Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

You can’t tell me there’s not a young Englishman what can do what that David Luiz lookalike is doing for Arsenal. He’s been total toilet other than a few tackles. Clearly learning. And Arsenal appear happy to do that but give an English prospect the same chance 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It will indeed. My money’s on not particular well.

I do wonder if he’s mentally up to playing for a big club and all the expectation that goes with it.

No place to hide at a team like Man City and Pep won’t lose any sleep if he sulks off - he’ll just drop him and play another superstar in his place.

Will be intriguing to see how his career pans out now...

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He may not be the standard of pond that MC requires, but he will be in a bigger pond then us for many years to come.

Pond life

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You can’t tell me there’s not a young Englishman what can do what that David Luiz lookalike is doing for Arsenal. He’s been total toilet other than a few tackles. Clearly learning. And Arsenal appear happy to do that but give an English prospect the same chance 

There is but he had to play left back for them today lol 

Guest Col city fan

The reason why Mahrez might not work at Man City is because he has a tendency to keep the ball too long. Guardiola will hate that. He does like his quick passing.

Too early for mahrez to be judged. Needs to adapt to a diff style and realizing he is a small fish now.

To judge him you need time  but big clubs expect you to come in and own it.. mahrez needs to keep his swagger and he will do fine. 

Needs to realise too that lazy defense wont cut it anymore on a team like man city.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Game has been fairly stagnant. Arsenal going to struggle to get in the top 6 this season. 

Still think there's too big of a gap between 6th and the rest. Everton have bought well but don't think they'll step up this year 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Still think there's too big of a gap between 6th and the rest. Everton have bought well but don't think they'll step up this year 

You’re probably quite right in all fairness. Of the teams who could push Arsenal I’m not sure any of them will achieve it. However I do think it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. 

59 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yeah I'm aware of his Barca and Munich playing styles and how he instilled that in them. But to claim its his and to ignore the fact gegenpressing has been around before pep, ignoring the others who used it before him and just naming it after him is sh1t and not needed at all.

Yet klopp is the one credited with that. And unless I'm mistaken he was manager at Dortmund at exactly the same time as Pep was at barca.