Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just a small note...Zaha signs extended contract until 2022 for Palace.

Well done to both.Zaha has accepted his lot and keeps faith,with what is now "his club"

Palace fans I am sure,are quite happy to have their own technical wizzard,show loyalty ( please no contradicting posts)

Shame he didn't crack it,with his brief England career,he IMO did have something to offer. Could still do a job on his own,

or to cover Sterling. Plus Zaha again only my opinion,is a better all round footballer,although under PeP Sterling could

Improve even more.I didn't like how Southgate used him....

I would of been happy to see Zaha in a city shirt,but that time has probably gone.

CPalace,were always a dark horse for me,perhaps this season ,maybe this year Hodgson who is a top club manager,could instigate a chase for top 6-8,

with an early season flush into the top 4,contradicting last season's early form.....

Like all clubs, good n weird fans,but generally a fair collection....great flag collectors apparently..:rolleyes:

They'll never be remembered for the quality of their football after flags went missing....

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Dele Alli's new goal celebration is a news item. He "revealed" it at the weekend. 

I'm done. I quit. I'm moving to Melbourne to teach myself to like Aussie rules, where they're still playing sport with mullets and spontaneous acts of unnecessarily violence. 

Please tell me this wasn't an attempted joke.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

shame to hear about De Bruyne. Great player to watch. However Man City won't be that affected given the plethora of talent they have in that area.

If we could sign any player in the division as a fantasy signing, he's who I would sign. A world class player who seems like a nice guy and for whom creativity is his middle name.

In the league, Bernardo Silva has been doing a great impersonation of him so far so they will be fine, though if they want to win the Champions League they will need him. For me one of the reasons why Belgium did not win the world cup is because when they played France they had a freak game where none of Lukaku, Hazard or De Bruyne turned it on. They didn't need all of them just one, but none really contributed and they went out quite tamely considering what they can do. When it gets to the later rounds, Man City will need KDB, David Silva to do the business.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What's the betting the atmosphere at this new Spurs ground will be dog shit and there'll be uproar from their fans?

Nah.. They'll be fine with it.. They're used to being disappointed year after year after year! 

Tosspots! 

Edited by weller54
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Exactly this.

I don't mind Zaha, decent player and he is bigger than Crystal Palace. Hope he goes to Tottenham in the nesr future so he can develop more as a player.

I hope this is sarcasm?

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

It looks as though the design his mitigated the issues that new grounds have with atmosphere.  The only issue that might affect it is pricing 

My friends a Spurs fan and he was telling me the raise in STH prices is at least a few hundred. There's a fair few of them not too happy about the delay in opening the ground 

21 hours ago, Corky said:

We built ours over two years though, as did the likes of Southampton, on barren ground. Given Tottenham were restricted by building on the previous stadium whilst it was still in use, this was always going to be risky.

Our stadium took one year to build, not two.

19 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Why would they want a refund? Surely they want to watch their team wherever they are playing. 

This will be their home for the next 100 years waiting a few more games surely wouldn’t hurt. 

Not a big fan of Wembley and unhappy at being sold the tickets thinking they where suppose to be in the new ground. Personally if I could afford a season ticket and could make the games wouldn’t mind where they are played 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Dele Alli's new goal celebration is a news item. He "revealed" it at the weekend. 

I'm done. I quit. I'm moving to Melbourne to teach myself to like Aussie rules, where they're still playing sport with mullets and spontaneous acts of unnecessarily violence. 

Just saw this on Twitter.

Do McDonalds do a McHemlock?  If so, I’ll have one of those with a Polonium McFlurry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

My friends a Spurs fan and he was telling me the raise in STH prices is at least a few hundred. There's a fair few of them not too happy about the delay in opening the ground 

Most prices went up between 25% to 50% but I bet your mate will probably be hoping That they play all thier games at Wembley as spurs have announced they will refunding 1/19th for all 3 games that should have been played at the new stadium so far 

19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Most prices went up between 25% to 50% but I bet your mate will probably be hoping That they play all thier games at Wembley as spurs have announced they will refunding 1/19th for all 3 games that should have been played at the new stadium so far 

The way he explained it: they refund the ticket, then re-buy one for Wembley, so save little overall. I think as well its more they want to get back "home" rather than playing in a make shift home 

I have a feeling that opposition fans will all be doing Dele Alli's new "move" back at him.

Or, at least, keeping the finger and thumb in a circle and moving the wrist up and down....

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Just saw this on Twitter.

Do McDonalds do a McHemlock?  If so, I’ll have one of those with a Polonium McFlurry.

I don't think people should make fun. I genuinely think there's something up with him.

• Haha 1