Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

9 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I appreciate this but then the evidence is the same as If they just made it up.

In which case, who's to say they didn't just make it up?

Journalists, by and large, don't just make stuff up when it comes to transfer gossip.

Often it comes from conversations with clubs / players / managers / agents / DoFs / press officers / friends or family of players.

You get a steer / heads up on possible transfers. All of course have their own agendas about specific players.

Generally speaking the accounts to trust most are those of actual journalists.

The ones to generally avoid are faceless accounts who claim to be ITK - IndyKaila, Sean from Enderby, SecretAgent etc etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Journalists, by and large, don't just make stuff up when it comes to transfer gossip.

Often it comes from conversations with clubs / players / managers / agents / DoFs / press officers / friends or family of players.

You get a steer / heads up on possible transfers. All of course have their own agendas about specific players.

The ones to generally avoid are faceless accounts who claim to be ITK - IndyKaila, Sean from Enderby, SecretAgent etc etc

Oi you leave Sean out of it.

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

So.. is he going? :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I always assumed you were behind the Sean from Enderby account Geoff?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sean has been spot on all season, he's more credible than you

I'd report the fvckers (Sky) to Ofcom after the window tbh. It's blatantly obvious that they're peddling false information to try to engineer a move or boost their own coffers.

Edited by bluesbrothers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he decides to stay, he should be really appreciated and respected by the fans even more.

|I don't disagree with you often but I won't like him any more or any less.

If he'd came out at the start of the speculation and said I want at least another season with Leicester City but I do have ambition to play at the highest level, I would have respected him more. Silence has encouraged Man U to continue with this pursuit in this window.

That's not a slur on Maguire though, that's pretty much how most players/agents do it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

If he'd came out at the start of the speculation and said I want at least another season with Leicester City but I do have ambition to play at the highest level, I would have respected him more. Silence has encouraged Man U to continue with this pursuit in this window.

That's not a slur on Maguire though, that's pretty much how most players/agents do it now.

But do you really know if he's been silent? and do you really know if man utd are still pursuing him. For all anyone knows it could have been an enquiry or offer that was turned down very early on in the window and the press and media have just carried it on. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

But do you really know if he's been silent? and do you really know if man utd are still pursuing him. For all anyone knows it could have been an enquiry or offer that was turned down very early on in the window and the press and media have just carried it on. 

I think both of you make valid points, which just shows the craziness of the transfer window. There are some people with agendas and some decent journalists trying to find out what is true.

This does however seem to have rumbled on, and Maguire has made his ambition clear, without publicly behaving like mardy Mahrez.

My own opinion is that he’d be off to Man Utd without a thought, but the club won’t let him go right now. 

It would be a crazy time to sell, and make all the talk from the owners about being ambitious a nonsense. They hold all the cards here, not Man Utd. 

Mahrez was here for a long time before he went. Maguire has been here for one season and I’d tell him to get his head down because he’s going nowhere, but maybe I’m naive.

• Like 2

From the ONLY interview or quote from the player i read, isnt that exactly what he did say? Perhaps that was before all the interest from Man Utd though, im not good with time-lines.

I guess you also have to take into consideration he was on holiday for the majority of the interest and buggered if it was me and i had a choice to satisfy the fans or dance in some club in Ibiza, i know what i'd do. Pretty sure i know you would do the same :D 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think both of you make valid points, which just shows the craziness of the transfer window. There are some people with agendas and some decent journalists trying to find out what is true.

This does however seem to have rumbled on, and Maguire has made his ambition clear, without publicly behaving like mardy Mahrez.

My own opinion is that he’d be off to Man Utd without a thought, but the club won’t let him go right now. 

It would be a crazy time to sell, and make all the talk from the owners about being ambitious a nonsense. They hold all the cards here, not Man Utd. 

Mahrez was here for a long time before he went. Maguire has been here for one season and I’d tell him to get his head down because he’s going nowhere, but maybe I’m naive.

Well if one things for certain, we've at least got a starting value for him.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Imagine Leicester potentially recieving a world record fee for a defender. Really has been a mad 10 years lol.

Its actually this....

Some Fans should take a step back,and enjoy our journey.

Just to repeat and,just think about it again...

Imagine Leicester potentially recieving a world record fee for a defender. Really has been a mad 10 years lol.

23 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

You're spot on here I think.

I imagine he's had his head turned but he's best to stay silent as he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I don't think the club want to sell at all but if they were to accept a ridiculously high offer then big H would no doubt be off like a shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he decides to stay, he should be really appreciated and respected by the fans even more.

And if he Ieaves - 'Boo' him at the KP:ph34r:

2 hours ago, bluesbrothers said:

I'd report the fvckers (Sky) to Ofcom after the window tbh. It's blatantly obvious that they're peddling false information to try to engineer a move or boost their own coffers.

It'll be the new PPI. We'll be geting hounded by hundreds of phone calls, TV  adverts, pop ups on the Internet. 

'Placed a bet with sky-bet in the last 10 years? You could be owed thousands, let our team of lawyers help you claim for bets made following false rumours and made up bids, thousands more are, DONT MISS OUT'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2