Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

21 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I presume they mean they didn't do a "reveal" :nigel: of a new goal celebration before they'd even scored a goal and done it yet.

Is that what Dele has done? I was under the impression he did it after he scored on Saturday and that was the first time :dunno:

14 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

No other option but to boycott the PL if that happens. If that means boycotting LCFC, so be it. 

Oh well.

Im sure the fans that will be picked up over here will ease the pain of your boycot

11 minutes ago, marbles said:

Oh well.

Im sure the fans that will be picked up over here will ease the pain of your boycot

Depends how many feel the same way really. A few shirt sales and Facebook followers won't compensate empty seats at the ground.

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Kinda the way things are going. With the NFL doing the same over here for a while now, it's expanded not only the sports popularity but the popularity of specific teams and with "soccer" growing over there it was only a matter of time. 

The key difference there is, there's no professional NFL teams or leagues in our country so bringing some games over here is a way of seeing the sport. Those plebs have the MLS and weird super fans who chop down trees when they score etc. They shouldn't need European football taken to them. Typical of them.

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

De Bruyne now out for up to three months after tearing a lateral ligament in his right knee, according to latest press reports.

If they never signed mahrez pep would be complaining about his bench again....or maybe he will still?

3 hours ago, marbles said:

Oh well.

Plastics.

Why don't Americans just support their own local teams or the teams from where they were born or lived? At least as their first team.

NFL coming over here is a little different but even then I think the old American Bowls were enough. Making London a home game for someone is just stupid from a sporting perspective.

From a business point of view I'm ure it'll happen but like the British plastics most Americans will only be interested in the few top teams doing well and preferably those 4 in the CL.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

He filled me in without me asking. All part of the drill I assume.

Are you sure he was telling you the whole tooth (and nothing but the tooth)?

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Plastics.

Why don't Americans just support their own local teams or the teams from where they were born or lived? At least as their first team.

NFL coming over here is a little different but even then I think the old American Bowls were enough. Making London a home game for someone is just stupid from a sporting perspective.

From a business point of view I'm ure it'll happen but like the British plastics most Americans will only be interested in the few top teams doing well and preferably those 4 in the CL.

Are you sure he was telling you the whole tooth (and nothing but the tooth)?

Something tells me you dont like Americans.

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Something tells me you dont like Americans.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I like Americans and love their sports. 

I just find any "foreigner" being a fan of a sportsteam where the sport already exists in their own country a little odd.

I don't like fans of any description who just follow winning teams.

I am happy to be criticised myself for my love of the Miami Dolphins and Miami Heat but at least I've followed both teams for over 30 years through thick and thin without changing my colours.

I'm certainly not attacking Americans or anyone else who follow Leicester or teams like Swansea or even Cov (not that any do).

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

I just find any "foreigner" being a fan of a sportsteam where the sport already exists in their own country a little odd.

What about those of us who didn’t grow up with a club?  My city has never had (outdoor) professional soccer.

For many of us used to PL and Bundesliga standards, MLS is barely worth the time to watch.  It doesn’t even feel indigenous -- I cringe at the slavish copying of European club names (“Sporting” and “FC”) and ersatz ultras.  More power to them -- but it just isn’t for me.  The idea of picking an MLS club in another region has no appeal.

Outside MLS cities, our media cover the Premier League more heavily anyway.  And club forums provide a community wherever you may be.

28 minutes ago, pds said:

Bobby Madley no longer a referee. Rejoice!

The 32-year-old was one of those the Premier League had hoped go on to be one of Europe’s leading referees and the circumstances around his departure are still unclear. It is understood that it could be linked to a video on social media although that could not be confirmed.

In a statement the body responsible for league appointments of referees, Professional Game Match Officials, said:  “Bobby Madley is no longer employed by PGMOL. We understand that he has decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances.”

Very weird lol

6 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Depends how many feel the same way really. A few shirt sales and Facebook followers won't compensate empty seats at the ground.

Im sure its all about the potential.

We Americans spend a ton of money on entertainment - probably more than any other country.

Parts of the country have shown the willingness to pack 70-80k fans into a stadium for international play - so why not attempt to capitalize on it ? 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

What about those of us who didn’t grow up with a club?  My city has never had (outdoor) professional soccer.

For many of us used to PL and Bundesliga standards, MLS is barely worth the time to watch.  It doesn’t even feel indigenous -- I cringe at the slavish copying of European club names (“Sporting” and “FC”) and ersatz ultras.  More power to them -- but it just isn’t for me.  The idea of picking an MLS club in another region has no appeal.

Outside MLS cities, our media cover the Premier League more heavily anyway.  And club forums provide a community wherever you may be.

All U.S. fans of LCFC have my respect. And even moreso those that followed us before the title win and those that follow equally unfashionable clubs.

I, also, understand completely the financial/marketing/promotional reasons for playing games in foreign countries, I just don't think it should be allowed for regular season games. Do it for pre-season, set up a special cup where all the games are abroad but don't sully the league by playing an odd game abroad.