Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The 32-year-old was one of those the Premier League had hoped go on to be one of Europe’s leading referees and the circumstances around his departure are still unclear. It is understood that it could be linked to a video on social media although that could not be confirmed.

In a statement the body responsible for league appointments of referees, Professional Game Match Officials, said:  “Bobby Madley is no longer employed by PGMOL. We understand that he has decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances.”

Very weird lol

Must have had one hell of a paper-round

More like 52

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marbles said:

Im sure its all about the potential.

We Americans spend a ton of money on entertainment - probably more than any other country.

Parts of the country have shown the willingness to pack 70-80k fans into a stadium for international play - so why not attempt to capitalize on it ? 

The tradition of English football is what makes it what it is- start messing about with it and it will just carry on getting more and more diluted until nobody gives a toss.

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

What about those of us who didn’t grow up with a club?  My city has never had (outdoor) professional soccer.

For many of us used to PL and Bundesliga standards, MLS is barely worth the time to watch.  It doesn’t even feel indigenous -- I cringe at the slavish copying of European club names (“Sporting” and “FC”) and ersatz ultras.  More power to them -- but it just isn’t for me.  The idea of picking an MLS club in another region has no appeal.

Outside MLS cities, our media cover the Premier League more heavily anyway.  And club forums provide a community wherever you may be.

You’ve proved your stupidity well enough. Choosing Leicester. I mean Jesus. So you’re one of us anyway. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

West Ham's ground fiasco continues..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45208151

It is an absolute farce as I’m sure west ham even get to keep the catering profits as well 

also I’m actually surprised clubs haven’t had sponsorship deals for the pitch surround already look forward to seeing king power on ours 

Edited by jammie82uk

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

FWIW Vardy has the only good celebration going - scoring at the same end at West Brom every season and running to the same corner of West Brom fans each time. 10/10 rustling.

and yeah, that proves the point. anyone who even dares celebrate an away goal at our ground gets branded about with the likes of paedos and murderers on these boards. 

if our player does something it’s good. if someone else does it it’s bad. it’s pretty simple. 

im almost sure there will be a gray/maddison/chilwell dance/choreographed celebration at some stage and this whole board will be calling them #lads and #theboys. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You’ve proved your stupidity well enough. Choosing Leicester. I mean Jesus. So you’re one of us anyway. 

It was not easy finding a club with even more traumatized fans than Cleveland’s teams  :ph34r:  I’m finally the optimist in the crowd  :)  And it's panned out so far  :scarf:

It is odd seeing that clash with newly outsized expectations.  Some folks trapped in "waiting for the inevitable drop" fatalism ... others happy with nothing less than Champions League.  While the enjoyment is in the space between the extremes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KingsX said:

It was not easy finding a club with even more traumatized fans than Cleveland’s teams  :ph34r:  I’m finally the optimist in the crowd  :)  And it's panned out so far  :scarf:

It is odd seeing that clash with newly outsized expectations.  Some folks trapped in "waiting for the inevitable drop" fatalism ... others happy with nothing less than Champions League.  While the enjoyment is in the space between the extremes.

Interesting. I had always assumed that most of the Americans here were expats from Leicester.

15 hours ago, KingsX said:

Nope. Way too sane. NEXT!

My reaction on hearing the Madeley news -

image.jpeg.4c46152932e38202a24d374e519e93e5.jpegimage.jpeg.5a0b260d2abfd8cfa414e331b8ba51e7.jpegimage.jpeg.a9c0bf0972567ced2bfbeb0ec4792f98.jpeg

....then I realised it could mean more games for Stuart Attwell!

Just wonder what made him relocate........death threats (better delete hard drive just in case), being unpopular in every town and city in the land or those assessors ratings finally reflecting his inability? It's all well and good having a slapstick figure of fun but him and Attwell put my blood pressure at risk and he wasn't just bad and incompetent but arrogant in his communications with players.

16 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

The worrying thing about refs is that somebody at PGMOL looked at Bobby Madley and Jon Moss, when they were reffing in the championship and thought they were actually good enough to promote. I'm scared that Darren Deadman or Gavin Ward will get brought up.

Uriah rennie was once a premier league referee anything is possible

Bobby Madley is probably the worst of the absolute lot let’s be honest. Moss is shit but he can still fade in to the background sometimes to his credit. I put Madley up there with Mike Riley and Uriah Rennie - I also can’t stick Mike Dean, I wish Nige would have gone full ‘nigel’ on him and chinned him in the dressing room when it kicked off the other season. Even on that Carra and Neville with the refs programme on Sky you could tell he was an absolute *anker. 

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

Bobby Madley is probably the worst of the absolute lot let’s be honest. Moss is shit but he can still fade in to the background sometimes to his credit. I put Madley up there with Mike Riley and Uriah Rennie - I also can’t stick Mike Dean, I wish Nige would have gone full ‘nigel’ on him and chinned him in the dressing room when it kicked off the other season. Even on that Carra and Neville with the refs programme on Sky you could tell he was an absolute *anker. 

Looking forward to tomorrow then ........