Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Hey now thats not supporting our player and team. You might be labelled not a true fan for having an opinion lol

Lol

Its not what I would like but that’s what I would be ok with

Just now, MPH said:

Lol

Its not what I would like but that’s what I would be ok with

Ya i would hope we will play hard ball with maguire. United is desperate so they need to pony up. Smalling isnt all that but he is decent enough for us being top 10- 12. Cant seem them giving us smalling and 50 mill.would be nice to just keep maguire as we dont always know what to do when we have a lot of cash.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Ya i would hope we will play hard ball with maguire. United is desperate so they need to pony up. Smalling isnt all that but he is decent enough for us being top 10- 12. Cant seem them giving us smalling and 50 mill.would be nice to just keep maguire as we dont always know what to do when we have a lot of cash.

If they really are offering 75 million then that would value smalling at 25 million.. which is about fair...

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

50 million and smalling. 

If they want him that bad it’s £60 million and Smalling. They don’t want him though. It’s all just a giant Jose mind fuch aimed at unsettling Harry and pressuring Spurs. 

Classic Man Utd/Mourinho mind games sponsored by Sky Sports News.

Since the world cup...

Man Utd: Harry, we'd really you to come play for us, we'll give Leicester 65m - you're worth it.

Leicester: He's not for sale, so don't even ask.

Man Utd: Well obviously you don't want to sell him, we're not really even that interested.  We'd rather have Mina or Alderweireld, they are cheaper and more betterer.

Less than a week before Man Utd v Leicester...

Man Utd: Harry, you know that we said that we wanted you and then we said we didn't, well actually we do. In fact, we like you so much we'll tell some Sky Sports sources that we'll put in a world record bid.

FoxesTalk: Sell.  No, don't sell. No, part exchange with one of their players who would be happy to take a pay cut and not have a chance of Champions League football. No, wait! Don't sell at any price. Actually yes, get rid, he's not that good anyway and then buy two more players on deadline day. Yes. No.

Chill people.  You guys crack me up :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maguire would be mad to go to man utd, it's such a poorly ran club at the moment with Mourinho at the helm. Mourinho is self combusting, which for a young player isn't good to walk in to. He's better to stay, play regularly and then go next summer if he wants to play for Man Utd that badly as the lunatic wouldn't be there. 

For the record , I wouldn't sell him at any price especially this late in the transfer window. I absolutely hate the way Man Utd operate, so underhand and dodgy. Hate them more than ever. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Hey now thats not supporting our player and team. You might be labelled not a true fan for having an opinion lol

You sure showed me! 

I didn’t say people weren’t allowed different opinions, just that some of the opinions were poisonous. 

Whilst I would hate to see him go, he is everything United need, leader, great defender, real ability...I would go as far as saying it I’d an essential signing for United, and takes them from 4th/5th to top three.....Yerry Mina? Really? Maguire is every inch a top top player, they will likely pay what it takes

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Maguire would be mad to go to man utd, it's such a poorly ran club at the moment with Mourinho at the helm. Mourinho is self combusting, which for a young player isn't good to walk in to. He's better to stay, play regularly and then go next summer if he wants to play for Man Utd that badly as the lunatic wouldn't be there. 

For the record , I wouldn't sell him at any price especially this late in the transfer window. I absolutely hate the way Man Utd operate, so underhand and dodgy. Hate them more than ever. 

Depends what his other top six options are over the next couple seasons.  Jose either does the business this year and finishes top two/three with a cup or he will be sacked.  Man united are never a poor option for a good player.  Worst way they are set up for life financially (and I mean really set up). Harry could even settle in Yorkshire near his roots rather than a move to London. 

face up to it - unless we are to rediscover the formula of three seasons ago, harry won’t be here for 19/20. if he isn’t happy to stay then we should take the huge money and buy mepham plus one experienced CH. I rather hope that he isn’t trying to get himself out of the club at this time. 

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Can't see him wanting to come here. Man United to Leicester? 

• Like 1

What is it with everton?  Utd balk at minas agent fee and everton steam in... keaving utd to pony up and buy maguire...  even if we play hard ball this will be a massive loss for us.  We had 3 top players..  mahrez vardy and maguire... keeping 2 wasnt bad coz mahrez had become a distraction. But losing maguirr would show that we will never be able to make progress.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Depends what his other top six options are over the next couple seasons.  Jose either does the business this year and finishes top two/three with a cup or he will be sacked.  Man united are never a poor option for a good player.  Worst way they are set up for life financially (and I mean really set up). Harry could even settle in Yorkshire near his roots rather than a move to London. 

face up to it - unless we are to rediscover the formula of three seasons ago, harry won’t be here for 19/20. if he isn’t happy to stay then we should take the huge money and buy mepham plus one experienced CH. I rather hope that he isn’t trying to get himself out of the club at this time. 

And where do you think we have the time to buy another CH ? We don't simple as that. He's going nowhere until our owners say he can and that won't be this season.

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Let me confirm that i have renewed my season ticket and i have no intention of being lured away by a big money offer from jose

Absolutely. The interest from a club of that stature was flattering for sure, but my direct debit is Leicester through and through, and I have just signed a 40 year contract extension.

• Like 1

I don't think this is a matter of just how much Manure are prepared to offer for Maguire. The problem is the timing of any possible bid which, if accepted, would leave us little or no time in which to bring in a replacement of sufficient quality. This is why City will be likely to reject any such late bid REGARDLESS of how much is offered. Why?

1. We don't need the money.

2. He's an important player for the coming season.

3. We are also led to believe that the owners have already decided that he's not for sale, and we all know just how stubborn they are once they've made up their minds...ask Mahrez. 

4. If we want to restore the level of competition for places from last season (having lost Huth and Dragovic and only added Evans), we are already short in the centre-half position anyway (hence perhaps the interest in Brentford's Mepham) - unless the manager is convinced that Johnson, Knight and/or Hughes are ready to step-up. Benalouane's continued involvement in the first team would be scary...

5. Maguire still has 4 years left of his present contract. This means that, provided he keeps his fitness and form for City and England, there is no reason why he wouldn't command the same transfer fee (or even higher) for the next 2-to-4 transfer windows - it would be a different matter if his contract had only 1 or 2 years left to run. City hold all the cards at this stage - so why blink so early in the game?

6. There are still huge doubts as to the veracity of the media claims of United's continued interest in the player anyway. There is deep suspicion that the chief cheerleader for this story - SkySportsNews - may be using the rumour (and then quashing it just as quickly) to make money from their Skybet operation...

7. There is also the distinct possibility that the Maguire story is just part of a Manure strategy to convince Spurs to accept a 'reasonable' (for Manure) bid for that 'old werewolf' bloke (who does have only 1 year left on his contract)...

• Like 1