Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

3 minutes ago, Ewan Ball said:

Come on guys wake up. Maguire wants to leave to play in the CL with United. Just like those others non loyal players committed to the lost cause...Drinkwater, Kante, Marhez, Block Head...all want to play for better clubs in the CL. 

Maguire will be a United player soon enough, you'll see. 

If you're bonkers enough to pay a world record fee for him then he can go... He honesty isn't THAT good!.. The WC displays against extremely poor opposition has increased his value to laughable levels.. Cash in now... There's better out there for far less money. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Maguire, Evans, Soyuncu, benkovic, Benny, Morgan and Johnson just signed a new deal.... Someone is leaving that's for sure.

Johnson likely to go on loan if we get another centre half. 

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Are people really that bothered if Maguire goes? If Man U break the record for a defender to sign Maguire then we have had their pants down.

Don't get me wrong I like Maguire. But he made a fair few mistakes last season. Luckily for him we were rarely punished for them so they get swept under the rug. At Man Utd he will be slaughtered.

£80+ million bid comes in it's an absolute no brainer.

I would sell for anything over 70m personally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Are people really that bothered if Maguire goes? If Man U break the record for a defender to sign Maguire then we have had their pants down.

Don't get me wrong I like Maguire. But he made a fair few mistakes last season. Luckily for him we were rarely punished for them so they get swept under the rug. At Man Utd he will be slaughtered.

£80+ million bid comes in it's an absolute no brainer.

As long as we have sufficient cover in place, I agree.

Maguire is not an £80+ million player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingston_fox said:

Everyone has a price, it's business.

yeah they do and Man Utd will have to pay over £75mil for Maguire, the club dont want to lose him and im sure the player is more than happy to stay here rather than go Utd under the loony toon Jose

all in all we'll have some decent defenders at the club, can see Benny leaving mind to go back to Italy

30 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

These tabloid newspapers, Sky Sports, Murphy..., they all need suing for false information.

Everything they spout is based on conjecture, not fact.   

Two new defenders coming in = Maguire going out.

Are they stupid or do they believe that people who read this nonsense are stupid? 

Fact of the matter is we needed another two CBs in the first place.  Regardless of Maguire, Evans or whoever else we have.  Who realistically wants to start games with Morgan and Benalouane as your forced choice due to lack of options?

They, the media, are completely inept at relaying true factual information.  It's pathetic.  Roll on 14 seconds after tomorrows transfer deadline and they can all crawl back into their holes.

tbf it mainly seems to be the red top papers and Sky whirling up the rumours, and we know sky do just to get more bets on Sky Bet

and it makes me laugh how many tend to believe Sky and these red tops(only 1 i tend to believe and thats Alan Nixon of the sun)

as you said, the ones in the know that LCFC have needed an overhaul in defence and need all thats being brought in, just because we are buying a few doesnt mean we are selling, im sure the club know Morgan is coming to the end here and he probably does too sadly, and Benny will be off to italy i suspect. 

shame no one outside of the LCFC circle so to speak can see the club is trying to build something

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

If the two come in, I reckon he's gone.

Let's absolutely screw Man U to the floor on the fee, they're going to need a big signing to quell the disquiet at Old Trafford after the Pogba situation. They'll be desperate. Demand £10m more than the figure we want and stick to our guns.

Genuinely concerned if we sell him still, even if we sign these 2 centre half’s they are both young and inexperienced. Would be a gamble with The other 3 we would be left with! I think we need 5 first choice cbs at the club! Although huth wasn’t fit we did have 5 last year when you add in dragovic. 

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If you're bonkers enough to pay a world record fee for him then he can go... He honesty isn't THAT good!.. The WC displays against extremely poor opposition has increased his value to laughable levels.. Cash in now... There's better out there for far less money. 

Especially after fergie said that he'd disrespect the club after he left first time round.

I know Maguire has been good for us but I wouldn't suggest he's world-class, a very good player though. He 100% isn't worth £20m more than Mahrez. It's just down to the owners really. Personally, I can't see them selling one of our best players with so little time remaining in the window, it could all change though if we sign these two defenders.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Evans and Wes are experienced Prem  defenders... with the youth thats coming in, we are definitely planning for Harrys exit imo

whos to say we arent preparing for Wes's exit? as hes coming to the end here i think sadly, think the club are preparing for the future too tbh, 

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

whos to say we arent preparing for Wes's exit? as hes coming to the end here i think sadly, think the club are preparing for the future too tbh, 

We may be but there's been no rumours of any club in for Wes at all. If one is leaving, the obvious candidate is Maguire.

Maybe we really are planning for the future entirely and we're keeping them all. That's not beyond the bounds of possibility but I'd be surprised.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

We may be but there's been no rumours of any club in for Wes at all. If one is leaving, the obvious candidate is Maguire.

Maybe we really are planning for the future entirely and we're keeping them all. That's not beyond the bounds of possibility but I'd be surprised.

i thought that Newcastle were linked a while back but nothing with any foundation, maybe we are playing 3 at the back? i think we are more likely to see Benny leave unless the club get a stupidly high bid for Maguire

just because we could be signing 2 new CB and that doesnt mean Maguire is on the move, weve need good cover at the back for years and we might actually have it now

If we get offered 70 million plus, I'd sell, no brainer

I think there is a little of a myth about Harry that his a great defender, he's not, good player, great defender no.

Is he any better then Matt Elliott in he's prime, I'd argue no.

All this talk of a great world cup, was he any better the Vida or Lovran for croatia?

Edited by coolhandfox