Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

On 16/05/2018 at 22:25, sylofox said:

Valuations are a joke. You may value your house at 200k. But if 20 view it and all offer 175k what's it's worth.

Everyone selling over values and people not wanting to sell over over values. Any true value is what a buyer is willing to pay.

If it’s worth £200k to the owner it’s irrelevant what it’s worth to the bidders. You don’t sell it and keep the house that you value at £200k. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If it’s worth £200k to the owner it’s irrelevant what it’s worth to the bidders. You don’t sell it and keep the house that you value at £200k. 

FFS who said you sell it it's a hypothetical example.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

FFS who said you sell it it's a hypothetical example.

Well I was quite aware it’s a hypothetical situation as Harry Maguire isn’t a house worth £200k. 

I didn’t say it was anyone’s intention to sell. Back onto the hypothetical situation you brought up. I have a house worth £200k that I’m not actively looking to sell, 20 people offer me £175k for it. I’m not going to sell it am I? Someone offers me £250k for it and I might consider my options. It seems simple to me.

Value is a matter of opinion with something such as a footballer. A buyer is unlikely to want to pay the amount that the owner values their player. If he’s worth £70m (for arguments sake) to LCFC and Man City, Liverpool and Spurs offered us £50m, it doesn’t mean he’s worth £50m, that’s just what they want to pay. Nor  does it mean he’s worth £75m, that’s only what he’s worth to us. Seen as he’s contracted to us, it’s irrelevant what clubs bid for him unless it matches our valuation. That was my original point.  

• Like 1

I'e always thought that players have two values. They have their transfer value and they have their value to their team. Maguire for example would be worth more to is than what he would to UTD as he could make that differance between mid table and Europe. He would be worth even more to wolves, say as he could mean the differance between finishing next year safe from relegation and going down. 

A players true value is somewhere inbetween what that player is worth to the two teams.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well I was quite aware it’s a hypothetical situation as Harry Maguire isn’t a house worth £200k. 

I didn’t say it was anyone’s intention to sell. Back onto the hypothetical situation you brought up. I have a house worth £200k that I’m not actively looking to sell, 20 people offer me £175k for it. I’m not going to sell it am I? Someone offers me £250k for it and I might consider my options. It seems simple to me.

Value is a matter of opinion with something such as a footballer. A buyer is unlikely to want to pay the amount that the owner values their player. If he’s worth £70m (for arguments sake) to LCFC and Man City, Liverpool and Spurs offered us £50m, it doesn’t mean he’s worth £50m, that’s just what they want to pay. Nor  does it mean he’s worth £75m, that’s only what he’s worth to us. Seen as he’s contracted to us, it’s irrelevant what clubs bid for him unless it matches our valuation. That was my original point.  

If he was a house though what type of house would he be? 

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If he was a house though what type of house would he be? 

Well Wes would be a 'detached' - being quite often detached from the rest of the defence.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:26, Jon the Hat said:

We should be building around Maguire, Ndidi, Vardy and Ihenacho, sod selling any of them.

Quite.

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

As we have shown with Mahrez, we only sell when our valuation has been met.

If he has a good world cup, I can't see why he would be worth any less than Van Dijk.

Hes worth much more than van dijk.

I'd rather have a unfit harry maguire to a fully fit van dijk he's just a average CB nothing special

Edited by adamlcfcbevo85

Don't see why he'd want to leave unless offered regular first team football elsewhere.

He's become a regular In the England team with us and will start 38 games each season.

My concern is that any club interested in him will of instructed any players that are in the England world cup squad to 'remind' Harry of how great it is at their club and we won't be around to protect his delicate ears...

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Don't see why he'd want to leave unless offered regular first team football elsewhere.

He's become a regular In the England team with us and will start 38 games each season.

Money, Trophies, Champions League football....

1 hour ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Hes worth much more than van dijk.

I'd rather have a unfit harry maguire to a fully fit van dijk he's just a average CB nothing special

Good chance he's going to have a Champions League winners medal in his top pocket.

The bloke has imerged into a leader at Liverpool and has changed the look of their back four 

You think Harry is worth more than 75m? 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Good chance he's going to have a Champions League winners medal in his top pocket.

The bloke has imerged into a leader at Liverpool and has changed the look of their back four 

You think Harry is worth more than 75m? 

Well he's better than Van dijk soooo

• Haha 1