Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm very happy to see that but the league rules state you can replace an injured player but not someone who's been sent off.

Hence my plan, forfeit the three points and aim solely to ruin mourinhos year ?

Sky might be reporting about United making a bid but on skybet he is still 8/15 to stay at Leicester. Shame as i was going to lump a load of money on him staying. No way will the owners sanction a move at this late stage unless we have a replacement already lined up which i very much doubt we will have at this late stage! 

59 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

He has made mistakes but gets better every match ...  look at his international performances ....      at this moment in time he is irreplaceable ...      and just think of the message that would send out if we let him go.

He was better internationally as we played a back 5, he’s always gonna look better where his pace isn’t exposed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

He was better internationally as we played a back 5, he’s always gonna look better where his pace isn’t exposed

You don't need to be quick to be a quality centre half.  You can nullify a pacy forward with clever positioning.

I like Maguire,but he’s not 75 mill quality,

even with him being the stand out player for England let’s be honest what world class strikers did he play against,

for me were the perfect club for him but I would snap Unites hands off,

hell never be worth that much again as long as he plays for us,

i think we’ll have a replacement lined us aswell,but if the shit hits the fan and we don’t replace him this window then let’s give youth a chance,there’s enough on here moaning about lack of development yet the same people wanting us to sign new players,

also i wouldn’t expect him to play for or against us on Friday,and to cover our arses we should put an agreement in so he carnt play against us on Friday 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I'm definitely not.  John stones isn't quick, Vertongen isn't quick, Cahill isn't quick, Terry wasn't quick.  

They weren’t and currently aren’t slow,

dont mention cahill and John stones as examples for god sake hahaha 

33 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I like Maguire,but he’s not 75 mill quality,

even with him being the stand out player for England let’s be honest what world class strikers did he play against,

for me were the perfect club for him but I would snap Unites hands off,

hell never be worth that much again as long as he plays for us,

i think we’ll have a replacement lined us aswell,but if the shit hits the fan and we don’t replace him this window then let’s give youth a chance,there’s enough on here moaning about lack of development yet the same people wanting us to sign new players,

also i wouldn’t expect him to play for or against us on Friday,and to cover our arses we should put an agreement in so he carnt play against us on Friday 

I think they'll try and offer one of their current CB's as part of the deal.. Not sure who we'd be interested in though?.. Smalling perhaps?... It's the only way we're going to get cover in time now. 

I can see the deal happening. 

Maguire will want the move and what's the point in keeping an unhappy player. 

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I think they'll try and offer one of their current CB's as part of the deal.. Not sure who we'd be interested in though?.. Smalling perhaps?... It's the only way we're going to get cover in time now. 

I can see the deal happening. 

Maguire will want the move and what's the point in keeping an unhappy player. 

I would take smalling,actually think he would be a better centre half for us than Maguire,

i just think that had we been offered 35-40 mill without him playing at the World Cup we would take it,75 mill is an enormous amount of money and I think we would get more out the transfer fee than we will do Maguire,and whether it’s January or next summer,we will never get offered this money again,

mahrez got away with it cuz he could be shit for 90 mins then score a winning goal,

maguire could never get away with stuff like that,and if his form drops the fee halves,if he stays and is our player of the year we’re not gonna get anymore out of it financially,at best probably end up selling for 55-60 million,

so let’s take it i say

Edited by Russell sprout

3 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

You don't need to be quick to be a quality centre half.  You can nullify a pacy forward with clever positioning.

If you’re playing as a unit of course. Being paired up with Morgan or Benelouane isn’t going to help his cause. 

Players like Maldini never needed pace but they were the best and often played against opponents at a slow tempo. For Italy he played with defenders who were genuinely world class. 

Lacking pace in the PL as a centre half is going to cause you problems even with good positioning. 

2 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

I would take smalling,actually think he would be a better centre half for us than Maguire,

i just think that had we been offered 35-40 mill without him playing at the World Cup we would take it,75 mill is an enormous amount of money and I think we would get more out the transfer fee than we will do Maguire,and whether it’s January or next summer,we will never get offered this money again,

mahrez got away with it cuz he could be shit for 90 mins then score a winning goal,

maguire could never get away with stuff like that,and if his form drops the fee halves,if he stays and is our player of the year we’re not gonna get anymore out of it financially,at best probably end up selling for 55-60 million,

so let’s take it i say

How would his value decrease by £15-20m if he played well this season and got POTY? 

At worst we woud receive the same £75m you mention and we would have had a top performer all season rather than being left short in a position were already struggling with.