Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

This move could happen tomorrow - reasoning that it won’t  because they club are resolutely stating he won’t be sold isn’t evidence - what would you expect them to say if they are intent on squeezing every last penny out of old Trafford.  I thought it notable that vardy was pictured in traing today but not Maguire. if it’s at all possible that he may be bought tomorrow then he wouldn’t be at the training ground as we got into detailed prep for Friday. 

Expect anything and everything and you won’t be disappointed! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This move could happen tomorrow - reasoning that it won’t  because they club are resolutely stating he won’t be sold isn’t evidence - what would you expect them to say if they are intent on squeezing every last penny out of old Trafford.  I thought it notable that vardy was pictured in traing today but not Maguire. if it’s at all possible that he may be bought tomorrow then he wouldn’t be at the training ground as we got into detailed prep for Friday. 

Am I the only person who wouldn’t be heart broken? He’s not world class now is he, he’s a good centre back. There’s plenty around. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think both of you make valid points, which just shows the craziness of the transfer window. There are some people with agendas and some decent journalists trying to find out what is true.

This does however seem to have rumbled on, and Maguire has made his ambition clear, without publicly behaving like mardy Mahrez.

My own opinion is that he’d be off to Man Utd without a thought, but the club won’t let him go right now. 

It would be a crazy time to sell, and make all the talk from the owners about being ambitious a nonsense. They hold all the cards here, not Man Utd. 

Mahrez was here for a long time before he went. Maguire has been here for one season and I’d tell him to get his head down because he’s going nowhere, but maybe I’m naive.

That's the most salient point for me and I totally agree.

It's a little different than the Mahrez thing, as you say. If Maguire is still here come the start of the season, I won't like him any less but I certainly won't like him any more either. That was really the point of my original reply to Wymeswold.

I would like, for once, someone like Maguire, to publicly say something like 'My transfer to Leicester has got me to where I stand at the start of this season, I've only been here for a season, I'm contracted to them and I think another season here at the least is what I expect to happen', That wouldn't rule anything out for him but it would show loyalty to us, especially so soon into his contract with us. I'm not blaming Maguire, they all do it. I suppose for me the disappointment is that, if a down to earth, northern lad like Maguire doesn't say that, no one will.

At least he didn't do a Courtois and refuse to return to the club paying his wages to try and force a transfer through.

That's just the depressing state of football in 2018.

I waffled on a bit there but I do agree with you, we should be able to tell him exactly what you said, unfortunately, players have all the power at this point in history.

I do wonder what would happen if a club did try to keep a player, pay his huge wages and make him rot in the reserves (as fans often suggest). I reckon the player would take the club to court for effectively suspending his career and probably win. Even though they were under contract. It's just too much trouble for the club to bother with so they usually just sell in the end.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How true,I am expecting him to be playing against us on Friday night.

People need to take anything from Sky with a huge pinch of salt hedging their bets and contradicting themselves every other minute. Maguire signed a 5 year deal, last summer but Sky reckon his contract now ends in 2020. They say United are only keen on 3 players yet name 4 on their website. They make money from advertising and publishing and un named sources mean very little. They will churn up crap to a toxic level over the next 18hrs or so

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

From the ONLY interview or quote from the player i read, isnt that exactly what he did say? Perhaps that was before all the interest from Man Utd though, im not good with time-lines.

I guess you also have to take into consideration he was on holiday for the majority of the interest and buggered if it was me and i had a choice to satisfy the fans or dance in some club in Ibiza, i know what i'd do. Pretty sure i know you would do the same :D 

No, it isn't. What he said was

Every player wants to play at the highest level,’  ‘I’ve just come back from playing at a World Cup, where I really enjoyed the high pressure of the games.‘It was something that I really thrived off. ‘Leicester have been unbelievable to me and I’m really happy there but I’m also an ambitious player and everyone wants to play at the top.’

Which is very different from what I posted I'd have liked him to have said. If the report above is true, it actively encouraged Man U to pursue him. If he said what I posted, they may have still pursued him but he wouldn't have been verbally endorsing it.

He's a football player. While he plays with us, I'll support him. 

10 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

They are desperate lol

Imagine after all the defenders they've been linked with they only manage to sign Robert Huth; as Mourinho believes 'his experience will be crucial for the team'..:whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

13 minutes ago, katieakita said:

People need to take anything from Sky with a huge pinch of salt hedging their bets and contradicting themselves every other minute. Maguire signed a 5 year deal, last summer but Sky reckon his contract now ends in 2020. They say United are only keen on 3 players yet name 4 on their website. They make money from advertising and publishing and un named sources mean very little. They will churn up crap to a toxic level over the next 18hrs or so

Sky just seem to throw so much shit at the wall hoping some of it will stick. They're often not much better than those crap no-mark click bait websites.

Jeff Stelling is alright though. And Chris Kamara.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Imagine after all the defenders they've been linked with, only to manage to sign Robert Huth, as Mourinho believes 'his experience will be crucial for the team'..

And then some bollocks about he knows how good he is because of his time at Chelsea when they were both their together.