Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

Sounds like a plan to unsettle the player ahead of the game to be honest.

Ha, we'll have the last laugh - he's not playing.

Oh yeah.. Benny. 

Maybe we won't be laughing after all.

I don’t think they’ve ever been interested. Their target has always been Alderwiereld and the Maguire talk is probably an attempt to move things along. If they were interested I don’t think their initial bid would be anywhere near the quoted prices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

If this were to happen and we end up having Wes, Benny and Evans as the CB’s triplets, then we deserve the outcome that awaits us.  No sale at this time is the only sensible decision. 

I don't know how many times I have to say it and I get the feeling a majority of people seem to think my outrage is unjustified but the fact we have Maguire (Who is fantastic), Evans (I'm happy about his signing but have fear he's a year older than last year - obviously and injuries seem to be creeping in giving me doubts), Morgan and Benalouane is a major concern.

Are people really happy with that situation? I can't believe people genuinely aren't concerned.

The biggest annoyance of it all is it's been happening for years, by now it should have been sorted.

Add to that the likelyhood of Maguire going next summer is high we should be looking sign a replacement and be involving/bring them through this season, so they slide in next season.

It just seems very naive, very short sighted.

But hey, who cares, positivity, we'll be ok, i'll just keep telling myself that, seems to work for the majority.

As you say with the CB's we have (Take Maguire out of the equation because he can't do it all himself and wouldn't expect him to, the club and management obviously do though) we deserve the outcome that awaits us.

:wes: :crylaugh:

Perhaps I am ott sometimes, too negative but if you can honestly say there are no concerns and this area hasn't been number 1 priority to strengthen for 3 - 4 years now, with Maguire being the only decent acquistion, Evans who as I keep saying i'm happy with but have concerns over age and injuries, to be left with Morgan and Benalouane as our only hopes then i'm sorry but you must be an Ostrich.

Edited by Matt

There was always going to be speculation but have there been any bids? Now that Mawson and Gibson have been snapped up elsewhere we'd have to look after our own interests and say no, it's too late.

I can't see Morgan wanting to be a sub so If he was to go I'd want a decent replacement and then hope one of the youngsters would be ahead of Benny if it came to it.

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't know how many times I have to say it and I get the feeling a majority of people seem to think my outrage is unjustified but the fact we have Maguire (Who is fantastic), Evans (I'm happy about his signing but have fear he's a year older than last year - obviously and injuries seem to be creeping in giving me doubts), Morgan and Benalouane is a major concern.

Are people really happy with that situation? I can't believe people genuinely aren't concerned.

The biggest annoyance of it all is it's been happening for years, by now it should have been sorted.

Add to that the likelyhood of Maguire going next summer is high we should be looking sign a replacement and be involving/bring them through this season, so they slide in next season.

It just seems very naive, very short sighted.

But hey, who cares, positivity, we'll be ok, i'll just keep telling myself that, seems to work for the majority.

As you say with the CB's we have (Take Maguire out of the equation because he can't do it all himself and wouldn't expect him to, the club and management obviously do though) we deserve the outcome that awaits us.

:wes: :crylaugh:

Perhaps I am ott sometimes, too negative but if you can honestly say there are no concerns and this area hasn't been number 1 priority to strengthen for 3 - 4 years now, with Maguire being the only decent acquistion, Evans who as I keep saying i'm happy with but have concerns over age and injuries, to be left with Morgan and Benalouane as our only hopes then i'm sorry but you must be an Ostrich.

This happens when a club is owned by multimillionaires who know their own business inside out but dip their toes in a sport. Our biggest let down as a club has been small-time advisors to big-time owners. Until the owners wake up and get rid of that small time Klingons we will never truly move on to our full potential.

Edited by Bunyip

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

On the pitch I think they might well be this year. As s club I agree. 

Spurs are hampered by their owners. Where have they shown any ambitions other than to have been an also-ran this season?. They are going to be nothing less from now on, just like Arsenal were hampered by the huge debt around their ground. Nice ground shame about the next ten years.

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/998993/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-Jose-Mourinho

MANCHESTER UNITED boss Jose Mourinho is plotting a world-record deadline move for England World Cup hero Harry Maguire, who is rated at £80million by Leicester City.

PUBLISHED: 00:13, Sun, Aug 5, 2018 | UPDATED: 00:14, Sun, Aug 5, 2018

The Foxes want more than the £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk earlier this year to part with Maguire, who has four years left on his contract.

United boss Mourinho is ready to sell Marcos Rojo to Everton for £20m to help finance the move for the Sheffield United academy graduate.

And to believe  there are people in here who still think he isn’t that good...

42 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Spurs are hampered by their owners. Where have they shown any ambitions other than to have been an also-ran this season?. They are going to be nothing less from now on, just like Arsenal were hampered by the huge debt around their ground. Nice ground shame about the next ten years.

Guess we will see. 

43 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

... but they have got a cheese room.

Why haven't we ?? Puel OUT.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

We can't replace Wes Morgan let alone Harry Maguire.

C’mon the scouting team have only had 3 years to sort that one out. Patience please.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s not that good a defender, we can replace him well enough 

You have to be on the wind up ...   you must be ...   but out of interest who can we replace him with before the dead line ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

4D8E2CD2-C1C7-4709-BC2C-FAF8859B4690.png

So they move the transfer window closing date to limit the impact of bids unsettling players. So instead? Man Utd plan to bid the days before we play them. This isn't an approach, its just dirty tactics.