether to let him go or not should be based on how he would fit in there or on the abilities of their players?

We should be trying our utmost to keep our best players and improve our squad. If any of our players are to be sold the deal should be for the maximum benefit for us, not for the buying club/player sold.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I do not see Harry as being Suzie’s type.  She is more Hispanic than Yorkshirepudding.

You really think she's that choosy? Choosy Suzie?

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I thought lira was the old Italian currency? It was about 300 billion million lira to the pound from memory.

Possibly your post has flown completely over my head here. 

Nah they still do use lira, just decided to take all the 0’s off the end. 

• Haha 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6004891/amp/Jose-Mourinho-Manchester-United-boiling-point-transfers.html?__twitter_impression=true

There is no doubt United have the financial power to bid for targets and the inertia that Mourinho perceives has nothing to do with any kind of cash-flow issues. Woodward, though, has taken a stand not to release more money and that has startled his manager.

How Mourinho’s relationship with Woodward pans out remains to be seen but unless something dramatic changes, Mourinho cannot buy unless he sells first.

Edited by brucey

Fully accept that he won't be with us for many more years and personally I think he is capable of bigger and better things, but genuinely right now with Mourinho there United won't be a good move for him. I fully believe Mourinho won't see out the season at United and think if Maguire wants to go there then to wait until next summer! He's improving with us and getting game time.. there are no guarantees of that at United.

Problem for Maguire is this might be his best chance to get a big move, a bad season with us could lead to the interest in him dying.

Maguire is suited to a big club who dominate possession, his lapses in concentration can generally be hidden and ignored because he's so good on the ball.