Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

I don't know how people can be so confident. An extra million or so a year, playing in the champs league, a better chance of medals? Why wouldn't he want to leave? What chance do the owners have of forcing him a stay against his will? I don't know if he'll stay or go but it's not a certainty either way.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't know how people can be so confident. An extra million or so a year, playing in the champs league, a better chance of medals? Why wouldn't he want to leave? What chance do the owners have of forcing him a stay against his will? I don't know if he'll stay or go but it's not a certainty either way.

How longs he got left on his contract? Can’t see the owners selling if it’s more than 2-3 years.

I can see him having a good world cup, coming back and there will be plenty of interest, however a bit like Mahrez, we hold the cards, he's under contract and we don't need to sell, can't see him throwing a massive strop, so I think we get another season out of him, then he may well evaluate where we and he is at, if we get European football via a league place or a Cup, then he'd stay, if he's had another good year but has been standout in a average team, you have to think if you're in demand you move.

If a top side comes in, then why wouldn't you go for the regular European football, the chance to earn more money etc, he clearly is different to someone like Drinky, I know players back their ability, but did Drinky really think he'd go to Chelsea and play week in week out, I think Harry as he showed by moving to us knowing he would play, would make a more considered move as he probably realises your career is short in this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

How longs he got left on his contract? Can’t see the owners selling if it’s more than 2-3 years.

Players and agents can force moves now. The board don't want another player going on strike and all the bad publicity that that entails.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Players and agents can force moves now. The board don't want another player going on strike and all the bad publicity that that entails.

The board won’t give a shit about that I don’t think, they’ll want him to play until he refuses to sign another contract and then sell him for the greatest profit when there’s only 1-2 years left on it. The difference was with RM was that he signed an improved deal and wanted out because he had had other verbal assurances that were not honoured.

• Like 1

Offering Maguire fresh terms with a slight increase and a few more bonuses for European football/further International caps might be a sensible move after the World Cup. Achievable targets which would signal his improvement as a footballer and our improvement as a club. Keeps him sweet.

I'm pretty relaxed about Maguire's situation though. I don't doubt he'll shine in Russia, as he has done all year, but I think he'll be here for another season at least. He seems like the kind of guy to take sensible progressive steps and would rise up to the idea of the team being built around him.

If Manure is offering Spuds 75M for 29-year-old Toby Jug, Harry would have to cost the same, wouldn't he??   Mind you we have Rudkinell and Spuds have Daniel Levy.

Maguire is contracted for another four more years with no release clause. 

The club can't afford to sell Maguire this summer as well as Mahrez as we then look like Southampton when the big clubs can just waltz in and cherry pick our best players. The only way we'll sell is if we get a brilliant offer and the manager believes he can bring a centre half in who is just as good and a lot cheaper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

In rare instances they can, but only if the player is willing to ruin his reputation by going on strike, which most aren't. I strongly suspect that Maguire isn't the kind of player to do that. As others have stated, the only way he will leave is if somebody comes in with a ludicrous offer.

Dont know why there is a even a thread for this 1Million% Maguire will not be sold.

Also

He is extremely happy at Leicester and wants to succeed here.

The owners wont even entertain any bid made for him and i mean ANY as they have stated just another pointless thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

If you get a reputation as a club who will cave in to the big boys then how can you hope to attract top players?

Why would they sign if they think the best players around could disappear a week later?

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Maguire is contracted for another four more years with no release clause. 

The club can't afford to sell Maguire this summer as well as Mahrez as we then look like Southampton when the big clubs can just waltz in and cherry pick our best players. The only way we'll sell is if we get a brilliant offer and the manager believes he can bring a centre half in who is just as good and a lot cheaper. 

This

Just now, hackneyfox said:

If you get a reputation as a club who will cave in to the big boys then how can you hope to attract top players?

Why would they sign if they think the best players around could disappear a week later?

This

Why would they sign for you if they thought you'd stop them moving on to a bigger club?

Just now, Webbo said:

Why would they sign for you if they thought you'd stop them moving on to a bigger club?

I think the notion is that we would be an attractive prospect ourselves and they should want to sign for us based on that.

Its not like we wont let people leave. Its just we wont let them leave for below market value. And we wont let someone leave one year into their contract

Having said that, if someone offers 100 million for Harry, who could blame the owners

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

There's always a bigger club whoever you are.

The top 4 don't sell unless it's for stupid money and they believe they can get a replacement, we need to be seen to be taking the same attitude. I don't see any bad publicity in refusing to sell your assets, especially if you haven't agreed with them that they can leave at a certain price.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:04, Webbo said:

That went particularly well for Mahrez.

Just now, Webbo said:

Is he going to be here next season then?

We don't know. Unlikely to say the least.

What we do know though, is that he didn't go in january despite him trying to force a move.

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

We don't know. Unlikely to say the least.

What we do know though, is that he didn't go in january despite him trying to force a move.

That's because the window closed. If Man City had bid early he would have been gone.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's because the window closed. If Man City had bid early he would have been gone.

it seemed to come out the bid came 2 weeks before the window shut compared to the last day saga first made out by the media

On 24/05/2018 at 09:56, Webbo said:

Riyad is still here. 

When have our owners ever been pushed around? If he's under contract and has no release clause then he's our player. 

There's no chance Maguire is going after one season unless someone pays silly money for him.