Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

How would his value decrease by £15-20m if he played well this season and got POTY? 

At worst we woud receive the same £75m you mention and we would have had a top performer all season rather than being left short in a position were already struggling with. 

Having a player who may not want to be with us is worth keeping them in the hope we can talk him round and convince him he will be playing for on of the biggest teams in the world,that he’ll play champions league football?????

no we carnt,but United can,for a player who couldn’t get in hulls team 2 years ago  

he not gonna get a better chance than this,and it’s on the back of the world stage where he was England’s best player,

so I stand by my opinion that we won’t get this sort of money again as the novelty 

of performing on the world stage would have worn off,

it was on a few months ago riyad wasn’t leaving for any less than 90 million,

yet left for 60

2 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Having a player who may not want to be with us is worth keeping them in the hope we can talk him round and convince him he will be playing for on of the biggest teams in the world,that he’ll play champions league football?????

no we carnt,but United can,for a player who couldn’t get in hulls team 2 years ago  

he not gonna get a better chance than this,and it’s on the back of the world stage where he was England’s best player,

so I stand by my opinion that we won’t get this sort of money again as the novelty 

of performing on the world stage would have worn off,

it was on a few months ago riyad wasn’t leaving for any less than 90 million,

yet left for 60

Fair enough, I think (and hope) you’re wrong but that’s the beauty of Internet forums. 

Hopefully he stays and has another good season for us. 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly why the **** would anyone believe any rumour that United are buying Maguire? 

The club have said he isn't for sale, the club have a history of being stubborn, everything goes quiet. 

Then Sky sports bring the story back a few days before we play Manchester United on Sky Sports? Shocker. 

Have people not worked out how the football media works yet? Seriously? Chill, Maguire isn't going anywhere. Its just drama and hype to sell their product. 

I've decided I actually love it. Already started spending my winnings from backing him to stay here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Ed said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Man U had no intention of signing him just Jose mind games ahead of the opening fixture trying to disrupt the squad.

You certainly can't discount it. Mourinho does think it's part of the game, with both the opposition AND his own players. Personally, I think it's a risky tactic as it could go any number of ways. 

BREAKING NEWS

Representatives from Manchester Unitedhave approached Bayern Munich over a possible deal for centre-back Jerome Boateng, according to Sky in Germany.

They believe the Bundesliga champions will demand around £45m for the German international.

Boateng is thought to be open to a move if conditions are right but Paris Saint-Germain are also known to be keen on the 29-year old.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brizzlfox said:

I don't think this is a matter of just how much Manure are prepared to offer for Maguire. The problem is the timing of any possible bid which, if accepted, would leave us little or no time in which to bring in a replacement of sufficient quality. This is why City will be likely to reject any such late bid REGARDLESS of how much is offered. Why?

1. We don't need the money.

2. He's an important player for the coming season.

3. We are also led to believe that the owners have already decided that he's not for sale, and we all know just how stubborn they are once they've made up their minds...ask Mahrez. 

4. If we want to restore the level of competition for places from last season (having lost Huth and Dragovic and only added Evans), we are already short in the centre-half position anyway (hence perhaps the interest in Brentford's Mepham) - unless the manager is convinced that Johnson, Knight and/or Hughes are ready to step-up. Benalouane's continued involvement in the first team would be scary...

5. Maguire still has 4 years left of his present contract. This means that, provided he keeps his fitness and form for City and England, there is no reason why he wouldn't command the same transfer fee (or even higher) for the next 2-to-4 transfer windows - it would be a different matter if his contract had only 1 or 2 years left to run. City hold all the cards at this stage - so why blink so early in the game?

6. There are still huge doubts as to the veracity of the media claims of United's continued interest in the player anyway. There is deep suspicion that the chief cheerleader for this story - SkySportsNews - may be using the rumour (and then quashing it just as quickly) to make money from their Skybet operation...

7. There is also the distinct possibility that the Maguire story is just part of a Manure strategy to convince Spurs to accept a 'reasonable' (for Manure) bid for that 'old werewolf' bloke (who does have only 1 year left on his contract)...

Excellent...

4 major questions/Points ,no matter of Manures own desperation..

#why should we let him go,we have to show out own PL desires

#After only joining last season,and signing a four year contract why should he want to go now..

# Manutd/mourhino is not yet a Club of stabilty despite their standing

# Manager and owners must know and realise the drive and Motivation at the beginning of a New

Season of promise,will imploded within squad and on the terraces....

We are in a Position of strength on this issue,so why bother to even show we are even listening!!

If there was a note of action From  Leicesters side then £120 Million is amust..

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Let me confirm that i have renewed my season ticket and i have no intention of being lured away by a big money offer from jose

You say that, but what if we offer a record fee and a Kettering Town season Ticket?