Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Negatives of being a PL footballer:

- Constant 24/7 stream of verbal abuse, on the pitch and on social media.

- Intense scrutiny for any mistakes, one particularly silly mistake and it gets made into a gif/clip and shared around forever to be laughed at.

- Lack of privacy, go somewhere nice on vacation and there will be paparazzi taking pictures from the bushes to write an article in the Daily Mail about your missus' clothes and body.

- Health risks, wreck your body and get early onset arthritis and dementia, not to mention increased risk of various addictions

Positives of being a PL footballer:

- Lots of money

- A fun job (as long as you're actually starting)

38 minutes ago, brucey said:

Negatives of being a PL footballer:

- Constant 24/7 stream of verbal abuse, on the pitch and on social media.

- Intense scrutiny for any mistakes, one particularly silly mistake and it gets made into a gif/clip and shared around forever to be laughed at.

- Lack of privacy, go somewhere nice on vacation and there will be paparazzi taking pictures from the bushes to write an article in the Daily Mail about your missus' clothes and body.

- Health risks, wreck your body and get early onset arthritis and dementia, not to mention increased risk of various addictions

Positives of being a PL footballer:

- Lots of money

- A fun job (as long as you're actually starting)

The positives far outweighs the negatives for a PL footballer.

14 hours ago, brucey said:

PL footballers aren't robots. Personally I'd find being a PL footballer with the associated scrutiny and high stakes more stressful, than a menial job with no consequences if I'm having an off day.

He just mad up story about stress while he was signing deal with Madrid and it actually shows lack of knowledge he has about stress or any mental illness 

and comparing  PL footballer to random minimum wage factory worker is ridiculous and deserves a L OL

Even Robbie Savage was trying to make out Pogba had an outstanding game on Friday night. To be fair he also told a Spurs fan they’ve won nothing and are unlikely to do so anytime soon so he has his positives

Edited by foxfanazer

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

Saw a piece about Di Maria suffering from depression because of the social media abuse and the memes. 

I used to have social media...then i deleted it over 5 years ago. Think people need to recognize social media is not a good thing. People can write and say anything about you (with some anonymity) which of course can lead to bullying, depression etc. 

Employers use social media (twitter/instagram/facebook) to fire you. Others use it to paint you in a bad light. It just makes sense not to use it at all. People are addicted to it and need to recognize its probably just not worth it.

Depression is an awful beast in itself.

Quite an interesting article & poll from Sky sports today, regarding which goal keeper made the best saves over the course of the weekend.

An overwhelming 50% have voted for De Gea (you can see the results when you vote.) And 5% for Kasper. Im not sure if i am happy as it showed we had a good shot on target or that Kaspers save was so low down the list.

The article and poll is here. (if you want to vote)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11471298/vote-david-de-gea-petr-cech-who-made-the-best-premier-league-save-of-the-weekend

Edited by Suzie the Fox

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Quite an interesting article & poll from Sky sports today, regarding which goal keeper made the best saves over the course of the weekend.

An overwhelming 50% have voted for De Gea (you can see the results when you vote.) And 5% for Kasper. Im not sure if i am happy as it showed we had a good shot on target or that Kaspers save was so low down the list.

The article and poll is here. (if you want to vote)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11471298/vote-david-de-gea-petr-cech-who-made-the-best-premier-league-save-of-the-weekend

I think you need to be a sky subscriber as the video is not there just a picture.

On 12/08/2018 at 18:18, kingfox said:

Mahrez isn't getting in ahead of De Bruyne and David Silva when he's back, Bernardo Silva is in form and Sane will also end up ahead of Mahrez at some point, today's performance will only make matters worse for him.

As for Arsenal today they just don't have the personnel to play out from the back, Granit Xhaka somehow was given a new contract, he's garbage and should be nowhere near their starting 11. Going forward they were wasteful, they'll look much better in the next week or so, another big game though where Ozil did fvck all.

I wonder if this season will be a transitional one from one Silva to another as Bernardo slowly replaces David?   If that is the case then Pep played a blinder in buying in a player who not only showed lot of promise in his first season but also was happy to sit on the bench and bides his time.  

Edited by The Blur

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177215

Tottenham delay move to new stadium over 'safety issues'

Tottenham have delayed the opening of their new stadium because of "issues with the critical safety systems". 

Spurs had been expected to play their first game at the new ground on 15 September against Liverpool but that match has now been switched to Wembley. 

Tottenham's following home game against Cardiff on 6 October has also been moved to Wembley.

A venue for their Premier League game against Manchester City on 28 October is currently 'to be confirmed'.

An NFL fixture between Seattle Seahawks and Oakland Raiders, scheduled to be hosted on 14 October, will also now take place at Wembley instead of Spurs' new 62,062-seat arena, built on the site of their old White Hart Lane ground.

Spurs had already agreed with the Premier League to play their first home game of the season, which is against Fulham on Saturday, at Wembley.

A club statement read: "Recent testing and commissioning has now shown issues with the critical safety systems.

"We are reviewing the situation and planned timetable to rectify and re-test, after which we shall be in a better position to outline a revised timetable.

"The delays created by these difficulties mean that we can no longer hold the necessary test events on 27 August and 1 September. These will need to be rescheduled to take place ahead of any first official match at the new stadium in order to achieve the safety licence."

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said: "We know this will be disappointing for all our season tickets holders, premium members and our fans worldwide.

"At the start of the project we asked for your support during what we knew would be a complex and challenging build and now we ask for your continued patience and forbearance."

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

I think he's right to criticise Arsenal for playing right into City's hands but I'm not sure his brand of hoofball would have been any more effective which is what I think he's implying. It was maybe a bit naive from Unai Emery but when you compare his CV with Big Sam's......there is no comparison.

Why can't people from London get anything right...Only their obnoxious bleating of southern organisation lack of guarrantees,out weighs

their capacity to bottle everything.....too many papas sons,have blown it again..!!!

26 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What do you think of Tottenham's new stadium from the images?

Can see the atmosphere being like West Ham's with a lot of the seats being quite a distance from the pitch.

it'll be nothing like that in my opinion. Atmosphere will be far better than what West Ham's is currently purely for the fact the seats are quite close to the pitch. 

There's a huge run-off from pitch to seats at the Olympic Stadium. How do you see that on the Spurs stadium??

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Koke said:

I saw a short video with him this morning where he was talking about the 2nd half of last season at Everton, may have been from this interview. There's no doubt he knows football, he's been in it long enough as a player and manager but he came across as incredibly smug, pompous and self satisfied and I'm not entirely sure why.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

it'll be nothing like that in my opinion. Atmosphere will be far better than what West Ham's is currently purely for the fact the seats are quite close to the pitch. 

There's a huge run-off from pitch to seats at the Olympic Stadium. How do you see that on the Spurs stadium??

Agreed, the Spurs stadium has been designed specifically with atmosphere in mind, including the nod to the Dortmund wall stand. 

Probably half the reason it's delayed is how complex the design is....

....Well that and the need to find a good AC unit to keep the cheese tasting room at an optimum temperature....