Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Would be a brilliant signing. I doubt he’ll go there though

What would he cost though at 32 years old?

I honestly wouldn't want Mourinho here if we had the chance. A dinosaur in today's game and completely upstaged by Guardiola despite having similar budgets. He only ever lasts in a job about three years at a time and only thinks of himself that's why he never gives youngsters a chance and just signs players for the present. Spending big money on a 32 year old is typical of him because he won't be there to watch him deteriorate as he gets older. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I think like the Drinkwater situation we've told Man Utd our price and they don't want to pay it.

Assuming we have both Benkovic and Soyuncu signed up we're in a good position to let Maguire go for an eye watering offer. 

I'm at ease with it all, if he stays then we've got one of the best selection of centre halves in the PL with Maguire, Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic and if he goes for somethling like £80m then that's fantastic business by us. To bring in two of the most highly rated young centre halves and about £40m is superb. I'm a great believer in selling players at their peak values for clubs like ours, we done it with Drinkwater and we might do it with Maguire. 

He’ll go in the next window and we’ve got our starting  price plus we’ll have two ready made defenders to replace him

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

‘Sky sources’ say so. So no he hasn’t 

From what I can work out not officially and not on the record so they can’t quote him but either him or his agent is dropping big hints to the media and for sure are dangling carrots United’s way.... however I don’t believe he would be unprofessional enough to hand in a transfer request.... certainly not after one season...

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

What would he cost though at 32 years old?

I honestly wouldn't want Mourinho here if we had the chance. A dinosaur in today's game and completely upstaged by Guardiola despite having similar budgets. He only ever lasts in a job about three years at a time and only thinks of himself that's why he never gives youngsters a chance and just signs players for the present. Spending big money on a 32 year old is typical of him because he won't be there to watch him deteriorate as he gets older. 

It’s Jose’s typical short term outlook born out of the pressure of the top teams demanding results NOW. How many incredible youth prospects has the guy let slip through his fingers?   He is a joke these days but the pressure in some top clubs is stifling the opportunities for younger players - they all pretty much want the finished article. 

4 minutes ago, Westlife said:

What a sense of humour . . .

Screenshot_20180809-114153~2.png

Hopefully to play too! Can see him starting with Vardy being used from the bench. Here's hoping! 

I'm confident Evans will be busting a gut to play at his old club too

• Like 1