Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

Absolute state of West Ham's defence.

How the **** does Callum Wilson walk through a 1 v 5 situation with such ease? Absolute state of that backline.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Sid you watch the documentary ? It's meant to be pretty good from what I hear.

I saw an advert for it yesterday where Pep is talking to them in the changing rooms. It was really inspiring stuff etc. 

But the cynic in me found it difficult to trust. I don't doubt he's a great manager and motivator and all of that but people perform when they know there's a camera, you tell people you're making a documentary they're always going to be performing. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's right. Man City are and have always been a small club. Smallest club of the tip 6 by far, smallest fan base and generally the most irrelevant of the top 6.

I like Pep but Man City can do one.

I’m with you Pep is a genius and but Man City have bought their place, including what they pay pep... a club with no real emotion 

Disagree regarding the Man City fan base. Yes there will be loads of glory hunters that have just tagged along for the ride (we have enough of those since the title win) but they have always been a well supported club. Used to fill Maine Road even in the lower leagues

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I saw an advert for it yesterday where Pep is talking to them in the changing rooms. It was really inspiring stuff etc. 

But the cynic in me found it difficult to trust. I don't doubt he's a great manager and motivator and all of that but people perform when they know there's a camera, you tell people you're making a documentary they're always going to be performing. 

I had the same cynicism but then they said it was done over a whole season, and not just specific parts. De Bruyne said they just got used to it being there from the start and forgot they were being filmed. Granted I don't know when that snippet from the changing room was though. I can't imagine someone like Pep would care whether there's a camera there or not! 

Just seen a clip of a Mahrez interview with Sky.

"It was the perfect move, I didn't want to go anywhere other than (Man) City"

Hmmm, now I don't expect him to say "Nah it wasn't perfect but it happened" but come of it Riyad! Who you trying to fool?! You were whoring yourself out to anyone and everyone claiming this or that club was the "Perfect move", "Dream move".

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just seen a clip of a Mahrez interview with Sky.

"It was the perfect move, I didn't want to go anywhere other than (Man) City"

Hmmm, now I don't expect him "Nah it wasn't perfect but it happened" but come of it Riyad! Who you trying to fool?! You were whoring yourself out to anyone and everyone claiming this or that club was the "Perfect move", "Dream move".

I don't think that interview was with the Mahrez we had. Funnily enough he started his career at Sarcelles too but there was no mention of him playing for Leicester.

Edited by Walkers

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

I don't think that interview was with the Mahrez we had. Funnily enough he started his career at Sarcelles too but there was no mention of him playing for Leicester.

To be fair, who comes out and claims to be excited about playing for Leicester in the Championship?

Premier League=£££

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was he? 

I remember him wanting to go to Barcelona and then wanting to go and play for Pep, of Barcelona fame, who is building a - let's be honest - pretty ****ing special team at Man City that he wants Mahrez to be a part of. 

This is just more bitter revisionism. Are we going to hang off his every word and action for the rest of his career looking for shit to either get upset about or laugh in his face if he has a bad run of form? 

Old Boys, was it like this when Lineker left, or are football fans just genuinely becoming more whiney and toxic with every generation? 

Sorry. :kissing:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I find it very strange that Hamer is getting in ahead of Lossl who was one of the better keepers in the league last season! 

Find it harder to believe that the only ex city on the pitch for kick off is Banter Ben

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

De Bruyne out and Pep can still field a decent team with Sterling, Sane and Mahrez on the bench.

SCAREY

Or (And i'll apologise is advance to Finnegan for my cynical opinion) buying players simply so other teams can't have them? :dunno:

Chelsea and Man Utd have done it in the past but I feel Man City are taking it to another level.

Edited by Matt