Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Worked wonderfully for Drinkwater. 

The question was asked why, not whether it worked, however I'm pretty sure Kyle Walker is happy with his choice. However for every Walker, there is a Rodwell, Sinclair or a Drinkwater.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well he's better than Van dijk soooo

No his not........not yet, Dijk could just be marshaling a very average Liverpool defence to Champions League success.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

The question was asked why, not whether it worked, however I'm pretty sure Kyle Walker is happy with his choice. However for every Walker, there is a Rodwell, Sinclair or a Drinkwater.

No his not........not yet, Dijk could just be marshaling a very average Liverpool defence to Champions League success.

He said why would they move to sit on the bench you responded with the trophies and champioms league football ect. Hence the worked for Drinkwater. 

Van dijk is alright. He's no Harry Maguire though. Plus Liverpool won't win the champions league

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He said why would they move to sit on the bench you responded with the trophies and champioms league football ect. Hence the worked for Drinkwater. 

Van dijk is alright. He's no Harry Maguire though. Plus Liverpool won't win the champions league

We shall see.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Read Harry's latest post on his twitter account if you think he is going to leave.

Ok. He said our club was a stepping stone to the World Cup. Now let's see what sort of stepping stone it is to a bigger club.

That wasn't exactly a declaration of #remain or #Leicexit.

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some misrepresentation of that interview (from last August btw)

nowhere is ‘stepping stone’ mentioned ???

Nowhere did I say it was a direct quote and if you can't pull stepping stone out of  “I felt this was the club that could help me progress into the World Cup squad” then I really don't know what to tell you. It's indistinguishable wording.

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Nowhere did I say it was a direct quote and if you can't pull stepping stone out of  “I felt this was the club that could help me progress into the World Cup squad” then I really don't know what to tell you. It's indistinguishable wording.

I'm not getting 'stepping stone' from that quote either, I read it as him thinking he would be able to play every week at a decent level with us.

12 minutes ago, brucey said:

I'm not getting 'stepping stone' from that quote either, I read it as him thinking he would be able to play every week at a decent level with us.

He wasn't getting from Hull into the England squad. Hull > Us > England.

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He wasn't getting from Hull into the England squad. Hull > Us > England.

He wouldn't have got into the squad if he was still at Hull in the Championship now, sure. I can't be bothered to find it now, but Maguire has said somewhere that England first contacted him regarding his availability while he was at Hull (towards the end of their PL stay) but he missed out due to injury. So he was very likely to get into the squad anyway as long as he was playing regularly in any PL team. It's guaranteed playing time (and Shakespeare) that swayed him towards joining us. I do not believe he saw us (or currently sees us) as a 'stepping stone'. 

Edited by brucey

10 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Your post intimated that the article indicates that Maguire wasn’t committed to us and was using us purely a way of getting into the England’s set up. I didn’t get the lack of commitment to us.  

Just seen skybet, Man Utd are now hot favorites to sign Maguire at 7/4. 

I think were going to lose him on the Summer, why can't José go after Evans!, he's available

Pretty certain that harry will give a good account of himself in Russia. Bound to be interest from the top six - unless he has negotiated some kind of release clause then I cannot see the club allowing him to leave after just one year and he really shouldn’t be chucking his toys around in response. seems a sensible fella. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pretty certain that harry will give a good account of himself in Russia. Bound to be interest from the top six - unless he has negotiated some kind of release clause then I cannot see the club allowing him to leave after just one year and he really shouldn’t be chucking his toys around in response. seems a sensible fella. 

I know you have to take what a player says with a pinch if salt (we all do. Thankyou Mr. Dickov) but he's said a few times he's going nowhere because the club is progressing matches his ambitions and he wants to be part of that playing week in week out. 

Don't really see him as the type to chuck his toys out but wouldn't hold it against him if he did move to one of the 'elite' he's a fantastic player and at times this season it must have been infuriating playing in defence with some of those around him. 

1 hour ago, KJT said:

Just seen skybet, Man Utd are now hot favorites to sign Maguire at 7/4. 

I think were going to lose him on the Summer, why can't José go after Evans!, he's available

Why would we lose him? He’s under contract and we don’t need to sell, he ain’t going.

• Like 1

Maguire is a sharp lad. He is not going anywhere to ride the bench. As long as our club is moving forward next season, I see no reason for him to leave, 

Edited by gurru991
I could be wrong tho.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Maguire is a sharp lad. He is not going anywhere to ride the bench. As long as our club is moving forward next season, I see no reason for him to leave, 

He'd fit in Liverpool's back four pretty well, I'd say. Arsenal's defense needs someone like him. There will be bids for him coming this summer, I have no doubts.

We won't sell though.

Maguire is bound to attract attention from the top 6. Currently he is everything they are all clammering for.

tank - check

ball playing cb - check

confident on the ball - check

english - check

goal threat - check

can play in a 2 or 3 - check

He's currently the best English cb and will be in the England team for a considerable amouont of years, especially as his game definitely isn't based around pace so there's not really a big risk of significant decline in his early 30's.