Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel interview with Glenn Hoddle

Hoddle seems well up his arse lol but it's a good read and to be fair, past the abysmal commentary, I don't think Hoddle's got a bad football brain at all - although not having his comment at all about us being better now than when we won the league. That's the definition of footballing snobbery.

There are small things like this that make me think I'd like to see him given the chance to shape things his way, but we've got to be a lot more convincing on the pitch to buy that time, and we've been wank for a while.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This is exactly what we need... Puel to build a team and given time to do it. He's inherited a squad that's used to hoofing and still trying to change our style even though we're still starting the likes of Morgan. It's tough.

He needs time. If we keep on sacking managers eventually we'll go down.

He’s making it tougher by starting Morgan. 

56 minutes ago, Raj said:

I switch off whenever Puels on the media. He's a boring tw@t

He is speaking in a foreign language to be fair ( albeit poorly for a man in his position ). If l tried speaking French, l would hardly come across as Mr Exciting either. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

He is speaking in a foreign language to be fair ( albeit poorly for a man in his position ). If l tried speaking French, l would hardly come across as Mr Exciting either. 

Rubbish arguement.

The like of Ranieri,ConteKlopp,Guardialo etc...all have English as a second language but you could listen to them for hours. The passion shines through. This bloke is just bland. When you see images of him telling Appleton things on the bench you can tell Appleton is just thinking about what he's having for dinner!!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raj said:

Rubbish arguement.

The like of Ranieri,ConteKlopp,Guardialo etc...all have English as a second language but you could listen to them for hours. The passion shines through. This bloke is just bland. When you see images of him telling Appleton things on the bench you can tell Appleton is just thinking about what he's having for dinner!!!

I understand your positive comments regarding Klopp & Guardiola. Conte just rants/jumps up & down (passion ?) is miserable during interviews, ( see yesterdays, when they won ), Claudio, lovely man as we all agree on, but hardly a man of passion, the season he was sacked, he looked and sounded clueless. We both have have different opinions Raj, that’s all :thumbup:

• Like 2

To back this man and give him a reasonable amount of time with his own signings is surely the only sensible thing to do. For those doubting he has a vision well it's here to see. It also tells us what he sees he's inherrited and i think his reading of it is spot on. To try and replicate what went before without the same players makes us relegation fodder. He's trying to do it however with some unsuitable players some of which are incapable or unwilling to change.

Until some of these players are dispensed with, whoever the manager is, the club will be unable to move forward. This season we have to put up with dull short term pain for long term gain I believe. If we're not patient and clamber manager after manager for quick fix entertainment then I honestly believe Championship football beckons.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Play better football than when we won the league according to Hoddle.

Maybe in our own half going backwards.

Well I get the impression Hoddle thinks there is nothing wrong with England and that they're exciting to watch.

That tells you everything.