Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

I know but it wasn't just the logo, I just feel that the design has given the NFL priority over the football I can't justify it it just looks like an American Football Stadium to me.

I would imagine the 10(?) year deal signed with the NFL was worth a fair bit so I can understand why it's heavily involved in plans. It's going to be very nice either way. 

1 minute ago, lildave3 said:

I would imagine the 10(?) year deal signed with the NFL was worth a fair bit so I can understand why it's heavily involved in plans. It's going to be very nice either way. 

I'm sure you're right, I wasn't really criticising it and I've got nothing against American Football quite enjoy a game when I've got the time which stems from my son's interest and his playing for Leicester Panther Youth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Haha, I never saw that. I wasn’t trying to say you were completely wrong but I usually dismiss most articles about football players personal lives as click-bait. Being ignorant to it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen I suppose :thumbup:

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

I'm so hoping its not ready in time. Also no dry run to test it lol lol sooooo much hopefully can/will go wrong lol lol 

This could make this the second best premier league season in history for me.  lol lol :fc::fc:

that's a lot of weird hate for Spurs there :unsure:. 2nd best season because they failed to get their stadium done in time? Seems odd!

The stadium fiasco just shows how incompetent Spurs really are as a club. They cannot even complete their own stadium, on top of not being able to win a trophy.

We had financial difficulties when we built our stadium, and yet still managed to complete it on time.

Spurs would put a non-league club to shame with their incompetence.

The wife’s brother is s spurs fan and him and his dad have a season ticket but now a majority of the games look like being at Wembley they are thinking about getting a refund if they can. If Erikson left for Barca now they would be right In the shit

58 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

The stadium fiasco just shows how incompetent Spurs really are as a club. They cannot even complete their own stadium, on top of not being able to win a trophy.

We had financial difficulties when we built our stadium, and yet still managed to complete it on time.

Spurs would put a non-league club to shame with their incompetence.

We built ours over two years though, as did the likes of Southampton, on barren ground. Given Tottenham were restricted by building on the previous stadium whilst it was still in use, this was always going to be risky.

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

The wife’s brother is s spurs fan and him and his dad have a season ticket but now a majority of the games look like being at Wembley they are thinking about getting a refund if they can. If Erikson left for Barca now they would be right In the shit

Why would they want a refund? Surely they want to watch their team wherever they are playing. 

This will be their home for the next 100 years waiting a few more games surely wouldn’t hurt. 

Just a small note...Zaha signs extended contract until 2022 for Palace.

Well done to both.Zaha has accepted his lot and keeps faith,with what is now "his club"

Palace fans I am sure,are quite happy to have their own technical wizzard,show loyalty ( please no contradicting posts)

Shame he didn't crack it,with his brief England career,he IMO did have something to offer. Could still do a job on his own,

or to cover Sterling. Plus Zaha again only my opinion,is a better all round footballer,although under PeP Sterling could

Improve even more.I didn't like how Southgate used him....

I would of been happy to see Zaha in a city shirt,but that time has probably gone.

CPalace,were always a dark horse for me,perhaps this season ,maybe this year Hodgson who is a top club manager,could instigate a chase for top 6-8,

with an early season flush into the top 4,contradicting last season's early form.....

Like all clubs, good n weird fans,but generally a fair collection....great flag collectors apparently..:rolleyes:

Edited by fuchsntf

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Extended contracts only mean the club get a bigger fee if he goes. 

Neves signed an extended contract a few weeks ago but that won't stop him leaving next summer IMO. 

Exactly this.

I don't mind Zaha, decent player and he is bigger than Crystal Palace. Hope he goes to Tottenham in the nesr future so he can develop more as a player.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's the betting the atmosphere at this new Spurs ground will be dog shit and there'll be uproar from their fans?

It looks as though the design his mitigated the issues that new grounds have with atmosphere.  The only issue that might affect it is pricing