Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

9 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Don't want to turn this into the Mourinho thread, but he's far clever than many of us can comprehend; his mind games are way ahead of our brains understanding.

This was the case years ago perhaps, but not anymore.

His arrogance has ruined him. Cost him his job at Chelsea and destroying his reputation at Man U. 

He's really starting to crack and it's sad to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

His arrogance has ruined him. Cost him his job at Chelsea and destroying his reputation at Man U. 

It genuinely is saddening to see; how he managed to play press conferences off against other teams to get attention on them and even the way he set up his team's. 

But it is saddening to see him being ruined by his arrogance and ego.

He is one of the main reasons Harry shouldn't go, there's no consistency to the team and everyone is opened up to critiscism. The likes of Pogba and Shaw both 'flopped' under him, so a good chance he'd do the same to Harry

Personally I love Mourinho in terms of football management he’s a genius. As was Ferguson. Who I don’t get the hate for. 

Edit: I do understand why people hated him at times I suppose but not why anyone would dislike the bloke now. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Doubt him at your peril 

Guest MattP
12 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Don't want to turn this into the Mourinho thread, but he's far clever than many of us can comprehend; his mind games are way ahead of our brains understanding.

Was. Not anymore. His mind games have vanished now, he can't get the better of Pep wherever he goes and it appears to be driving him crazy. He doesn't say anything clever or ingenuitive anymore, he just makes excuse after excuse for why his team loses and blames everyone but himself for everything that goes wrong.

Ironically given his hatred for him, he's turned into a bit of an Arsene Wenger, a football dinosaur with no new ideas in the modern game. We are all watching Klopp and Guardiola turn young exciting teams into something we haven't seen before and with him it's just throw money at big names and hope it clicks before realising it doesn't and then resorting to hoofing it up to Felliani and Lukaku.

It's sad to watch.

57 minutes ago, MattP said:

Was. Not anymore. His mind games have vanished now, he can't get the better of Pep wherever he goes and it appears to be driving him crazy. He doesn't say anything clever or ingenuitive anymore, he just makes excuse after excuse for why his team loses and blames everyone but himself for everything that goes wrong.

Ironically given his hatred for him, he's turned into a bit of an Arsene Wenger, a football dinosaur with no new ideas in the modern game. We are all watching Klopp and Guardiola turn young exciting teams into something we haven't seen before and with him it's just throw money at big names and hope it clicks before realising it doesn't and then resorting to hoofing it up to Felliani and Lukaku.

It's sad to watch.

This just proved my point, you’ve fallen hook line and sinker. Takes all the pressure off Man Utd and puts it on himself.

what you’ve got to understand is, whatever he’s saying to the media he’s probably not saying to his players.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This just proved my point, you’ve fallen hook line and sinker. Takes all the pressure off Man Utd and puts it on himself.

what you’ve got to understand is, whatever he’s saying to the media he’s probably not saying to his players.

But no one is falling for it anymore, there is massive pressure at Man Utd - they want a league title from him given the money spent. 

You can see he's hugely feeling it as well.

37 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I would believe this more if this approach hadn't imploded at his last two clubs.  And that leaks weren't coming out of discontent in the Man Utd dressing room, nor the Chelsea and Real Madrid dressing room's before that.

52 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Alas it failed at Real Madrid in his final year, and it failed at Chelsea in his final year. It's a constant cycle. Players only take so much before they've had enough. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Alas it failed at Real Madrid in his final year, and it failed at Chelsea in his final year. It's a constant cycle. Players only take so much before they've had enough. 

Basically the aura of Jose wears off, flakes away and reveals the heaving turd underneath.  Players can see that, smell that. After 3 years he’s just a stinking heap of bullshit. 

Edited by ARM1968

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Correct - he’s obviously saying;

”All look like you hate the game of football, and if the ball comes anywhere near you, hoof it up to Lukaku or Felliani”

Guy is becoming a parody of himself.

Mourinho will be gone by Christmas. He knows he can't compete with City or Liverpool.  He's worried by Spurs and Chelsea and who knows what Arsenal will be like this season without the Wenger cloud hanging over them.  There is real danger of Utd not making the top 4 this season.

All this excuse making, criticising his players and blaming everyone else is just ensuring that his time at Utd comes to a swift conclusion with another huge payout.

He's running out of "top" European clubs to manage. It coukd be a while before we see him again

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Mourinho will be gone by Christmas. He knows he can't compete with City or Liverpool.  He's worried by Spurs and Chelsea and who knows what Arsenal will be like this season without the Wenger cloud hanging over them.  There is real danger of Utd not making the top 4 this season.

All this excuse making, criticising his players and blaming everyone else is just ensuring that his time at Utd comes to a swift conclusion with another huge payout.

He's running out of "top" European clubs to manage. It coukd be a while before we see him again

About time he went over to the MLS or even China. That’s nearer his level now. Maybe they’d swallow his bullshit for a few more years. Europe has seen enough of his miserable and mediocre attempts at mind games now. Funnily enough I picture Gerbold as Jose’s slightly more melancholy twin brother. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Basically the aura of Jose wears off, flakes away and reveals the heaving turd underneath.  Players can see that, smell that. After 3 years he’s just a stinking heap of bullshit.

Fair to assume then, you are not a fan of Mr Mourinho

Just now, treer said:

Fair to assume then, you are not a fan of Mr Mourinho

Not now no. I used to like the guy. He was funny and gave Ferguson the run around. He really has deteriorated though, sadly. It’s like if Spitting Image had done a José pastiche. 

Guest Col city fan

Mourinho has seemed to develop into a completely different man to the one we first saw at Chelsea. The smiles, the jokes, the charging down the touch line, the arms around players etc etc.

He’s become just different. He looks miserable a lot of the time. He makes excuse after excuse. He always wants more to spend. The public slagging of his players was something I can’t recollect he ever did in his early days. He was ‘one of them’ so to speak. Now he seems aloof and ready to criticize at his earliest opportunity. 

‘When once he was a media darling, now he seems to hate the media. He’s got little time for them.

I don’t see this as a charade and as ‘mind-games’. I think that’s now all gone.

All I see now is a very different football manager and a very different person.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Mourinho has seemed to develop into a completely different man to the one we first saw at Chelsea. The smiles, the jokes, the charging down the touch line, the arms around players etc etc.

He’s become just different. He looks miserable a lot of the time. He makes excuse after excuse. He always wants more to spend. The public slagging of his players was something I can’t recollect he ever did in his early days. He was ‘one of them’ so to speak. Now he seems aloof and ready to criticize at his earliest opportunity. 

‘When once he was a media darling, now he seems to hate the media. He’s got little time for them.

I don’t see this as a charade and as ‘mind-games’. I think that’s now all gone.

All I see now is a very different football manager and a very different person.

It's a shame, I really used to love Mourinho now he just evokes feeling of mild annoyance and pity in me.  He was a truly great manager and part of me would like to see him rise like a phoenix but he really does need to cut out all the moaning.  X

Tbf when Mourinho first week ed in England he was 40. He's now 55. I expect people to change over such a period of time. I still like Jose to be honest.

57 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

About time he went over to the MLS or even China. That’s nearer his level now. Maybe they’d swallow his bullshit for a few more years. Europe has seen enough of his miserable and mediocre attempts at mind games now. Funnily enough I picture Gerbold as Jose’s slightly more melancholy twin brother. 

I’m slowly starting to think from your posts you’re not a fan

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

As much of a moron as he is the first sentence is ridiculous. 75% of the clubs in the Premier League would swap him with their current manage in a heart beat.