Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Just saw this on Twitter.

Do McDonalds do a McHemlock?  If so, I’ll have one of those with a Polonium McFlurry.

didnt clucas get put on the naughty step for doing that celebration not so long ago? or something very similar.

20 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you mean "why", not "how."

The why is easy. 

Declining standards of behaviour and a seismic shift in what the youth consider fashionable and entertaining. It also doesn't help this 'never criticise' culture we have sleep walked into. 

I am fascinated at how. How is that possible? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The way he explained it: they refund the ticket, then re-buy one for Wembley, so save little overall. I think as well its more they want to get back "home" rather than playing in a make shift home 

I don’t know but this is the statement 

all those who have purchased season tickets at the new stadium will be credited 1/19th of the price you have paid for your 2018/19 season ticket for each fixture concerned.

Full refund amounts for both Liverpool and Cardiff City will be placed into your eticket account automatically in the coming days. To improve on the process used for the Fulham fixture, these funds can either be drawn out from your eticket account by way of a monthly BACS payment or the funds can be held in credit in your account to be used as part payment for next season's Season Ticket.

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Dele Alli's new goal celebration is a news item. He "revealed" it at the weekend. 

I'm done. I quit. I'm moving to Melbourne to teach myself to like Aussie rules, where they're still playing sport with mullets and spontaneous acts of unnecessarily violence. 

This happened in last weeks Local Derby (pronounced "Durby" :doh: )

Image result for andrew gaff hit gif

8 week ban, the ball was 40 metres away 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ban?  You lot have gone soft - there was a time that action would have earned him MOTM .........

when the mulletts and the tight shorts went... so did the game

9 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Most of you moaning about Dele having a bit of fun would think it was amazing if Vardy did it. lol

1. Nope. Anyone with a cutesy trademark goal celebration is an absolute fanny. Even Gareth "<3" Bale. 

2. Tbh, as annoying as Alli maybe, the crux of my point was that anyone's new goal celebration was considered newsworthy in the first place. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You know the world's gone mad when a goal celebration becomes more important and/or more newsworthy than the goal itself.

And Dele Alli still is a diving tw*t in my eyes.

I assume the World had also gone mad when Roger Milla's celebration was the talk of town in 1990, or Klinsmann's dive celebration, or... :teehee:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I assume the World had also gone mad when Roger Milla's celebration was the talk of town in 1990, or Klinsmann's dive celebration, or... :teehee:

Yep, they exploited Social Media and a goal celebration before the goal was actually scored back then, too.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Spain’s La Liga to play matches in the US -

https://www.ft.com/content/5ce1926e-a09f-11e8-85da-eeb7a9ce36e4

Will this be the trigger for the PL?

Kinda the way things are going. With the NFL doing the same over here for a while now, it's expanded not only the sports popularity but the popularity of specific teams and with "soccer" growing over there it was only a matter of time.