Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The Spurs meltdown and the media waking up to the fact that they ain’t actually very good is hilarious. 

They are pretty good, they've just had two bad games.

A squad with Alderweireld, Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele, Trippier, Son, Kane and Moura in it beats 15/19 teams in the league - and would make a good fist of beating 2 of the remaining 4.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Langston said:

They are pretty good, they've just had two bad games.

A squad with Alderweireld, Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele, Trippier, Son, Kane and Moura in it beats 15/19 teams in the league - and would make a good fist of beating 2 of the remaining 4.

Sorry I don’t mean they’re not a good side. Just not as good as they thought they were and have probably missed their best chances of winning anything

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Moura looks like he could come good and Eriksen and Son are quality players. But then they have too many filler players like Dier and Alli

Just don’t think they’ve got the teeth. Without Kane they’re just guming the opposition. No doubt Eriksen and Son are good players. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Moura looks like he could come good and Eriksen and Son are quality players. But then they have too many filler players like Dier and Alli

Agree..the fact is 2 of their would be stars..Dier and Ali,have not translated that early potential. Those 2 got hyped up so much,everybody

Including England fans hoped we had found a strong pair. For top league and International level,I find both,are still left wanting!!!

London,and Spurs bias media, have given them International caps,they haven't earnt and will still get...I

Kane is being asked to play a different role than when he was hitting the hights....He's not so dangerous,though he will still get 20+ goals

He is a quality striker..but again  being let down in English environment expectations....I

Poch and club,are not hard enough,to push for more quality players,to compete against their "lovies"

I am no Spurs hater...I would still love to see Ali pick himself up,and prove he still has that high level quality...

Dier has just got to get more into the games,and not drift....

14 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Im confused. I say I don't rate them or Hughes....you ask based on what and say we will finish above them. So you don't think much of them either so what is the point you're making?

I'm not surprised BHA got a point either. Deserved it.

Apologies. I thought you were saying they are better than us. I was on one last night tbh.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

It is refreshing listening to Deeney on MNF saying more or less what he thinks and not the usual BS we get fed. Ever wonder what the England team would've been like with Vardy and Deeney up top together?

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:
  • Winners...simples:bounce:

Wouldn’t it be nice to have an England A team and an England B team ....   perhaps even 2 different styles ..   Deeney and Vardy together in the B team ...  how useful would that be instead of these ridiculous friendlies ...    nah, that might be too embarrassing for them :)

4 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Hahaha no problem!

Thought you were someone I normally agreed with so did find it odd! lol

Tbh I usually do agree with the majority of your posts. I think I just saw red yesterday I was replying to everything.

Good result that in the end ? how winks and dier get in the England team I’ll never know. I didn’t see tonight’s game but from what I have read they weren’t great. Looks like they are struggling s bit, no players coming in could really ruin their season before the jan window comes even if they are willing to spend anything then. 

• Like 1

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has been mentioned as a possible next chairman of the Premier League during informal discussions at the most recent clubs' meeting. (Mail)

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has been mentioned as a possible next chairman of the Premier League during informal discussions at the most recent clubs' meeting. (Mail)

Get his wife onboard as well and it’ll be the Blair Witch Project. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, davieG said:

And foreigners say we are losing our sense of humour....:celebrate:

1 minute ago, davieG said:

That's quite a jump from us to Everton! 

They will always be big competition for us in the 'best of the rest' category.

I know spending shouldn't and isn't always an indication of where you should finish, but it does show that we should certainly be finishing in the top half more often than not. 

Our squad is nearly double the value of Bournemouth's... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

That's quite a jump from us to Everton! 

They will always be big competition for us in the 'best of the rest' category.

I know spending shouldn't and isn't always an indication of where you should finish, but it does show that we should certainly be finishing in the top half more often than not. 

Our squad is nearly double the value of Bournemouth's... 

Presumably this includes all the transfers such as Slimani who is no longer in the squad.

15 hours ago, davieG said:

Is that the same Tony Blair that lied about watching Jackie Milburn play for Newcastle as a child?  Trying to get down with the working man with his football credentials.  Yeah, I'm just the same as you!

(Milburn retired when Blair was 4).

On 19/09/2018 at 08:56, davieG said:

First decree- To send the premier league players to fight La Liga players in an illegal war for oil.