Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

What's Slab Head in Spanish? 

"Cabeza de losa", literally. Not sure how that would be understood in Spanish - connotations of tombstone, which could be inappropriate or highly appropriate!

For cultural reasons, though, I reckon they might opt for "Cabeza de toro"....."Bull's head". :D

Let's hope he never goes to Real Madrid so we never find out!

p.s. I comment from a position of some expertise in this field......not in relation to Spanish but in relation to heads.

Last time I bought a cap, they had 5 sizes - S, M, L, XL & XXL I could just about fit into an XXL. Just another reason to love our Harry!

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

"Cabeza de losa", literally. Not sure how that would be understood in Spanish - connotations of tombstone, which could be inappropriate or highly appropriate!

For cultural reasons, though, I reckon they might opt for "Cabeza de toro"....."Bull's head". :D

Let's hope he never goes to Real Madrid so we never find out!

p.s. I comment from a position of some expertise in this field......not in relation to Spanish but in relation to heads.

Last time I bought a cap, they had 5 sizes - S, M, L, XL & XXL I could just about fit into an XXL. Just another reason to love our Harry!

Its all those puns you have stored

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Lets be honest 1 more great season the lad will be at real madrid for 150 million.

or a normal one under more scrutiny and be lucky for 35m next year 

His gonna be doubled up on in the opponents box at corners.

Any goals where he is at fault pace etc, will be given extra coverage (motd etc) because of what has happened this summer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Any goals where he is at fault pace etc, will be given extra coverage (motd etc) because of what has happened this summer.

Give him one more season next to Wes Morgan and Maguire could be finished at this level lol

Edited by les-tah

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Have to say I’m a bit worried about Jose. He’s always been a bit odd, but now.......  I think the guy is on the verge of a full on mental breakdown. 

Good. Absolutely detest the man.

753A67C2-48D3-4121-92B0-FDFA20FD79CF.jpeg

Edited by Kasey Keller
Added photo

22 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Good. Absolutely detest the man.

753A67C2-48D3-4121-92B0-FDFA20FD79CF.jpeg

I don’t like the guy but his obvious mental deterioration is sad to see. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Genuinely think he’s walking the tightrope currently. The Soecial has Gone. 

Edited by ARM1968

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

You have to wonder if his annoyed with the lack of funding and this is is way of getting the bullet and a massive pay off

must like to go rubbish every now and then just to get the massive pay off, thats an easy way for him to get a few million in one fell blow

11 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Least it wasnt just me thinking that then, certainly knows how to belittle the young talent coming through at Man Utd with comments like that tbh. 

With how Jose has gone off at times this pre season of be shocked if he's not gone my Xmas, 

It would be no surprise, especially if the likes of Man City and Liverpool have a march on Man Utd by then.

As ever, results matter, so he will get away with it as long as they are in the hunt. Whether his players keep him in the hunt whilst he's slagging them off is another matter.

He's certainly beginning the season under serious pressure.

47 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

A few might laugh at this but I really liked Mourinho when he first came here. He was a breath of fresh air I thought. It was great to see someone go up against Ferguson (who had been bullying officials, journos and everyone who came across him for years). Jose was full of verve (as were his early Chelsea team) and he was as good with his mouth and mind as Ferguson, if not better.

What has happened to him in the intervening years? He's utterly miserable now, the authority and humour he once had has completely gone. Was it the realisation, whilst at Madrid, that Pep was the new king that did it? Was it all the internal strife at Madrid (always a factor at Real, though he caused lots of problems himself) 

The Man U team weren't great when he took over but he's had time and money and he hasn't really improved them at all. 

Boring, defensive football and, ultimately, not the results you need to keep the fans happy watching boring football.

I don't know if it's the wear and tear of constant battling that has done it or, maybe you are correct, and it's just ageing.

One way or another, you just can't see Man U winning the league under him.

If you'r going to keep slagging off your own players, you have to keep winning trophies to keep the others happy. If you don't, they all turn against you together as we saw happen at Chelsea.

It's dangerous to write off a man like him but he does seem like he's almost finished.

Agree with most of this.  I liked him when he first came, but then I also liked Fergie.  I still like him but a little less.

One thing I can't agree with is the idea that he hasn't improved them.  Yes, they're just as dull as LVG's team but they finished on 81 points last year.  The same as we had when we won the league.  It's only the fact that Man City were out of sight and broke all kinds of records that it seems a little bit of a failure.  They might have won the league another year.

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe, but in that case we would end up keeping him.

Every cloud...

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

Agree with most of this.  I liked him when he first came, but then I also liked Fergie.  I still like him but a little less.

One thing I can't agree with is the idea that he hasn't improved them.  Yes, they're just as dull as LVG's team but they finished on 81 points last year.  The same as we had when we won the league.  It's only the fact that Man City were out of sight and broke all kinds of records that it seems a little bit of a failure.  They might have won the league another year.

Their points total does back up your argument and I know what I'm about to say is full of 'what if's' but, De Gea was brilliant at times and, without him, they'd have had quite a few less points. Liverpool and Spurs really should have overtaken them (yes, I know they didn't). I think they really shithoused quite a few results (a Mourinho speciality in recent years) and I really don't think they'd improved much. It was Jose's shithousing abilities rather than a massive improvement in performances. 

Whilst typing this, I've already come round more to your way of thinking. It's wasn't true to say he hasn't improved them, you're right. I just don't think he's improved them much, That would have been a better way to put it I suppose.

Either way, he has to keep up with the team(s) at the top all the way this season or the fans, his players and probably the board will all lose patience with him quickly.

Edit - Just really noticed I've made 3 Mourinho posts in a Maguire thread. I'll stop there.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1