Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Mahrez isn't getting in ahead of De Bruyne and David Silva when he's back, Bernardo Silva is in form and Sane will also end up ahead of Mahrez at some point, today's performance will only make matters worse for him.

As for Arsenal today they just don't have the personnel to play out from the back, Granit Xhaka somehow was given a new contract, he's garbage and should be nowhere near their starting 11. Going forward they were wasteful, they'll look much better in the next week or so, another big game though where Ozil did fvck all.

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Mahrez isn't getting in ahead of De Bruyne and David Silva when he's back, Bernardo Silva is in form and Sane will also end up ahead of Mahrez at some point, today's performance will only make matters worse for him.

As for Arsenal today they just don't have the personnel to play out from the back, Granit Xhaka somehow was given a new contract, he's garbage and should be nowhere near their starting 11. Going forward they were wasteful, they'll look much better in the next week or so, another big game though where Ozil did fvck all.

Am I the only person though thinks Mahrez played quite well?

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

To be fair though, when you've had a manager at a football club for over twenty years it's going to take a while for a new manager to implement his new values and way of playing. 

Exactly. That’s why it will still be Wenger’s fault. They’ve had a root and branch clear out of staff at all major levels. It will take Emery a season or more to shift things to where he wants them and their transfer business was really just a mediocre attempt at solidity while Emery assessed the club and rebuilds it. Going to be tricky times for Arsenal. 

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Nope, just a lot of schadenfreude from bitter fans. 

He's actually far away from the other players tempo and level, but that was to be expected. B.Silva needed one season to settle in and I think that he'll have a great one. He was outstanding today and a joy to watch.

Man City were quite sloppy at times but their tempo, work rate, movement and passing were unreal. Arsenal might be in a rebuilding phase but playing them off the park the whole game at the Emirates is no small feat. Should have been easily 5-0.

Riyad will have to work really hard to reach that level, but the talent is already there. If Pep turned Sterling into a classy footballer, there is no reason Mahrez should fail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

You do realise that Pep chose to sign Mahrez having, I assume, at least seen him play once or twice?  I get your point and he will take time to adjust to Pep's style but to say Pep has his work cut out in a wee dig at Mahrez is very odd.  I would put money on Mahrez being a success.  X

Perhaps it was a dig, but let's not pretend Mahrez has historically had the sort of focus and effort we saw from the avg Man City starter in the 2017-2018 season. Pep certainly expects to improve Riyad's engagement and effort as he seeks to make him a player who can thrive at Man City.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Who do you think will?

I don't know but certainly not Emery. I'd argue that Puel has more chances to go than him. Not that I want him out btw.

Arsenal just parted way with an iconic manager who managed them for more than 20 years. It is totally normal that the results will be mixed for a while. They are rebuilding and I suppose that he'll get at least one season. If things go bad (finishing outside outside the top 6) he might get the boot at the end of the season, but not before.

Furthermore they faced one of strongest teams the League ever had. A loss was to be expected.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I do fear Man City and Liverpool will become the Barca & RM of England. I don’t see teams competing with them consistently, besides one another ofcourse ?

I dont see this. Yes man city will be on top but each team has too much money to be left behind compared to the rest of the spanish sides.

If anything it will be the poverty claiming teams like Burnley who will suffer and the cash rich teams like leicester everton west ham etc etc will continue to rise.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Yet klopp is the one credited with that. And unless I'm mistaken he was manager at Dortmund at exactly the same time as Pep was at barca.

Not credited with, just known to have popularised. I just disagree with how Sky religiously preach as if Pep is the messiah

44 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

His end product was very poor today, found himself in acres of space numerous times then crossed the ball straight into Cech's hands.

16 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I dont see this. Yes man city will be on top but each team has too much money to be left behind compared to the rest of the spanish sides.

If anything it will be the poverty claiming teams like Burnley who will suffer and the cash rich teams like leicester everton west ham etc etc will continue to rise.

I hope so mate :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Call me what you like but I'd rather play in half the games and win 4 trophies than play every game and finish mid table. 

Thats the difference between a boy and a real man.  Pride/ honour. :claude: