Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

9 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Blimey, talk about fake news.

I wasn't reporting fake news. If you go back to what I originally posted on this subject, it was that I would have liked him to state he hadn't been here long but he believes he'll be here another season'. He didn't say that either.

Edited by Max Wall
Idiocy

I think Maguire has behaved admirably in the circumstances. He is currently negotiating a new contract so would want to keep some pressure on. Even so he hasn’t behaved anything like Mahrez, or for that matter Vardy in 2016. Remember that saga? Arguably started the whole destabilisation of the post title team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robin JD Popley said:

God they're salty, aren't they? 

Never been that keen on Utd anyway but I'd love it if he stays with us, plays against the odds on Friday and scores the winner.

José's face would be a picture.

Gee not like our fans on FT at all!!!!  LOL

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I wasn't reporting fake news. If you go back to what I originally posted on this subject, it was that I would have liked him to state he hadn't been here long but he believes he'll be here another season'. He didn't say that either.

Are you sure I'm the poster you're looking for? Cba arguing with you over a point I wasn't making tbh.

No not at all ! I meant that some on here were saying like it was fact I was agreeing with you Max.

• Like 1

The major concern here is the lack of communication from Maguire himself. He’s not come out and stated he’d like to stay at Leicester for another 12 months etc

Ultimately though, you look elsewhere, if Manchester United offer £80,000,000, then realise that other defenders lare going for a lot less. You’ve got to realise that they’d be paying way over the top.

Mina - £45,000,000 (supposed)

Vida - £27,000,000 (supposed)

Diakhaby - £15,000,000

De Vrij - went on a free!! 

Lenglet - £35,000,000

Gibson - £15,000,000

Mawson - £15,000,000

Caldara - £35,000,000

Pavard - £40,000,000 (supposed)

Alderweireld - £55,000,000 (supposed)

Tah - £35,000,000 (supposed)

Rugani - £45,000,000 (supposed)

When you look at those, is Harry worth significantly more? 

His stock is is inflated by the World Cup, similar to Mina. You could have purchased a decent, solid, defensive back 3 for the money we’re after!! 

The only issue I have with bringing in a younger replacement at this stage, is the language barrier and time to settle into the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

The major concern here is the lack of communication from Maguire himself. He’s not come out and stated he’d like to stay at Leicester for another 12 months etc

Ultimately though, you look elsewhere, if Manchester United offer £80,000,000, then realise that other defenders lare going for a lot less. You’ve got to realise that they’d be paying way over the top.

Diakhaby - £15,000,000

Lenglet - £35,000,000

Gibson - £15,000,000

Mawson - £15,000,000

Caldara - £35,000,000

His stock is is inflated by the World Cup, similar to Mina. You could have purchased a decent, solid, defensive back 3 for the money we’re after!! 

The only issue I have with bringing in a younger replacement at this stage, is the language barrier and time to settle into the club.

The 80 million is because we do not want to sell him.  If United pay the 80 miillion then that is what he is worth to them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Motty said:

The 80 million is because we do not want to sell him.  If United pay the 80 miillion then that is what he is worth to them.

The twitter twaddle from yesterday evening referencing done deals is in the 40/50m region. that’s interesting in itself given the media have reported we have turned down 60m (unless the 60m included huge amount add ons). I don’t see any way that united will pay more than 60/70m inc add ons for Maguire. I can’t see that the owners would sanction a sale at that level but on a human level if he is actually being offered 200k per week at the ‘biggest club in world football’  ...........  

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Diakhaby - £15,000,000

Lenglet - £35,000,000

Gibson - £15,000,000

Mawson - £15,000,000

Caldara - £35,000,000

He's not going to say anything though is he. All of a sudden an absolutely obscene bid comes in and our owners think 'We really can't turn that down'  the club accept it, he's off.

He would get crucified for swearing his loyalty. At the end of the day Leicester City are just his employer.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Diakhaby - £15,000,000

Lenglet - £35,000,000

Gibson - £15,000,000

Mawson - £15,000,000

Caldara - £35,000,000

As a Leicester fan of course we'd love to hear this, but it would be bad business for Harry if he were to say things like that.

It's been reported that he will be offered a new deal. If he were to start saying things like that his agent would be telling him to keep quiet as the club could offer less in his new wage packet.

The quieter he stays the more edgey the club get, the more likely they are to offer a better deal to see off any potential suites for another year.

He knows his stock his high right now and he knows he'll probably be offered just as much to stay here as he would be by moving on. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

As a Leicester fan of course we'd love to hear this, but it would be bad business for Harry if he were to say things like that.

It's been reported that he will be offered a new deal. If he were to start saying things like that his agent would be telling him to keep quiet as the club could offer less in his new wage packet.

The quieter he stays the more edgey the club get, the more likely they are to offer a better deal to see off any potential suites for another year.

He knows his stock his high right now and he knows he'll probably be offered just as much to stay here as he would be by moving on. 

I guarantee he will be better off by moving on ...........

the club won’t make a statement that he isn’t for sale, nor will the player publically commit. At the end of the day the club is a business  and the player is a professional with an agent. Once something is agreed (be it a sale or new contract) then public statements will obviously be forthcoming. 

• Like 1

If we keep him and they are interested it’s a big deal, and it could really effect him. Fact of tha matter is we will never offer anything like the wages he could get there, and we know he might not maintain his performances or progress and he may never get the chance again off the back of a World Cup semi. Tricky. 

As a saleable item. i cant imagine a time when Harry would bring us a greater profit. (thats not to deny his "value" to us as a team).

If we dont sell at $60 million today... and then they come back at 70 million in January... that $10 million is lost in the absurd increases of Premier league players.

If we are EVER going to sell him, then lets do it now, but if the owners intend on making/encouraging him to stay with us for 5-7 more years, then no sale.

Edited by ozleicester

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

No not at all ! I meant that some on here were saying like it was fact I was agreeing with you Max.

Oh, haha, :thumbup:

I'm now starting to argue with people agreeing with me. Not sure social media is really my platform. My apologies @Bunyip

Edited by Max Wall

19 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maguire doesn't need to state his loyalty, it's not up to him whether the club accept a bid for him is it?

No one has to. It would be nice if someone did for once though.

• Like 1

Just now, Max Wall said:

No one has to. It would be nice if someone did for once though.

He's the best thing by just ignoring all the rubbish and concentrating on his pre season. If he came out and said something United would know we were rattled (which we are not!). 

Looking forward to watchig the Manure scramble round for a defender all day. Lol