Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

i thought that Newcastle were linked a while back but nothing with any foundation, maybe we are playing 3 at the back? i think we are more likely to see Benny leave unless the club get a stupidly high bid for Maguire

just because we could be signing 2 new CB and that doesnt mean Maguire is on the move, weve need good cover at the back for years and we might actually have it now

I think we will.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post.

Can't see Wes going to Newcastle though.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

They'll be more expensive next summer.

If they're players we've been tracking for a while then it makes sense to get them in now ready for when the old boys move on.

But why not bid six weeks ago? Nearer the deadline, the more money you pay.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

How can one Mercury reporter say one thing and another say something else? lol

Said the same thing on the other thread! How can they be covering the same team in the same office and come out with different things :appl:lol

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

How can one Mercury reporter say one thing and another say something else? lol

Because one relies on the internet and actually looking, the other relies on the Official Club website.

"No don't see anything no the official news feed, must not be happening"

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stand firm. No sale. We don't need the money. 

which is the public stance and made to raise the price yanited will have to pay to get  their man. I suspect we have decided that if they don't make a knockout bid tomorrow then these two guys are the future in any case. we could loan out benkovic to a top championship club for next season if Maguire stays.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stand firm. No sale. We don't need the money. 

Bottom line is if we got an £80m offer then a 25yo centre half who has attracted a world record fee doesn't want to spend another season at Leicester.

I like Maguire, seems a great lad and a very good player but if we could trade him for these two centre halves and £40m then that's great business. Maguire going is far more palatable than Mahrez going. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Bottom line is if we got an £80m offer then a 25yo centre half who has attracted a world record fee doesn't want to spend another season at Leicester.

I like Maguire, seems a great lad and a very good player but if we could trade him for these two centre halves and £40m then that's great business. Maguire going is far more palatable than Mahrez going. 

And maybe, just maybe it could enable us to make a late move for another creative player. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Not if we've got sufficient replacements lined up. He'll go at some point and we'll never get a fee that good again. 

Have we got adequate replacements lined up though? What if Evans struggles with injury, Soyuncu turns out to be as guff as every other defender Arsenal have gone in for over the last few years and Benkovic isn't ready? We'd be stuffed.

1 minute ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

No matter what the price we shouldn't sell or its just the cycle starting over again. We sell Maguire now, we sell benkovic next year and we sell Soyuncu the year after

But that's how a lot of clubs our size operate. Buy low, sell high. Buy low again. And so on. It's risky business, and you don't really get any attachment to the players as they're in and out the door quickly. But as I said, many clubs, particularly on the continent, use this model successfully.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But that's how a lot of clubs our size operate. Buy low, sell high. Buy low again. And so on. It's risky business, and you don't really get any attachment to the players as they're in and out the door quickly. But as I said, many clubs, particularly on the continent, use this model successfully.

And the likes of Brentford and Southampton (up until recently) have used it very successfully here. 

• Like 2