Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel interview with Glenn Hoddle

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We have little option with Simpson as Amartey has been injured and to be fair to Simpson he has tried to do what Puel has asked of him.

Apparently Dragovic wanted to keep his options open this summer so we've played our own player and captain in Big Wes rather than someone playing for a move.

Yet we play Mahrez every week even though he has been trying to force a move away for 2 seasons now. 

We should play our best team no matter what. Dragovic should be starting ahead of Wes at the moment because he could be better and help us win more points. There should be no other reason for it, especially not what his plans may or may not be in the Summer.

He is contracted to our club until the end of the season (our choice!) and we should be using him, not sulking because he may not want to stay at a club that has barely given him a game. 

55 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

And there with have it, everything wrong about how people engage with each other in the world summed up and illustrated in one little FT thread. Quite impressive really.  Both sides spouting and no one really listening.  And don't worry, I grasp the hypocrisy,  I am as bad as anyone.  Somebody kill me please.  X

Given this self-righteous comment I'd say you were worse than most

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yet we play Mahrez every week even though he has been trying to force a move away for 2 seasons now. 

We should play our best team no matter what. Dragovic should be starting ahead of Wes at the moment because he could be better and help us win more points. There should be no other reason for it, especially not what his plans may or may not be in the Summer.

He is contracted to our club until the end of the season (our choice!) and we should be using him, not sulking because he may not want to stay at a club that has barely given him a game. 

I've seen little evidence that Dragovic is better than Morgan. I think Morgan offers more in strength and in the air whereas Dragovic probably edges it defensively. 

It's all about opinions and maybe Puel's is similar to mine but I don't see Dragovic as a a glaring upgrade on Morgan.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We have little option with Simpson as Amartey has been injured and to be fair to Simpson he has tried to do what Puel has asked of him.

Apparently Dragovic wanted to keep his options open this summer so we've played our own player and captain in Big Wes rather than someone playing for a move.

Huh? He didn't put a foot wrong and got dicked. Dropped as soon as Morgan was fit. Of course he would keep his options open. 

22 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

whereas you're  full of wit, charm 

and charisma.

Great response. Well done.

Suppose you have a headache now after using all your grey matter on that reply!

Better take it easy for the rest of the day eh pal???? lol

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Huh? He didn't put a foot wrong and got dicked. Dropped as soon as Morgan was fit. Of course he would keep his options open. 

Apparently he still wanted to keep his options open whilst still in the team.

It could be the Alderweired situation all over again. 

For me we need a centre back who is dominant in the air as we concede from far too many corners and headed goals, Dragovic is a good defender but isn't what I would want from a centre half as he's not good enough in the air. The first thing I want from my centre halves is for them not to concede from set pieces and crosses into the box. That's why I was always a big fan of Morgan/Huth and Walsh/Elliott/Taggart as this rarely happened and teams were forced to score from good football in open play. We concede too easily from positions we shouldn't IMO.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Apparently he still wanted to keep his options open whilst still in the team.

It could be the Alderweired situation all over again. 

For me we need a centre back who is dominant in the air as we concede from far too many corners and headed goals, Dragovic is a good defender but isn't what I would want from a centre half as he's not good enough in the air. The first thing I want from my centre halves is for them not to concede from set pieces and crosses into the box. That's why I was always a big fan of Morgan/Huth and Walsh/Elliott/Taggart as this rarely happened and teams were forced to score from good football in open play. We concede too easily from positions we shouldn't IMO.

That I didn't know but we're not going to motivate him to stay by benching him, furthermore it's totally counter-productive as him and Maguire made a better pair and fitted more in Puels style of play. I honestly have a hard time to give this version any credit. If it's true then I take he's definitely off this summer.

He's undoubtedly an upgrade on Morgan in game reading, passing and composure on the ball. Your argument about him being not good enough on the air is kinda thin. Morgan, whilst being a formidable shot stopper, is shit in the air and reacts rather than anticipate. Huht was the real guardian but now he's out. The set piece problem is an old one and certainly can't put it down to Dragovic. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Love this it is spot on. Personally I wouldn’t be suprised if Puel invited Hoddle there on his own volition to put a positive story out in the media about him for the sheep to lap up.

I thought the same.

6 hours ago, boots60 said:

In the printed edition of the mail on Sunday there is a footnote to the article entitled "Wily foxes have done well to get their man" which includes such gems as "The Frenchman has improved the foxes in every area since arriving"

Priceless

Tbf he has. People on here seriously forgetting how utterly, iredeemably shit Shakespeare was - remember his final game in charge? West brom at home, they'd won something like one in 15, Pulis on the verge of being sacked. Their keeper got injured to the point he couldn't even take goal kicks and what did we do? Avoided attacking and played looking to lose 1-0 at home to a severely out of form side where literally any on target shot would have caused real problems, only to be bailed out by riyad. It's frustrating at the moment but it's still streets ahead of the crap under Shakespeare.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Tbf he has. People on here seriously forgetting how utterly, iredeemably shit Shakespeare was - remember his final game in charge? West brom at home, they'd won something like one in 15, Pulis on the verge of being sacked. Their keeper got injured to the point he couldn't even take goal kicks and what did we do? Avoided attacking and played looking to lose 1-0 at home to a severely out of form side where literally any on target shot would have caused real problems, only to be bailed out by riyad. It's frustrating at the moment but it's still streets ahead of the crap under Shakespeare.

We were in a transition phase.

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Nah, at best you could argue Shakespeare had been dealt a bad hand with the silva fiasco, but that doesn't explain his refusal to attack. Shakespeare wasn't transitioning to anything except a championship side

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Transition Phase?????????????

Shakey never had an original idea of his own, his style of play was same as the old boss. We had just scraped two away draws with Huddersfield and Bournemouth and made them look like Barcelona in the process. Shakey only ever had a Plan A and by the time he was sacked it was crystal clear he was way out his depth as a PL manager.

2 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

I take it you disagree?

if so, just explain why rather than getting personal.

I disagree with Puel out yes, check out all the other threads where ive explained my views.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Nah, at best you could argue Shakespeare had been dealt a bad hand with the silva fiasco, but that doesn't explain his refusal to attack. Shakespeare wasn't transitioning to anything except a championship side

I wasn't being entirely serious.

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Transition Phase?????????????

Shakey never had an original idea of his own, his style of play was same as the old boss. We had just scraped two away draws with Huddersfield and Bournemouth and made them look like Barcelona in the process. Shakey only ever had a Plan A and by the time he was sacked it was crystal clear he was way out his depth as a PL manager.

I wasn't player power then?