Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maguire

3 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

Does anybody think Maguire transfer to Utd could go like Mahrez, a gentlemen's agreement on where we finish?

If we don't get European football he's off come end of the season?

United can get Toby Alderweirled for  £25m in January I think so I doubt they will be after Harry.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

United can get Toby Alderweirled for  £25m in January I think so I doubt they will be after Harry.

Why might they not want both?

I think the club made it's stance about selling important players in January clear 7 months ago.

The lads not uttered a murmur of being unhappy and has years to run on his deal. I think we are safe until the end of the season.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

According to John Percy, he’s about to sign a new contract with us. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/14/leicester-close-agreeing-new-75000-a-week-deal-england-defender/

Also says Ndidi is having talks about a new deal too. Really exciting to keep this bunch of players together!

Edited by StriderHiryu

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/14/leicester-close-agreeing-new-75000-a-week-deal-england-defender/

Also says Ndidi is having talks about a new deal too. Really exciting to keep this bunch of players together!

Paying Maguire 75k/week is a short term nod to the fact we won’t sell him this season.  If we thought we could keep him (via conversations with the player/agent) then we would be offering him 100k/week+.  it’s clear from this figure that we are resigned to losing him either next summer or the window after (more likely the summer).  His agent could have got him a bigger rise by indicating the player had no desire to leave the club. The club is under no obligation to increase his current salary if the player wants to leave in twelve months. The best case scenario is that this is a holding position for a year pending further discussions next may. 

• Like 3

Probably a similar thing with Mahrez in that he will have a gentleman's agreement and will be allowed to leave if the right money comes in early in the summer window. If he plays as well as he did last season and continues to perform for England then I don't know how ridiculous that sum will be mind you.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Paying Maguire 75k/week is a short term nod to the fact we won’t sell him this season.  If we thought we could keep him (via conversations with the player/agent) then we would be offering him 100k/week+.  it’s clear from this figure that we are resigned to losing him either next summer or the window after (more likely the summer).  His agent could have got him a bigger rise by indicating the player had no desire to leave the club. The club is under no obligation to increase his current salary if the player wants to leave in twelve months. The best case scenario is that this is a holding position for a year pending further discussions next may. 

I thought something similar. £75k a week is peanuts if you're being talked about as a world record transfer fee for a defender but Maguire still had 4 years of a £40-£45k a week contract so it made sense for him to sign a new one. It also explains why we signed Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic this summer to have that void already filled. There's even a possibility a massive European club tries to get him later this month and we're prepared for his sale. Real Madrid have had tentative links to him. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/719832/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-Real-Madrid-Jose-Mourinho-Leicester-enter-race-MUFC

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Probably a similar thing with Mahrez in that he will have a gentleman's agreement and will be allowed to leave if the right money comes in early in the summer window. If he plays as well as he did last season and continues to perform for England then I don't know how ridiculous that sum will be mind you.

He is worth more than 75k/week

if Percy is right then there is a reason we aren’t increasing his deal to reflect what he is worth

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if Percy is right then there is a reason we aren’t increasing his deal to reflect what he is worth

He is worth more than 75k going on current salaries. But it may be a case that he's on a super bonus if he performs and the team are successful. This is the best approach in my opinion for clubs like us. Success should bring it's own rewards.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We have no real need to up his money with him having four years left. Adding a bit now shows you value him, but at least gives us somewhere to go next summer if he has a stormer, rather than jumping straight up to £100k and then not being able to up the money any more.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have no real need to up his money with him having four years left. Adding a bit now shows you value him, but at least gives us somewhere to go next summer if he has a stormer, rather than jumping straight up to £100k and then not being able to up the money any more.

I get that babs but if a top six club really was interested then he would be earning 130k+ now 

from his perspective he will appreciat that we don’t have to sell him but I would be miffed to be offered so much less than JV 

it sort of tells me the club are resigned to him going so don’t want to throw too much at him in the meantime - maybe there is a 2m bonus next summer if he stays ???

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I get that babs but if a top six club really was interested then he would be earning 130k+ now 

from his perspective he will appreciat that we don’t have to sell him but I would be miffed to be offered so much less than JV 

it sort of tells me the club are resigned to him going so don’t want to throw too much at him in the meantime - maybe there is a 2m bonus next summer if he stays ???

Well, he's not at a top 6 club and £75,000 is still huge money. Most of the Spurs squad don't earn that. Players like Alderweireld, Trippier, Rose are reported to be on less. Smalling and Shaw reported to be on less or similar amounts.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with what defenders are earning elsewhere. Let alone what clubs like Leicester can offer them.

Vardy is a legend, a 20 goal a season striker and premier league winner, Maguire shouldn't be close to it just yet after one good season IMO.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well, he's not at a top 6 club and £75,000 is still huge money. Most of the Spurs squad don't earn that. Players like Alderweireld, Trippier, Rose are reported to be on less. Smalling and Shaw reported to be on less or similar amounts.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with what defenders are earning elsewhere. Let alone what clubs like Leicester can offer them.

Vardy is a legend, a 20 goal a season striker and premier league winner, Maguire shouldn't be close to it just yet after one good season IMO.

Smalling has been there years and isn’t in high demand, his wages reflect that.

Shaw was bought when he was very young, his wages will have been modest in comparison to most of the Man Utd squad but huge for a 19/20 year old when he signed his first contract there. He hasn’t done anything to earn a big pay rise. 

Poor comparisons.