Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

It's clearly going to be a different situation for Riyad, he is no longer the big cheese, or the guy that the team needs to rely on, so he will have to adapt mentally more than his overall game,  he is probably thinking wtf when he sees walker overlapping like a 100m sprinter, Mahrez needs to atlas follow walker or create space behind him, a couple of times he has gone astray. Its a process with Riyad and it will take time, something he will have to be conscious of is Sane being ready and able to take his place. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pep players have to be on it, switched on all game. He doesn't accept laziness or players switching off and drifting in and out of games. Look at Yaya at Barca and Man City, Hart as well. Mahrez is a very on and off player, rarely being consistent for the whole game

I would imagine all managers want all their players to be on it and switched on all game. Fine picking out his unique attributes but let's not make out what would be standard for all managers somehow only Pep would want or can do.etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Not what I’m saying at all, I wasn’t having a dig at Mahrez, he wasn’t poor at Wembley either, and no he hasn’t been poor today - I’m just saying Pep has very exacting standards and he likes to be one step ahead and have all his players playing his way. I don’t think Mahrez is fully conversant in that yet, and it’s frustrating Pep. He will 100% be a success there I don’t think there’s a question mark about that. 

OK, I agree with you I think I mis-judged your initial comment.  X

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"The Guardiola lose the ball and go back and get it mentality" 

No, that's simply called pressing, Pep didn't invent that. We did it in 15/16, Klopp's teams do it. It's not a Pep thing, stop brown nosing them, sky.

You are aware pep managed before he came to the premier league?

Pretending that pep didn't instill this 6 second rule into the likes of messi and inesta years ago is nearly as bad as $ky wanking over it nearly a decade later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree he needs work it's just the "Pep has his work cut out" line sounded unreasonably harsh on Mahrez but maybe it's just semantics.  X

Nah, it was indeed a sly dig. Many here would wet their pant if Mahrez fails at City.

HHe's still a long way to go but still did okay.

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

What has playing the mens game got anything to do with it? Its exactly the same game with the same rules. 

A commentator should be judged on their knowledge of the sport and not the fact they are male or female, black or white. There are some horrendous male pundits that talk out of their arse on a weekly basis.

Im not saying Alex Scott is amazing, but she is no worse than some of the other tripe we have to listen too. 

Because I watch the men’s game, not the women’s. I like to hear opinions of the ex-pros I used to watch on the game I still watch. I realise my opinion isn’t PC but it’s just my opinion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You are aware pep managed before he came to the premier league?

Pretending that pep didn't instill this 6 second rule into the likes of messi and inesta years ago is nearly as bad as $ky wanking over it nearly a decade later.

Yeah I'm aware of his Barca and Munich playing styles and how he instilled that in them. But to claim its his and to ignore the fact gegenpressing has been around before pep, ignoring the others who used it before him and just naming it after him is sh1t and not needed at all.