Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

I'd rather not lose him... but hang on a minute... there's players out there who can do the same job for a similar amount we bought Maguire for (£17million). Replacing Mahrez is mission impossible, but a centre back? Not that hard to come by good one's these days.

If they offer £75/80 million. We should  rip there arm off.

Edited by Haywood_6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'd rather not lose him... but hang on a minute... there's players out there who can do the same job for a similar amount we bought Maguire for (£17million). Replacing Mahrez is mission impossible, but a centre back? Not that hard to come by good one's these days.

Except we have four days. So it won’t be happening. 

2 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Yeah with 4 days of the transfer window left I'm sure clubs will be queuing up to sell us their best CBs! :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I not sure if you've heard but it fairly likely we're going into the season with Morgan and Benalouane as our starting CB's, that suggest's to me they're very hard to come by.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Yeah it's pretty easy for a club like ours to pick up the best English centre back or someone of that level. Should be no problem at all!

It's not your money, so why would you prefer to swap a player for somebody not as good?

23 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

A couple of things here.

Selling on or close to deadline day is a recipe for disaster if you haven't made arrangements for a replacement.

I also happen to believe that Harry is much more than just a good CB, he is the kind of player that you build a team around & I wouldn't take 75/80 for him .. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

You have to be on the wind up ...   you must be ...   but out of interest who can we replace him with before the dead line ?

I mean in terms of defensively he isn’t that great, so there’s a fair few I think would be adequate 

13 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Maguire 6/4 alderweireld 2/7 to join man Utd on sky bet. Sky news need to look at their own odds.

Skybet isn't actually run by sky at all, they sold it a few years back. They just allow them to use the sky brand.

Clubs like United are not bothered about destabilising other clubs with these last minute offers

I would get a promising player like Mepham in to work alongside Maguire and Evans but  I cannot see the club being tempted even at £75-80 million for Maguire. It would send out all the wrong messages so United will have to look elsewhere and stop moaning.

Edited by Edingleyfox

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I mean in terms of defensively he isn’t that great, so there’s a fair few I think would be adequate 

He has made mistakes but gets better every match ...  look at his international performances ....      at this moment in time he is irreplaceable ...      and just think of the message that would send out if we let him go.

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Skybet isn't actually run by sky at all, they sold it a few years back. They just allow them to use the sky brand.

Didn't know that.but the odds are telling. 

We’re not going to get Lascelles.

No way would Newcastle let him go this close to deadline. 

If we sold Maguire now we won’t be getting decent cover in this late on and that means until January we have Morgan, Evans and Benny. By that point we could already be in a Relegation scrap with that defence.

Yes 80m is a lot of money but and experienced defender who is all ready here is worth a lot more.

Any one that wants to sell him need their head read.

• Like 3