Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don’t think they’ve ever been interested. Their target has always been Alderwiereld and the Maguire talk is probably an attempt to move things along. If they were interested I don’t think their initial bid would be anywhere near the quoted prices. 

Believed the same. 

Sky claiming this again five minutes ago. I’m calling it again it’s Sky trying to hype up Friday’s game and boosting their skybet market 

1 minute ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Way to late to sell but if they did drop 100 Million I wonder how the owners would react?

For 100 million, the owners would drive him up. That's the amount Ronaldo went to Juve for. All respect to Harry, but he isnt worth 100 million 

• Like 3

I love Harry, and he’s a good defender, but I can’t help but feel that he’s quite overrated by many. If we can sign an adequate replacement (I know it’s not that simple though this close to the window closing) then we’d be fools to reject £75/£80m.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Was it sky who said Man Utd had ended their pursuit of Maguire the other day?

if so, I would take this with a massive pinch of salt, sky sources my arse 

they did say that, think it was Rob Dorsett who mentioned it, usually crap from Sky i think,

Man Utd are more than likely trying to make one of Barca or Spurs relent, as i cant see Man Utd wanting to spend more than £75mil on Maguire

sky sources nowadays are about as reliable as a fart in the wind

• Haha 1

If they’d offered £80m before the World Cup I probably would have taken it.

If they'd offered us £80m after the World Cup I would have demanded £100m and perhaps taken it, if we had someone similar lined up.

Now with 4 days left, I wouldn't even entertain an offer. Not even £200m. Nothing. He's simply not for sale. Give him a bumper new contact and tell him he can move next summer if we can replace him and get a decent offer. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So they move the transfer window closing date to limit the impact of bids unsettling players. So instead? Man Utd plan to bid the days before we play them. This isn't an approach, its just dirty tactics. 

Flashback to 2016:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-news-fixtures-mourinho-11906624

Man Utd interested in signing Danny Drinkwater from Leicester. Date of story: 21/09/2016. Man Utd vs Leicester fixture date? 24/09/2016. Oh what a ****ing coincidence. If they want to do this kind of shady stuff, maybe we should report them for illegally tapping up our players, as Southampton did to Liverpool during the Van Dijk saga.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I love Maguire and I'm aware we don't need the money but if we could sell him for 75 million and buy Mina for 35 it would be very good business for the club.

Except we wouldnt buy mina and instead some bloke from france who hasnt quite done too well but may have potential

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Flashback to 2016:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-news-fixtures-mourinho-11906624

Man Utd interested in signing Danny Drinkwater from Leicester. Date of story: 21/09/2016. Man Utd vs Leicester fixture date? 24/09/2016. Oh what a ****ing coincidence. If they want to do this kind of shady stuff, maybe we should report them for illegally tapping up our players, as Southampton did to Liverpool during the Van Dijk saga.

Exactly, its absolutely BS how the supposed big teams get away with actions like this. You can say the same with City and Mahrez in January. If the FA want their league to remain one of the most competitive, they need to stamp out this kind of action. FFP was meant to level playing fields, but once again the big teams seem to avoid all that 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I love Harry, and he’s a good defender, but I can’t help but feel that he’s quite overrated by many. If we can sign an adequate replacement (I know it’s not that simple though this close to the window closing) then we’d be fools to reject £75/£80m.

I completely agree with you. If we could get a good replacement in first I would be happy to sell him for that amount, I don't think he's worth that much or a title-challenging quality defender. But if Utd think he is then I would be happy with the deal.