Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He will probably be worth twice that if he continues to develop. Only just 25 and already could be starting for England this summer in a World Cup

We don't need the money, especially with the impending windfall of Mahrez's sale. He isn't making any noise about leaving, so why sell? 

Keep him and sign someone who he can build a solid CB partnership with next season. 

i'd say keep him for two years, im just saying £50m is a great return and I feel it could go a long way to strengthening the squad potentially.

I don't think he's as good as we think, especially defensively, but hes decent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

i'd say keep him for two years, im just saying £50m is a great return and I feel it could go a long way to strengthening the squad potentially.

I don't think he's as good as we think, especially defensively, but hes decent.

Don't think we need the £50million to be honest (as crazy at that sounds!), especially at the cost of losing our no.1 CB. 

We likely have 65million coming from Mahrez sale plus will move on some others like Musa, Slimani, King etc. Add to that what the owners would throw in themselves, maybe 20-30 million (??), and we won't be that short of £100million to spend this summer. I think that will be enough and would mean we don't have to sell Maguire to buy. 

3 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Wouldn't let him leave for anything less than 100 million.

We need to build around maguire and I think maguire is very happy here.

If virgil van Dyke is worth 75 mill maguire is worth almost double being English aswel

Liverpool paid over the odds to avoid a tapping up. And transfer ban. £50 m is more the figure of his worth. 75m was never the figure. Will take 2 yrs before that's broken.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Liverpool paid over the odds to avoid a tapping up. And transfer ban. £50 m is more the figure of his worth. 75m was never the figure. Will take 2 yrs before that's broken.

Yea maybe I do agree with you to a certain extent.

But it's what the club value maguire to what is Maguires actually value.

Thays the huge difference we all know in today's market rightly so he is worth 50 mill for his age nationally and form.

60-65 mill if he has a outstanding world cup.

But if the club sell maguire then they will have to rebuild the defence from the very beginning again and they will ensure that they have more than enough funds to do so with the risk of losing our no1 CB

From this a prized asset at a club is not going to be leaving for a standard fee.

2 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Thays the huge difference we all know in today's market rightly so he is worth 50 mill for his age nationally and form.

But if the club sell maguire then they will have to rebuild the defence from the very beginning again and they will ensure that they have more than enough funds to do so with the risk of losing our no1 CB

From this a prized asset at a club is not going to be leaving for a standard fee.

if the player wants to leave then we are entitled to a price which reflects his value. we can top that up if we don't want to sell. a player like Maguire is worth 40m on the back of a decent world cup. we could try and get that to 50m given the length of his remaining contract but if we demand an unrealistic fee which means the buying club backs out then you just alienate the player. a bidding war could up that but the player would have a preferred destination so that wouldn't happen.

we have no evidence that harry wants to leave.

A lot of him staying/going depends on the boss and style we want to play. Not knocking him as he’s class but his ability to bring it out of defence has done our counterattacking play as much as anything. By the time he’s bought it out and taken on the striker the opposition defence has dropped off and got their shape. Most teams had 10 behind the ball by the time we crossed the half way line. Not saying it’s right but at least with Huth it went direct quickly.

• Like 1

He’s an intelligent lad tbf. He’s seen Stones and Keane struggling for game time at points this season, looked at our central defensive options and thought, **** it, at least I’m always gonna get a game here?

Better to be playing each week than dropped elsewhere. Just ask Danny Drinkwater, he was in the England squad when he played for us. 

44 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

He’s an intelligent lad tbf. He’s seen Stones and Keane struggling for game time at points this season, looked at our central defensive options and thought, **** it, at least I’m always gonna get a game here? 

Better to be playing each week than dropped elsewhere. Just ask Danny Drinkwater, he was in the England squad when he played for us. 

Take off the blue tinted specs. Top pros aren't complacent.

3 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Valuations are a joke. You may value your house at 200k. But if 20 view it and all offer 175k what's it's worth.

Everyone selling over values and people not wanting to sell over over values. Any true value is what a buyer is willing to pay.

19 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Valuations are a joke. You may value your house at 200k. But if 20 view it and all offer 175k what's it's worth.

Everyone selling over values and people not wanting to sell over over values. Any true value is what a buyer is willing to pay.

There’s a big difference in your analogy compared to our actual situation. 

Your theory would be correct if we had put our players up for sale, but we haven’t and don’t want to sell.

49 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

There’s a big difference in your analogy compared to our actual situation. 

Your theory would be correct if we had put our players up for sale, but we haven’t and don’t want to sell.

Try reading all of it. Did I not put anyone not wanting to sell over over values it.

So your 200k house becomes 275k.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Yes but only if you actually want to sell.

Edit: Just saw your additional comment above. Perhaps I’ve misunderstood. 

Edited by WigstonWanderer

7 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

The World cup is his shop window, If he has a good one they’ll be queuing up for his services. 

why do people keep saying things like this? he plays for us in the premier league in the 21st century, he's not going to the world cup as an unknown? top clubs will have been watching him for at least a couple of years, he's been a highly rated english centre half for about half a decade, i don't reckon a clean sheet against panama and one fancy run past lukaku and a completed pass is going to make whole scouting networks suddenly realise he's an option. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

The World cup is his shop window, If he has a good one they’ll be queuing up for his services. 

Shop window for Musa too:ph34r:?? 

22 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Very true, players should learn a bit more from others ruined stale careers before running off into the sunset with a fancy new contract only to find they weren’t really that good in the first place and are now just a bench warmer.