Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

Just now, srbfox said:

He's the best thing by just ignoring all the rubbish and concentrating on his pre season. If he came out and said something United would know we were rattled (which we are not!). 

Looking forward to watchig the Manure scramble round for a defender all day. Lol

:thumbup:

Really hope that we can cling onto him. 

If we sell now then we are just setting ourselves up for more disappointment in the future, we can't just pull our trousers down every time one of the big boys sniffs around. I could 'accept' £85m + and admittedly something near to that would be a huge fee, but ultimately anything above what we paid for him wouldn't put us into the negative and getting £85m in doesn't guarantee that we will spend that money wisely. If the club knew that selling him was a possibility then they should have also got the Turkish lad in much sooner. I don't like the idea of heading into the new season with Morgan, Benny and two young CB's who have 0 prem experience and have spent no time with the squad.

54 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

It scrapes the barrel if they are actually after kurt zouma!  Their scouting system must be terrible.

I get the impression that their scouting system is very lazy.

We're Man Utd we can buy who we like, just look through the list of big names that all the media tout and put bids in for them.

Arrogance is what it is.

2 hours ago, Livid said:

He's not going to say anything though is he. All of a sudden an absolutely obscene bid comes in and our owners think 'We really can't turn that down'  the club accept it, he's off.

He would get crucified for swearing his loyalty. At the end of the day Leicester City are just his employer.

Wasn't that essentially what happened with Delph when he was at Villa? Skips a medical at Man City and swears loyalty to Villa as club captain, then changes his mind and transfers to Man City a week later lol Hero to zero with Villa fans in an instant.

Holding on to Harry until at least January will undoubtedly lose us value if we do come to sell him later down the line, but obviously our owners think he's worth that sacrifice. We'll still be able to get at least £40m for him (I'd like to think at least £50m, like Stones) as a young(ish) England starter with several years left on his contract, after all. Losing him would mean we'd either have Morgan/Benny or a more-or-less completely new back line for this season, and if that puts us at risk of relegation then keping Harry would have been worth a lot more than whatever we would miss out on by not selling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Talksport are on it today, according to Alan, Leicester have a duty to allow Maguire to go to Utd. Better ring them up.

At least big Sam is fighting our corner 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Wasn't that essentially what happened with Delph when he was at Villa? Skips a medical at Man City and swears loyalty to Villa as club captain, then changes his mind and transfers to Man City a week later lol Hero to zero with Villa fans in an instant.

Holding on to Harry until at least January will undoubtedly lose us value if we do come to sell him later down the line, but obviously our owners think he's worth that sacrifice. We'll still be able to get at least £40m for him (I'd like to think at least £50m, like Stones) as a young(ish) England starter with several years left on his contract, after all. Losing him would mean we'd either have Morgan/Benny or a more-or-less completely new back line for this season, and if that puts us at risk of relegation then keping Harry would have been worth a lot more than whatever we would miss out on by not selling.

Sorry, but I disagree with this. If Harry has a good first half to the season, it will first of all show that he was not a one season wonder. Also if a team is desperate for a new defender in January, we all know that there is a premium to pay as teams dont want to lose their best players mid season.

My gut feeling is Utd will eventually land Toby Alderweireld. Spurs are silly letting him go for nothing at the end of the year, especially when he has stated his desire to leave. Last I heard they had bid again, but no mention of it being rejected... 

6 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Sorry, but I disagree with this. If Harry has a good first half to the season, it will first of all show that he was not a one season wonder. Also if a team is desperate for a new defender in January, we all know that there is a premium to pay as teams dont want to lose their best players mid season.

He'll have lost the World Cup hype by then which - let's be honest - is significantly inflating his value. Utd will probably sign a different defender this summer if not Harry so they won't be as desperate, and there's noone else who has really shown any interest.

It'd be a risk that he has a good first half of the season, and we've set the price so high this summer that there's not much wiggle-room for it to go higher.

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

What a tosser, along with Murphy. No respect for any club outside the top 6. 

These aren't actually their opinions, Talksport make their money by winding people up enough to ring up their phone lines and comment. Tossers like Murphy, Mills and Savage keep themselves in jobs by being total bell ends and stoking debate. In the age of clicks and social media response, winding people up and stoking a conversation is seen as being more desirable by some companies than people talking sense that most sane people would agree with.

• Like 3

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Moaninho has just announced that ManUre will be making no new signings today. A smokescreen or fact?

Mind games.  They will sign somebody.

People will realise soon what a great player were about to sign SOYONUCU  absolute steal at £19 million.. get the kids signature before the big clubs realise, what a coup.. never thought id  say it but.. well done Rudders.Keep Harry and its been good window

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

As a saleable item. i cant imagine a time when Harry would bring us a greater profit. (thats not to deny his "value" to us as a team).

If we dont sell at $60 million today... and then they come back at 70 million in January... that $10 million is lost in the absurd increases of Premier league players.

If we are EVER going to sell him, then lets do it now, but if the owners intend on making/encouraging him to stay with us for 5-7 more years, then no sale.

Pretty sure he won't be priced in Aussie Dollars, bro. :D

• Haha 1