Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

These aren't actually their opinions, Talksport make their money by winding people up enough to ring up their phone lines and comment. Tossers like Murphy, Mills and Savage keep themselves in jobs by being total bell ends and stoking debate. In the age of clicks and social media response, winding people up and stoking a conversation is seen as being more desirable by some companies than people talking sense that most sane people would agree with.

Still gotta luv Savage for the 'third in a two-horse race' comment.  Not an original remark, but hilariously appropriate at the time.

1 minute ago, dpjfox said:

People will realise soon what a great player were about to sign SOYONUCU  absolute steal at £19 million.. get the kids signature before the big clubs realise, what a coup.. never thought id  say it but.. well done Rudders.Keep Harry and its been good window

'People will soon realise' - you mean you know this player very well then?

8 minutes ago, dpjfox said:

People will realise soon what a great player were about to sign SOYONUCU  absolute steal at £19 million.. get the kids signature before the big clubs realise, what a coup.. never thought id  say it but.. well done Rudders.Keep Harry and its been good window

Is this the player Arsenal offered 35 mill for and got turned down last year

What we could be doing is signing these 2 new young CB's anyway, no matter what happens.

Then setting a ridiculous price on Maguire, which if Man Utd panic and are stupid enough to offer it this afternoon, we'll let him leave?

But if he stays we are happy anyway.

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Is this the player Arsenal offered 35 mill for and got turned down last year

They were quoted the price as £35m (in June) but afaik they never actually submitted an offer.

Seems like either Freiburg have suddenly become desperate to cash in on one of their most valuable assets and made a significant cut to the asking fee in the last 2 months (unlikely) OR the first offer/quote never actually happened.

Just now, Xen said:

They were quoted the price as £35m (in June) but afaik they never actually submitted an offer.

Seems like either Freiburg have suddenly become desperate to cash in on one of their most valuable assets and made a significant cut to the asking fee in the last 2 months (unlikely) OR the first offer/quote never actually happened.

We have plenty of players available and their window still open........

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1001100/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-bid-Jose-Mourinho-Leciester-Deadline-Day-2018

Man Utd transfer news: £100m Harry Maguire bid claim made as Jose Mourinho looks to spend
MANCHESTER UNITED will have to submit a “ridiculous” offer in order to land Leicester star Harry Maguire.
By ANDY WILSON
PUBLISHED: 09:21, Thu, Aug 9, 2018 | UPDATED: 09:44, Thu, Aug 9, 2018  

That’s according to former Foxes captain Matt Elliott, who thinks his old club won’t be tempted to sell unless a bid comes in around the £100million mark.

Maguire has been a summer-long target for United, but his fine World Cup exploits with England have pushed up Leicester’s valuation of one of their top assets.

It’s been reported that United have seen two bids turned down already, with the second bid said to be in the region of £60m.

Mourinho has also been linked with Toby Alderweireld, Jerome Boateng and Yerry Mina this summer but the former Hull defender appears to be the preferred choice.

Elliott, who made 245 appearances for the Foxes, expects Maguire to remain at the King Power Stadium for the upcoming season unless United launch a world-record bid for the defender.

“I think Harry Maguire will still be a Leicester player tomorrow,” he said.

“I know the Leicester owners reasonably well and they will be determined to keep a player of his stature unless a ridiculous offer comes in.

“To get Maguire, Manchester United will have to pay well over the odds, something in the region of £100m.

“Are they really going to pay that?”

Despite United’s best intentions to strengthen over the summer, club legend Paul Scholes does not expect his old side to be competing with rivals Manchester City for the title this season.

"I just don't see United getting closer to City,” he said.

“City are a really good side, great manager, some great players, a way of playing that they all know about and Manchester United seem to be not too sure what's going on.

Man Utd transfer news: Ex-Foxes skipper Matt Elliot does not expect Maguire to leave (Image: GETTY)
"You don't really know the team, you don't really know the players, you don't know how they're going to perform from one week to the next.

“So I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them challenging for the league this year."

United open their Premier League campaign against Leicester tomorrow evening at Old Trafford (8pm).

