Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Alongside his strong defensive abilities, he's also got some promise in keeping the ball when even going forward at times.

He's the type of defender you exactly need when the team desperately needs a goal during a set-piece situation, as his aerial ability and general strength is already known now and he can defend 'from the front' as well.

See him as better than both Chris Smalling and Phil Jones, both who are also decent with their physical approaches but are often quite clumsy unlike Maguire imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I don't get it.

Supposed interest from Man Utd.  Manager there slags off player during WC.  Manager also slags off his own club for its transfer failings this pre-season.

Why put yourself in an unsettling position.  Ok, it's Man Utd, but the timing seems all off to me.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel that Mourinho will say something about Maguire/LCFC to use as 'mind games' before the first game meeting.

He'll definitely say something as that's how he operates. Unsettle players/teams before a big game to gain advantage. But at the moment it looks like he's doing it to his own players. That should be enough for Maguire to not even consider Man Utd. Jose has a habit of ruining players and not a good track record with younger players especially. 

Man Utd are a mess at the moment at its been created by Mourinho. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2018 at 10:57, davieG said:

We'll probably find he's never been interested after all he did criticise him at the WC, just using him as means to get Alderweireld cheaper and to disrupt us for the 1st game of the season.

It's a sneaky and underhand tactic. Fits Jose perfectly.

Jose the **** has lost the plot, no way do you go slamming the players pre season saying you wouldn't buy a ticket to watch them. No wonder players like Pogba had a much better world cup and looked so much more relaxed and comfortable on the ball than under him. Reckon Klopp and Pep will run away in a two horse race and he will be sacked this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smr said:

Jose the **** has lost the plot, no way do you go slamming the players pre season saying you wouldn't buy a ticket to watch them. No wonder players like Pogba had a much better world cup and looked so much more relaxed and comfortable on the ball than under him. Reckon Klopp and Pep will run away in a two horse race and he will be sacked this season.

Least it wasnt just me thinking that then, certainly knows how to belittle the young talent coming through at Man Utd with comments like that tbh. 

With how Jose has gone off at times this pre season of be shocked if he's not gone my Xmas, 

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Least it wasnt just me thinking that then, certainly knows how to belittle the young talent coming through at Man Utd with comments like that tbh. 

With how Jose has gone off at times this pre season of be shocked if he's not gone my Xmas, 

You have to wonder if his annoyed with the lack of funding and this is is way of getting the bullet and a massive pay off