Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

33 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Think I read that maguire and vardy won't be in the squad

10 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Pretty sure Puel said it at an interview last week (post Lyon game maybe?)

As I've said already. Why would Puel tell Jose they are playing. To me its just mind games. But it seems about 50% on here have fallen for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

As I've said already. Why would Puel tell Jose they are playing. To me its just mind games. But it seems about 50% on here have fallen for it.

Not saying i believe it... just that he said it.

Maguire will be saved for the Wolves game when I come up for it.....

Got a feeling Vardy might be on the bench for a last 15 cameo to blitz the weary United defence, if we sign these 2 young Centre Backs one of them might play instead of Benny....

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Not saying i believe it... just that he said it.

Like he said we weren’t signing anyone to lose ........

im concerned about the twenty quid bet I had with a colleague that maguire would stay with us - if United bid more than 75m then I think we accept it now we seem to have secured this Turkish fella if required.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Like he said we weren’t signing anyone to lose ........

im concerned about the twenty quid bet I had with a colleague that maguire would stay with us - if United bid more than 75m then I think we accept it now we seem to have secured this Turkish fella if required.  

I’ve said it before but in this circumstance we’d be stupid not to. It’s great to see us being proactive for once as we seemingly have contingency plans for all eventualities. To me it seems that the deal for the Turkish lad is lined up for only if Harry leaves. 

Like I have said before, I truly do think Harry is a good defender, but is he World-class? Probably not. Should we therefore take £80m if offered? Definitely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Scenes when Maguire, Vardy, Ghezzal, Hazard and Soyuncu start at Old Trafford :revenge:

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Beginning to think we are ready to let him go if we get the second centre back. 

Good business provided one one of the CBs is a success 

Why though?

No club wants to use Benny and Evans and Morgan are the wrong side of 30. 

These are two young lads we can get in to the club now and look like long term replacements but also capable of filling in now. 

Morgan and Benny leave next summer on frees and Maguire may well leave then too.

He's going nowhere now.

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why though?

No club wants to use Benny and Evans and Morgan are the wrong side of 30. 

These are two young lads we can get in to the club now and look like long term replacements but also capable of filling in now. 

Morgan and Benny leave next summer on frees and Maguire may well leave then too.

He's going nowhere now.

Seems odd to push through a deal for a player before the deadline and accept higher fees for them to largely sit on the bench 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seems odd to push through a deal for a player before the deadline and accept higher fees for them to largely sit on the bench 

They'll be more expensive next summer.

If they're players we've been tracking for a while then it makes sense to get them in now ready for when the old boys move on.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Its because 2 aren't available and we are left with the ageing Wes and Benny the Looney ...    and also, going forward, we then have the option of playing 3 at the back ...   and CP wants another anyway ! ...     

New CB does NOT mean Maguire is off !!!       Chill out  ....

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

United are seemingly getting more desperate, I reckon we'll see a £100m bid and most likely will sell him.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Maguire is one of my fav players, I love the guy. However, if United offer us anything north of £70m then from a purely economic point of view we have to consider that. 

Just imagine 60 mill for Mahrez, 16m from musa and 100 from Harry

These tabloid newspapers, Sky Sports, Murphy..., they all need suing for false information.

Everything they spout is based on conjecture, not fact.   

Two new defenders coming in = Maguire going out.

Are they stupid or do they believe that people who read this nonsense are stupid? 

Fact of the matter is we needed another two CBs in the first place.  Regardless of Maguire, Evans or whoever else we have.  Who realistically wants to start games with Morgan and Benalouane as your forced choice due to lack of options?

They, the media, are completely inept at relaying true factual information.  It's pathetic.  Roll on 14 seconds after tomorrows transfer deadline and they can all crawl back into their holes.