Man Utd transfer news: Former Leicester capatin

Just an excuse to post a Matt Elliott

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think like the Drinkwater situation we've told Man Utd our price and they don't want to pay it.

Assuming we have both Benkovic and Soyuncu signed up we're in a good position to let Maguire go for an eye watering offer. 

I'm at ease with it all, if he stays then we've got one of the best selection of centre halves in the PL with Maguire, Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic and if he goes for somethling like £80m then that's fantastic business by us. To bring in two of the most highly rated young centre halves and about £40m is superb. I'm a great believer in selling players at their peak values for clubs like ours, we done it with Drinkwater and we might do it with Maguire. 

I agree with all of that.

Personally I hope Man Utd don't offer our asking price, because I would rather him stay.  But if they do I think he'll go.  In other words he is for sale at the right (very high) price.

• Like 1

I love Maguire but I really feel we could take advantage of the going ons at United and rinse them with a deal for Maguire. Slap a £100m price tag on him and see how it plays out 

Feels like we’re in total control of this deal as Maguire isn’t the sort of personality to turn this situation ugly a la Mahrez

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, davieG said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1001100/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-bid-Jose-Mourinho-Leciester-Deadline-Day-2018

Man Utd transfer news: £100m Harry Maguire bid claim made as Jose Mourinho looks to spend
MANCHESTER UNITED will have to submit a “ridiculous” offer in order to land Leicester star Harry Maguire.
By ANDY WILSON
PUBLISHED: 09:21, Thu, Aug 9, 2018 | UPDATED: 09:44, Thu, Aug 9, 2018  

That’s according to former Foxes captain Matt Elliott, who thinks his old club won’t be tempted to sell unless a bid comes in around the £100million mark.

Maguire has been a summer-long target for United, but his fine World Cup exploits with England have pushed up Leicester’s valuation of one of their top assets.

It’s been reported that United have seen two bids turned down already, with the second bid said to be in the region of £60m.

Mourinho has also been linked with Toby Alderweireld, Jerome Boateng and Yerry Mina this summer but the former Hull defender appears to be the preferred choice.

Elliott, who made 245 appearances for the Foxes, expects Maguire to remain at the King Power Stadium for the upcoming season unless United launch a world-record bid for the defender.

“I think Harry Maguire will still be a Leicester player tomorrow,” he said.

“I know the Leicester owners reasonably well and they will be determined to keep a player of his stature unless a ridiculous offer comes in.

“To get Maguire, Manchester United will have to pay well over the odds, something in the region of £100m.

“Are they really going to pay that?”

Despite United’s best intentions to strengthen over the summer, club legend Paul Scholes does not expect his old side to be competing with rivals Manchester City for the title this season.

"I just don't see United getting closer to City,” he said.

“City are a really good side, great manager, some great players, a way of playing that they all know about and Manchester United seem to be not too sure what's going on.

Man Utd transfer news: Ex-Foxes skipper Matt Elliot does not expect Maguire to leave (Image: GETTY)
"You don't really know the team, you don't really know the players, you don't know how they're going to perform from one week to the next.

“So I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them challenging for the league this year."

United open their Premier League campaign against Leicester tomorrow evening at Old Trafford (8pm).

Man Utd transfer news: Former Leicester capatin

Just an excuse to post a Matt Elliott

Oooo counter sh*t stir.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think like the Drinkwater situation we've told Man Utd our price and they don't want to pay it.

Assuming we have both Benkovic and Soyuncu signed up we're in a good position to let Maguire go for an eye watering offer. 

I'm at ease with it all, if he stays then we've got one of the best selection of centre halves in the PL with Maguire, Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic and if he goes for somethling like £80m then that's fantastic business by us. To bring in two of the most highly rated young centre halves and about £40m is superb. I'm a great believer in selling players at their peak values for clubs like ours, we done it with Drinkwater and we might do it with Maguire. 

we may be looking to move Benny with Benkovic and Soyuncu.  we have Johnson as well as young players to back up Evans, Harry and Wes.

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Oh, haha, :thumbup:

I'm now starting to argue with people agreeing with me. Not sure social media is really my platform. My apologies @Bunyip

That's ok Max I'm always putting my foot in it, social media is not my forte I'm afraid.